Wanted: R comps

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Wanted: R comps

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I'm registered in SK2 for the Pro, and it looks like in addition to being ineligible for the challenges, it's also undersubscribed so we're going to get bumped. It seems like just running regular D Stock is the best option, especially since if I run with them I'm the fifth driver. Problem is I don't have R-comps and I'm not going to bring a squirtgun to a machinegun fight. So does anyone have a set of r-comps size 225/40R-17 or close (aspect ratio and width are a little flexible) they'd be willing to rent me?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Daniel Y.
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 125

Re: Wanted: R comps

Post by Daniel Y. »

I have a set of 225/45/17 V710s. They're a bit old, but they're round!

Details here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW, you'll be hard pressed to find a 225/40/17; it's a very odd size.
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Kurt Ra wrote:I'm registered in SK2 for the Pro, and it looks like in addition to being ineligible for the challenges, it's also undersubscribed so we're going to get bumped. It seems like just running regular D Stock is the best option, especially since if I run with them I'm the fifth driver. Problem is I don't have R-comps and I'm not going to bring a squirtgun to a machinegun fight. So does anyone have a set of r-comps size 225/40R-17 or close (aspect ratio and width are a little flexible) they'd be willing to rent me?
I have a bunch of 235-40-17 BFG R1 tires.
Jason Uyeda

Post by Jason Uyeda »

I have a pair of new (2007 build date) 225/40/17 A6's I'd be willing to sell for pretty cheap.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Thanks, guys. Emails sent.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Found what I was looking for. Thanks, guys!
==============