March El Toro Event Replay

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Stacey Miller
Club: CASOC
Car#: 115

March El Toro Event Replay

Post by Stacey Miller »

I just want to thank all of PSCC for such a great event. And a special thanks to Jay Woodruff for setting up the kids course. Robert better be careful. Nathan is going to give him a run for his money.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Re: March El Toro Event Replay

Post by Arthur Grant »

I agree with Stacy PSCC did a very good job in very tough conditions, very tough. I appreciate PSCC members kept their humor, dedication, and got all the runs in. Great effort from a lot of people who obviously love our sport. I personally very much enjoyed working for Ken Lord this weekend. Special thanks to Doug for letting me run last so I could attend the Evo school.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Stacey Miller wrote:I just want to thank all of PSCC for such a great event. And a special thanks to Jay Woodruff for setting up the kids course. Robert better be careful. Nathan is going to give him a run for his money.

He doesn't have his money yet... Don't you mean a run for "our money"?

Big props to proud daddy Jayson, father of the newest 5yo FJCr in the country.

Big props to Doug for attention to detail in stepping up to chair and all of PSCC for their hard work!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Doug Teulie
Club: PSCC
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

I want to thank EVERYONE for putting on events over the last 25 plus years.

The March weekend was literally a 4 ring circus between the EVO school, the skid pad, the kart course and the main course. To make things interesting we had some humidity, wind and even some hail. We had a few cars break this weekend but I think most of them will back up and running before Tour and the Pro. Get well soon cars (sniff). The 4th run / work group on Sunday was VERY challenged with a broken car on course, a Porta-Poty tip over, a plastic K-rail entering the course as we were running, lights failing, cones tipping over in the wind, disappearing chalk boxes, radios slow to work, extremely limited numbers of course workers doing several jobs, I even witnessed the announcer / scoring computer worker (Mari) picking up a cone that was about 300 feet from the motor home. I can seriously say we were short handed and it was very difficult. Toby and Rick Brown did an incredible job / multiple jobs. I would like to thank them for stepping up when so many problems came up. Everyone should thank the Clements family for all the great work they did. Also everyone that worked in the 4th work group deserves an extra special THANK YOU!!! I am sorry that it was cold and we had so many problems.
Last edited by Doug Teulie on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

I would like to apologize to Toby for my "Hey y'all! Watch this!" moment in the finish area on my third run...
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Curt Luther wrote:I would like to apologize to Toby for my "Hey y'all! Watch this!" moment in the finish area on my third run...

Missed it, anyone have video.
Toby Larsson
Former CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Toby Larsson »

Curt Luther wrote:I would like to apologize to Toby for my "Hey y'all! Watch this!" moment in the finish area on my third run...
If you had made it to the practice yesterday you would have seen me have one just as good!
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toby Larsson

Post by Toby Larsson »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:

Big props to Doug for attention to detail in stepping up to chair and all of PSCC for their hard work!
The amount of time Doug spent in planning and pulling of this event is remarkable. Lots of calls and Emails before the event. On site work on Friday between 3pm and 8pm, then Saturday from 6:30AM to about 8PM and then again on Sunday starting at 6:30AM. :thumbup:
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Good work Doug!

The chicken tikka's on me this week!
;-)
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Are you kidding? That was entertaining as hell to watch! :o
Yes, Sunday was great proof of how much our group loves our sport. I watched several course workers coming off course after the forth group with no complaint... Just excited to drive. That's hardcore. And Doug, you are the Circus Master... I mean that in the best way possible. It was a tough job, but you got it done. :thumbup:
Mark D.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Robert Puertas wrote:Good work Doug!

The chicken tikka's on me this week!
;-)
uuhhmmmmmmmmmmm :thumbup:
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Doug, did an incredible job this weekend. His attention to detail is simply outstanding. :thumbup:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

I concur, excellent job Doug! Obviously many hours of pre-planning were involved.

