Looking for a Boxster

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Michael Wood

Looking for a Boxster

Post by Michael Wood »

Anyone know of a good, honest 2000-2004 Boxster for sale, please let me know (jt is also a car that is on my short list). I figure it is better to reach out to the autocross community for leads than play the craigslist game.

Best of all worlds it would be a M030 car, but I'd settle for a clean car with less than 60,000 miles.

Thanks
Mike

mwood24020 AT aol DOT com
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Club: PSCC
Car#: 705

Re: Looking for a Boxster

Post by Tom Tanquary »

Finding a Boxster with an M030 suspension is a bit like finding a needle in a hay stack, if you want a 6 speed. But..... I used Paul Kramer at Autokennel to do a search for me. For a fee he'll find whatever you want. I ended up with just what I wanted (no options except the M030). He did all the paperwork. Easiest car I ever bought.

Might save you a lot of time and trouble.

t
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Tom Tanquary wrote:Easiest car I ever bought.
Me too.

If you know what you want and are serious about buying it, give him a call. You'll end up with the car in short order.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Toby Larsson
Former CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Toby Larsson »

Have you talked to Andy McKee? I don't think he's driving his much anymore.
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Tom Tanquary wrote:I used Paul Kramer at Autokennel to do a search for me. For a fee he'll find whatever you want. I ended up with just what I wanted (no options except the M030). He did all the paperwork. Easiest car I ever bought.

Might save you a lot of time and trouble.

t
+1 as Paul is not only Porsche guy but a BMWCCA club racer and he got me my BMW M3 from out of state. Easiest car purchase ever. Go to --> Auto Kennel
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

I have spoken with Andy, and another local with a nice M030 car, but both aren't in a selling mood.

I did find what sounds like a very good candidate in San Diego. Anyone think of someone who might be able to take a look at the car for me? The seller sounds very genuine and the car looks outstanding (if a little high on asking price...but, life's a negotiation lol), but I'd hate to fly down there, cash in hand, and find that it has problems!
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Michael Wood wrote:Anyone think of someone who might be able to take a look at the car for me? The seller sounds very genuine and the car looks outstanding (if a little high on asking price...but, life's a negotiation lol), but I'd hate to fly down there, cash in hand, and find that it has problems!
That's what Paul Kramer at AutoKennel will do for you Mike. He does all the leg work. If you don't make the purchase then your deposit (of his negotiation fee) is returned to you. If you do make the purchase then you pay off the rest of the negotiation fee.
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

I'm going to have one of our autocross pals from San Diego take a look at the car and, if it is as portrayed, I'll spring for a ticket on Southwest and go see it myself...probably end up buying it, I'm kind of impulsive, that way. :lol:

I did see the Carfax, which was clean with the one owner, and know the rear seal fix was done at 10,000 miles under warranty. Detailed pictures show it is in great condition, but until you crawl around and drive the car, you just can't tell much. I hope the tires need replacing...bargaining power that allows me to mount up some 140's for street tire class ;)