Lone Pine Date?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Lone Pine Date?

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

The calendar shows June 4-5 for lone pine. Is that pretty firm? I might try to make Sunday.

Jay W
Renee Angel
Club: No$
Car#: 77

Re: Lone Pine Date?

Post by Renee Angel »

That's a firm date as far as I know. Once again, no information on Lone Pine yet. Somebody needs to get on the ball. It will be good to see you at Lone Pine again, Jayson.

Renee
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:The calendar shows June 4-5 for lone pine. Is that pretty firm? I might try to make Sunday.

Jay W
Ummm, don't you have another commitment on that weekend?
Jayson Woodruff

Bill Martin wrote:Ummm, don't you have another commitment on that weekend?
Just Saturday (so far). So I figure if I'm half way to Lone Pine with a dirty rental car on a trailer already...

Jay W
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

There is finally a basic site up & running:Lone Pine Time Trials

Registration information will be available "soon"... I'll let you know when there is an actual flyer or registration link available.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:There is finally a basic site up & running:Lone Pine Time Trials

Registration information will be available "soon"... I'll let you know when there is an actual flyer or registration link available.
I make the flyer. Just need the info update (Who's in charge, contact number(s), pricing).
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Carl Vanderschuit

Post by Carl Vanderschuit »

Fun event! Unfortunately for me, it tends to land on either end of school or a graduation. This year its my oldest graduating from college! But I look forward to 2012.
Jayson Woodruff

Bump. Checking if anyone's heard anything?

Jay W
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:Bump. Checking if anyone's heard anything?

Jay W
Not me. No requests for flyers or entry forms. No planning meeting invites. No request for the motor home. Doesn't seem like it's happening.
Earl Merz
Car#: 40

Post by Earl Merz »

Well,I'm headed up that way for a day trip on Saturday. I'll be swinging by the site to check out it's condition.
Pat has been forwarding me emails he gets from Bret. Seems like he's planning on having the event. But I haven't heard much else.
I hope this event happens, I've been bugging people at work to come. I think I have 3 newbies and 1 return who would attend, if it's on.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE with Nav (need it to find my way around the course)
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

No worries Earl. We just had our monthly committee/E-board meeting and Renee's working on the details. Lone Pine will happen per Renee's comments tonight.
Jayson Woodruff

I might get a couple RallyXers to follow me up on Saturday night to Lone Pine for some Sunday fun.

Jay W
Earl Merz

Post by Earl Merz »

Went to Lone Pine today. Looked at the site. Minor cleanup needed. For those that have been up there for cleanup, it's about as much as last year. No where as bad as the year before.

Bad news, High Sierra Cafe has closed up.
Bret Norgaard

Post by Bret Norgaard »

Renee and Rick,
I just now logged in to this forum to find the two of you questioning the details of this event??? Since February I have been sending out detailed emails and requests to all of last years Lone Pine committee members with limited response. The members who have been in regular contact with me (Scott, Bill, Brian, Irish, Charlie...) have helped out tremendously and after loosing months without much to work with, we are definitely getting things on track. I will post my contact info and please get in touch with me ASAP. Both of you are instrumental to this special event and we really need you guys!

For the first time since the events inception, there is now a dedicated website, http://www.lonepinetimetrials.com/, and online entry should be open this evening at myautoevents.com. There are a few glitches I need to work through before officially opening. We also have some great sponsors on board and most, if not all of the start-up expenses for this event will be covered. Additionally, the Lone Pine Time Trials now has a non-profit business checking account so we can accurately account for all expenditures and money transactions. We will be donating the proceeds from this year’s event to Lone Pine High School, which is in dire need of funding for repairs and improvements to their facilities.

Rick; I was told the Timing/Scoring RV was reserved for the weekend of June 4-5 and requested confirmation. Please contact me and I will discuss the topics you mention in your posts including shirts, a flyer (there are notable changes), etc. I greatly appreciate all that you do for this event and I certainly need your help.

Renee; with the online entry being put in place, registration and the entry fee collection should be streamlined. This is a pre-entry event and late/day of entries will be cash only... no checks. Lot's to discuss and the event needs you, girl!

Earl; you are onboard now and I would like to plug you in to a key role for the event. Get in touch and we will discuss.

We are planning the annual "Site Clean Up" weekend on May 21-22. Volunteers are needed and we will have some great food and camping mayhem in store for the evenings.

Event details, online entry, schedule, etc, etc will be readily available online at the website and myautoevents.com. These will be updated regularly so stay tuned.

Bret Norgaard
Email: yawsport@gmail.com
Phone: (619) 261-1201
Bret Norgaard
San Diego Region, #170
DCCSD
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Following up on what Earl reported, I was up there yesterday and it's nearly clean enough to run as is. Short scrubby weeds have grown only at the southernmost end of the main runway. They would clean up with nothing but parade laps. The "camping runway" is a little more overgrown, but not so much you can't use it.

But I suppose in five weeks things could change a little.
Earl Merz

Post by Earl Merz »

I got 1 engineer at work to commit to coming up. 3 others are on the fence. Trying to get my manager to bring out an old test car for "evaluation" with the rest of the engineers.

Next week I'm gonna work on getting some door prizes for the banquet. A company this large should have some promo goodies they can spare.

Bret, sending you an e-mail.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Q V »

Online registration is now available: http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm ... 8&psmode=3
Matt Cipolla
Club: CASOC
Car#: 401

Post by Matt Cipolla »

Is this something I would be able to do in my matrix? Also, I didn't see a price on the site.
Santa Monica Acura Sales - http://www.smacura.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.facebook.com/cipolla.matt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.twitter.com/MatthewCipolla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Q V
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Q V »

Matt Cipolla wrote:Is this something I would be able to do in my matrix? Also, I didn't see a price on the site.
Yes, and the price is shown once you start the registration process @ the myautoevents site.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Matt Cipolla wrote:Is this something I would be able to do in my matrix? Also, I didn't see a price on the site.
You can do it in anything.

(Includes free t-shirt)
Pre-register (both days) ( $65.00 plus online processing fee of $3.56) $68.56
Pre-register (Saturday, one day only) ( $45.00 plus online processing fee of $2.94) $47.94
Pre-register (Sunday, one day only) ( $45.00 plus online processing fee of $2.94) $47.94
Extra event T-shirt $15.00
Saturday night banquet- buffet meal $15.00
Late entry (both days)- $75 CASH ONLY
Late Entry (one day only) $55
Jayson Woodruff

Rick Brown wrote:
Except maybe for a college student BMW beater.

Jay W
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:
Except maybe for a college student BMW beater.

Jay W
Actually we have a Beater Class and usually have at least a couple of cars with several drivers per car. Don't remember the details but something like a $500 max.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Class for rental Spec Crown Victoria?

Upon return.... I thing the alignment is bad, all four tires corded. I want a refund!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Class for rental Spec Crown Victoria?

Upon return.... I thing the alignment is bad, all four tires corded. I want a refund!
It's been done with various large atypical vehicles.
Earl Merz

Post by Earl Merz »

Rick Brown wrote: Actually we have a Beater Class and usually have at least a couple of cars with several drivers per car. Don't remember the details but something like a $500 max.
I was booted from the beater class because my car was too fast. I cant help it I got a running and driving car for free.