Personal kudos to Mari Clements. Worked virtually every group and didn't run. Worked gate one group, audited 4 of the 5 groups, was announcer one group and most of all was timing chief during the 4th run-group-from-heck. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Tech and gate went just great too. :thumbup: to the crew.
Each morning the gate workers were on the job before the sun was up. :thumbup: to the crew.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Tom Berry
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Excellent event PSCC!
Way to pull it off given all the challenges.
Great organization Doug.
Loved the course.

And a congrats to Mark DeShon for outdriving the rest of STX ( including 2 previous National Champions ) for the win.
And thanks to Toby for the whoopin' :)
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

Great job PSCC. Saturday was a lot fun. I couldn't even leave my driveway Sunday, do to all the rain in my area.

Thanks again,

Steve A.
Toby Larsson

Post by Toby Larsson »

Tom Berry wrote:Excellent event PSCC!
Way to pull it off given all the challenges.
Great organization Doug.
Loved the course.

And a congrats to Mark DeShon for outdriving the rest of STX ( including 2 previous National Champions ) for the win.
And thanks to Toby for the whoopin' :)
I wonder if Marshal could figure out what the difference would be in distance instead of time, I bet it is less than a foot.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Doug Teulie wrote:The 4th run / work group on Sunday was VERY challenged with a broken car on course, a Porta-Poty tip over, a plastic K-rail entering the course as we were running, lights failing, cones tipping over in the wind, disappearing chalk boxes, radios slow to work, extremely limited numbers of course workers doing several jobs, I even witnessed the announcer / scoring computer worker (Mari) picking up a cone that was about 300 feet from the motor home.
You know what they say...poop happens. Unfortunately to all seemed to happen during the 4th group. At some points the wind blew debris into my legs so hard it broke the skin. Might make me rethink the shorts next time. Might.

Great event PSCC! That was the personification of adverse conditions, and I still had a blast. I don't know who designed the course, but great job! Fun and challenging with a good amount of yeehaw, particularly in the wet. :thumbup:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Post by Jeff Shyu »

I figured I fulfilled my normal Sunday's exercise routine yesterday by trekking out to the far corner of the course to mark those cones at the re-entry gate box.. >_<

didn't realize how far I had gone out, until I turned around trying to find the start location. Luckily, the wind was blowing so hard all i had to do was keep jumping, and I'd parachute to the motorhome.. :lol:

It surprised me how hard it was raining when I left after the 4th group, and got DUMPED on as I was driving north on 405. Apparently it had rained most of the day in Long Beach, even though it was pretty sporadic at El Toro itself.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Stacey Miller wrote:I just want to thank all of PSCC for such a great event. And a special thanks to Jay Woodruff for setting up the kids course. Robert better be careful. Nathan is going to give him a run for his money.
Nathan had a blast. He was so bored of me starting him slow (un powered stuff, holding him on a teather). All he wanted to do was go fast. his first question every finish was "What was that time". He wanted to run the kid course Sunday too, but by the time I cleared my duties the weather had really deteriorated. So we skipped the Sunday running.

Jay W
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Thank you PSCC, and especially Doug who I thought did an outstanding job as Event Master. Thanks for letting me make fun of people as a work assignment :D
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Max Hayter wrote:Thanks for letting me make fun of people as a work assignment :D
:unimpressed:
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Jeff Shyu wrote::unimpressed:
How big is that camera lens, Jeff? :shock:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Jeff Shyu wrote:
Max Hayter wrote:Thanks for letting me make fun of people as a work assignment :D
:unimpressed:
Be careful Max, with the lens Jeff has, it might be easy to come up with some embarrassing photos.....

oh wait........

...........that happens all the time to you. Never mind.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

I think I had one of my timing lights (sender) and battery get swept up with the CalClub stuff. It'll look a little different than the others and have a different connector. Please set it aside for me when someone finds it.

Thanks,

Jay W