March 19th Practice Registration Open

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

March 19th Practice Registration Open

Post by Rick Brown »

Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Re: March 19th Practice Registration Open

Post by Arthur Grant »

Yeah, quick question about the selection for the registrar. PSCC member is self evident, you either are or arent. For the rest of however what is the right answer, Pro Solo competitor, Championship Competitor, Points Card holder. I could fit any of those?
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Arthur Grant wrote:Yeah, quick question about the selection for the registrar. PSCC member is self evident, you either are or arent. For the rest of however what is the right answer, Pro Solo competitor, Championship Competitor, Points Card holder. I could fit any of those?
Usually it's in order of priority Art. Since it's a precursor to the Pro Solo, looks likes they're giving that top preference so select that.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Thanks George.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

The practice is almost full. PSCC members that plan on attending and inviting any guests need to sign up immediately. Due to the proximity to the upcoming ProSolo and being at the same site, we have given high priority to ProSolo entrants (that means actually signed up for the ProSolo) for this practice. We will be verifying the status asked for on the registration form.

If you are new to SCCA autocross this year we have reserved 3 spots in addition to the 75 limit, but you need to let me know who you are quickly. We may slide the "this year" limit a little if necessary.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Rick Brown wrote:The practice is almost full. PSCC members that plan on attending and inviting any guests need to sign up immediately. Due to the proximity to the upcoming ProSolo and being at the same site, we have given high priority to ProSolo entrants (that means actually signed up for the ProSolo) for this practice. We will be verifying the status asked for on the registration form.

If you are new to SCCA autocross this year we have reserved 3 spots in addition to the 75 limit, but you need to let me know who you are quickly. We may slide the "this year" limit a little if necessary.

I didn't even know registration was open.. oops.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Is there a space issue for the kiddies? Are we all in regardless, or do I need to stress out about getting Maddie in?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Is there a space issue for the kiddies? Are we all in regardless, or do I need to stress out about getting Maddie in?
No limit on kids. And parent(s) don't have to be in the practice.
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

The March 19th and 20th PSCC event is looking like it will be well attended. The days are getting longer and it is time to get out and solo at El Toro.
We should have some great talent out for the weekend with the EVO School nearby and many top drivers setting up for the Pro Solo.
It would great if we could get as many PSCC members out to help support the event. If we all help it will be very easy to put on a great event.
The practice is going to fill up without question so I encourage all PSCC members to sign up now.
We are going to have a full weekend with the junior Kart track, a skid pad for suspension set up and the wonderful El Toro runways for the main track.
Rick Brown wrote:The practice is almost full. PSCC members that plan on attending and inviting any guests need to sign up immediately. Due to the proximity to the upcoming ProSolo and being at the same site, we have given high priority to ProSolo entrants (that means actually signed up for the ProSolo) for this practice. We will be verifying the status asked for on the registration form.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Doug Teulie wrote:The March 19th and 20th PSCC event is looking like it will be well attended. The days are getting longer and it is time to get out and solo at El Toro.
We should have some great talent out for the weekend with the EVO School nearby and many top drivers setting up for the Pro Solo.
It would great if we could get as many PSCC members out to help support the event. If we all help it will be very easy to put on a great event.
The practice is going to fill up without question so I encourage all PSCC members to sign up now.
We are going to have a full weekend with the junior Kart track, a skid pad for suspension set up and the wonderful El Toro runways for the main track.
Doug,
I'll be available all weekend for general help. Let me know if you need coverage in any specific area. I plan to be there on Friday to help with course layout too.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
John Coffey
Car#: 250

Post by John Coffey »

All signed up for both days. I can help anywhere and might be able to come by Friday to help setup.
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

I should be there both days but work is very unpredictable. The weekend I did SSS I had to be backfilled on Sat because of work suddenly coming up. But if I'm there, of course I will do whatever needs doing.
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

We have 87 applications at this point, so some of you won't make it. We will post the final entry list and wait list in the next few days. Unless you are in PSCC or are registered for the ProSolo, I'd say don't bother registering now.
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

Rick Brown wrote:We have 87 applications at this point, so some of you won't make it. We will post the final entry list and wait list in the next few days. Unless you are in PSCC or are registered for the ProSolo, I'd say don't bother registering now.
Cut off is Friday at 5:00 PM and as Rick cez... We are verry full now so PSCC event helpers and Pro-Soloers need to get on the list ASAP.
Doug T
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

I have a question about the kid karts and practice registration. Both my kids are now old enough to run FJB and share one kart, which means at best half the seat time of any session. On the Motorsportsreg site, there isn't the equivalent of split entries the way we have for cars ;-) Should I still register them as separate entries? Both are points card holders.

Thanks.
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Stephen Yeoh wrote:I have a question about the kid karts and practice registration. Both my kids are now old enough to run FJB and share one kart, which means at best half the seat time of any session. On the Motorsportsreg site, there isn't the equivalent of split entries the way we have for cars ;-) Should I still register them as separate entries? Both are points card holders.

Thanks.
For the practice, there will be a separate kids course with unlimited runs. Even sharing a kart, they should get a lot of runs. They will be able to run the big course at lunch if they want to, also. So yes, register each as separate.

For Sunday, they can still run the kids course as much as they want all day, plus get official runs on the big course at the end of lunch.
Richard Jung
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

Rick Brown wrote:They will be able to run the big course at lunch if they want to, also.
:thumbup: Thanks.
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

I think I'll need to go buy some more gas :lol:
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

Practice update:

We are doing 3 sessions (run, rest, work) then Lunch and then 3 sessions(run, rest, work). Each driver works one session in the AM and one in afternoon. We are handing out run tickets (at registration) so we can control the number of runs per work session and control grid flow. I want 150-190 runs per work session (same number for all sessions). You can split your runs up between rest and run (by exchanging tickets at the registration desk or with your friends) but you should do 1/2 your runs in one or two morning sessions and 1/2 in the afternoon sessions. You cannot miss your work assignment. My goal is to make it "friendly" for making setup changes and testing. I don't care who drives what car. I care how many runs we have per session and that all drivers work both work sessions.

Each driver will need a proper run session ticket a car that passed tech and an SCCA DRIVER'S wrist band to pass the starting line. Each extra driver needs to pay the $10 fee (the $10 fee is included in the split entry for 2) to cover SCCA sanction fees that we pay for each driver. All drivers must be an SCCA member or purchase a $15 weekend membership. All passengers over 18 must check in and be an SCCA member or sign the "free" waver at registration (as well as the one at the gate). Younger passengers must be approved for ride along by the SSS before riding. Children under 18 years old MUST have a waiver signed by BOTH parents. Waiver forms are available at SCCA.com.

We will have a test skid pad that you can use too (no tickets required for that). Each driver will need an SCCA DRIVER'S wrist band and a car that passed tech to use the test skid pad.

Youth drivers that are in the Practice:

1) Kevin Jung
2) Cyan Kalman
3) Dane Kalman
4) Robert Ekstrand
5) Bijan Yeoh
6) Neelu Yeoh
7) Kencey Christopher
8) Nathan Woodruff

NOV
A) Mike Bergevin
B) Chandika Huk
C) Mike Hodges

PSCC members that are in the Practice:

1) Paul David Barrish Jr.
2) Rick Brown
3) Tin Bui
4) John Coffey
5) Veronica Hirsch
6) Rick Jung
7) Will Kalman
8) Christina Kubojiri
9) Beverlee Larsson
10) Toby Larsson
11) Max Likhterman
12) Fernando Lim / Jay Parcon
13) Ken Lord / Jayson Woodruff
14) Hi Ly (not PSCC)
15) Tony Munoz / Jay Parcon
16) Michael Oest
17) Theo Osifeso
18) Robert Puertas
19) Mike Simanyi / Katy Nicholls
20) Jeff Stuart
21) Tom Tanquary
22) Doug Teulie / Kathy Teulie
23) Jack Tsou / Mike Kazmierczak
24) Joy Wheaton
25) Jeff S.

This only "some" of the total drivers for the weekend (PSCC and Youth).

The next 25 that are in the Practice:

26) Patrick McBride / Renee Angel
27) Tim Albin
28) Ira Cruz / Marco cruz
29) Justin Davenport
30) Tom Denham
31) Steve Ekstrand / Stacey Miller
32) Bob Endicott
33) Jason Flores
34) Sean Goodbody
35) Arthur Grant
36) Max Hayter
37) Kim Kemper
38) Doug Kott / Mark DeShon
39) Steve Lepper
40) Lily Liu
41) Nicole Nagler
42) Christine Newcomer
43) Dung Nguyen
44) Gregory Peng
45) Brian Peters
46) Waer Chuck / Diana Waer
47) Sebastian Rios / David Rios
48) Shauna Rios
49) George Schilling / Joey Schilling
50) Mike Shin

And the next 15 that are in the Practice:

51) Michael Smith
52) Catherine Tran
53) Jeff Wong
54) Stephen Yeoh
55) Kyle Bailey
56) Brendan Bergner
57) Cabrera Jonathan / Casey Yasuhara
58) Kevin Cao-Hoang
59) KJ Christopher
60) Walter Monty
61) Daryl Lane / Adam Lane
62) Chris Teague
63) Jordan Wilkins
64) Yom James
65) Yeung Daniel

The next to last ten that made it in:

66) Abbott Steve
67) Albin Diana
68) Ankeny Guy / Mary Ankeny
69) Baptiste Leonard
70) Bradley Michael
71) Cachola Leonard
72) Chang Terence
73) Chin Jr Bill / Lisa S.
74) Crozier David
75) Dang Quoc-Viet / Don "The Coach" Salyers

Bonus 3, you made it too so say thanks and smile big:

76) Goodman Byron
77) Hartendorp Jonathan
78) Loney Peter / Guy Ankeny (yes I know he got in)

The waiting list is next:

Christos Adam
Michael Sullivan
Mike Nakata
Thomas Kendall
Stanley Kowalski
Roy Moore
Cal Woolsey
Anthony Avildsen
Peter Yu
Alan Yu

***********************************************************************************
Saturday schedule:

MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE EARLY SO YOU CAN WALK.

7:00 - Tech/Registration Opens
8:00 - Course closes for walking. Novice meeting will follow immediately after Novice course walk.
8:10 - Mandatory Drivers' Safety Meeting.
8:10 - Call for workers
8:30 - First car out
9:00 - Tech/Registration Closes

There will be a separate Junior Kart course available for practice Saturday and Sunday.

There will be a skid pad and slalom set up for tuning.

Format will be 3 groups, Run/Work/Rest, morning and afternoon, minimum 6 runs per session.
Groups will not be time based (within reason) to allow competitors time to make adjustments.

Run / Work groups

Group A
1) Work
2) Rest
3) Run

Group B
1) Run
2) Work
3) Rest

Group C
1) Rest
2) Run
3) Work

Safety:

* Held under the SCCA Solo Rules and the CSCC Solo Supplemental Regulations.
* Helmets must conform to Snell 2000 or newer. Some loaner helmets will be available.
* No alcohol or other intoxicants may be used by anyone on the event site.
* Speed limits - Paddock 5 MPH; Access road 25 MPH
* PLEASE USE CAUTION at all times while on site.

Special Rules:

* Children under 18 years old MUST have a waiver signed by BOTH parents. Waiver forms are available at SCCA.com
* Closed exhaust - 100db @ 50' noise standard.
* Event officials reserve the right to make changes as needed without further notice.

Event Officials:

* Event Chair - Doug Teulie
* Registration Chief - Maggie Jardine
* Course Design - Mike Samanyi
* Worker Chief - Toby Larsson
* Tech Chief - David Barrish
* Waiver Chief - Ken Lord
* Timing Chief - Rick Brown
* Safety Steward - Kim Kemper
* Youth Steward - Rick Jung
Last edited by Doug Teulie on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Doug T
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Notice there is still one opening for a true noobie / Novice. If you are in the wait list and qualify (first event or new in the last couple of months) let us know. Or if you are already in and qualify, let us know so we can move you up to a novice spot and give your spot to someone else.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

BTW, Catherine Tran is in there twice unless there are two of them. (52 and 79)
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Catherine Tran
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 70

Post by Catherine Tran »

I just noticed that too. I hope I'm the #52 Catherine on the list :D
Sincerely,
Catherine Tran
SCNAX #70
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

FYI
The wait list shows the top 10 (those that actually have a chance of getting in). There are actually 24 on the full wait list, so there is no reason to keep registering for the event (I have been getting a few each day since the list was published).
Mike Hodges

Post by Mike Hodges »

Rick Brown wrote:Notice there is still one opening for a true noobie / Novice. If you are in the wait list and qualify (first event or new in the last couple of months) let us know. Or if you are already in and qualify, let us know so we can move you up to a novice spot and give your spot to someone else.
hi rick

i am a novice and i am on the waitlist

i am #586 mike hodges
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Mike Hodges wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:Notice there is still one opening for a true noobie / Novice. If you are in the wait list and qualify (first event or new in the last couple of months) let us know. Or if you are already in and qualify, let us know so we can move you up to a novice spot and give your spot to someone else.
hi rick

i am a novice and i am on the waitlist

i am #586 mike hodges
OK, you're in.