The Tirerack SoPac Divisional - Register before June 12th!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: The Tirerack SoPac Divisional - Register before June 12th!

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

What wierd world are we in where ASP is the largest class?!
Justin Tsang
Car#: 88

Post by Justin Tsang »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:What wierd world are we in where ASP is the largest class?!
That means people in Socal makes a lot of money
FSP 88 Mazda 3
STX 88 v1 Mazdaspeed 3, v2 E36, v3 BRZ, v4 WRX?
Michael Smith
Car#: 21

Post by Michael Smith »

Where is the schedule for site open/tech times, etc?
Thanks.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Michael Smith wrote:Where is the schedule for site open/tech times, etc?
Thanks.
In the Supp Regs: Click Here
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Michael Smith
Car#: 21

Post by Michael Smith »

What tiny font.
Thanks for steering me in the right direction. Can you walk course with me too? :P
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Michael Smith wrote:What tiny font. :P
In Firefox (and probably IE) hold Ctrl and hit the + or - to zoom in or out. :D
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Michael Smith wrote:Thanks for steering me in the right direction. Can you walk course with me too? :P
Sure, but while some say a Civic is a big go kart, not sure my lines will apply................ :lol:
JB Parker

Post by JB Parker »

I need to change my number in c stock to 196. Sorry my dad changed numbers on me.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

JB Parker wrote:I need to change my number in c stock to 196. Sorry my dad changed numbers on me.
You can edit numbers yourself. But it looks like it's already 196.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Rick Brown wrote:
JB Parker wrote:I need to change my number in c stock to 196. Sorry my dad changed numbers on me.
You can edit numbers yourself. But it looks like it's already 196.
Oops! Sorry Rick. I meant to respond that I had taken care of it.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Maybe a silly question here, but has a run/work order been posted yet? I can't find it?
Mark D.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Mark DeShon wrote:Maybe a silly question here, but has a run/work order been posted yet? I can't find it?
Mark D.
Nope. A bit of work to balance not only the run groups but the work groups, taking into consideration all the chiefs and other per-assigned workers. It should be out in a few days
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Regarding the subject of the onerous penalty for late registration, I am a victim of one aspect that may not have been thoroughly thought out or considered. I am a newbie to Solo2. So new, in fact, that I had only become aware of this upcoming event AFTER the deadline of June 12th, when I was running my very first Championship event ON June 12th at Qualcomm in San Diego. Although I registered today prior to the final, final deadline of this coming Thursday, I only entered the Sunday Regional due to the outrageous cost that I would incur had I entered for the entire weekend. So, I guess I'm an example of why this policy serves to drive away business and new folks to this sport. Although I still entered for at least one day, I'm sure there are others who decided to skip the whole affair. I almost did.

Had there been some no-penalty provision for new folks only just arriving to the sport, but beyond the deadline, I would have paid for the entire weekend, and would not have this terrible taste in my throat. Being a businessman, and I'm sure many others here are as well, I'm always looking for ways to convert a prospect (newbie) to a customer (entrant).

For whatever it's worth, I was a card-carrying Cal Club member back in the day while piloting a FF at venues that included Riverside, Ontario and Willow Springs. In fact, I am a mid-70's graduate of the Jim Russell School at Willow.

I know you folks are working hard to make this event a success. I just hope you won't mind a "newbie's" opinion or thoughts.
I'll see you Sunday and maybe Friday. I look forward to meeting some or all of you.

Ed Holley
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
George Schilling
Club Representative

Oops
Last edited by George Schilling on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

Ed Holley wrote:Regarding the subject of the onerous penalty for late registration, I am a victim of one aspect that may not have been thoroughly thought out or considered. I am a newbie to Solo2. So new, in fact, that I had only become aware of this upcoming event AFTER the deadline of June 12th, when I was running my very first Championship event ON June 12th at Qualcomm in San Diego. Although I registered today prior to the final, final deadline of this coming Thursday, I only entered the Sunday Regional due to the outrageous cost that I would incur had I entered for the entire weekend. So, I guess I'm an example of why this policy serves to drive away business and new folks to this sport. Although I still entered for at least one day, I'm sure there are others who decided to skip the whole affair. I almost did.

Had there been some no-penalty provision for new folks only just arriving to the sport, but beyond the deadline, I would have paid for the entire weekend, and would not have this terrible taste in my throat. Being a businessman, and I'm sure many others here are as well, I'm always looking for ways to convert a prospect (newbie) to a customer (entrant).

For whatever it's worth, I was a card-carrying Cal Club member back in the day while piloting a FF at venues that included Riverside, Ontario and Willow Springs. In fact, I am a mid-70's graduate of the Jim Russell School at Willow.

I know you folks are working hard to make this event a success. I just hope you won't mind a "newbie's" opinion or thoughts.
I'll see you Sunday and maybe Friday. I look forward to meeting some or all of you.

Ed Holley
Thanks for your thoughtful opinion Ed. It is appreciated.

This event is not a normal event for us. The Divisional is a national level event catering to national level drivers, those vying for championship points, and regulars who would like to experience a national level event. Unlike our normal events, this one does not have a novice coordinator on hand to get newbies up to speed. However, with your experience, you'll probably do just fine with just a few questions that can be answered by one of the event officials. For our normal Autox Sunday events, the penalty is only $10 and you can register up to the night before the event.

More information can be found here: posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=78582#pr78231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks again for weighing-in.
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

For our normal Autox Sunday events, the penalty is only $10 and you can register up to the night before the event.
Thanks George! I look forward to meeting you. Relating to the quote above, I'm certainly getting edumacated as to the differences in Regions. Down in San Diego for the Champ event there is only walk-up registration and its on the day of the event...and therefore no "penalty".

BTW, I live HERE. Not in San Diego. El Toro or Fontana would be local venues for me.

Ed Holley
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Relating to the quote above, I'm certainly getting edumacated as to the differences in Regions. Down in San Diego for the Champ event there is only walk-up registration and its on the day of the event...and therefore no "penalty".

BTW, I live HERE. Not in San Diego. El Toro or Fontana would be local venues for me.

Ed Holley
Except if you don't have an SD membership card, you must get one. Our card gives you a permanent number and the right to earn points, but is optional. Online registration makes it much easier on registration/timing/scoring and is the same price for everyone, card holder or not. We don't fill out cards at all. Minor differences that to those of us that run both regions don't really notice after a while. We are a lot more alike than many years ago, borrowing ideas from each other regularly. When possible we both try to avoid conflicting events and there are even people that run both in the same day when there are conflicts.
Last edited by Rick Brown on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mack Tsang
Car#: 188

Post by Mack Tsang »

Nathan Roof didn't sign up for FSP. :(
San Francisco Region
FSP #188 - Mazda3
Jesus Villarreal

Post by Jesus Villarreal »

I got an email that said my SCCA membership number was incorrect, I logged onto Motorsports reg and changed it, it just needed an underscore between the last two numbers, I hope this didn't/doesn't cause any problems.

Jesus
George Schilling
Club Representative

Jesus Villarreal wrote:I got an email that said my SCCA membership number was incorrect, I logged onto Motorsports reg and changed it, it just needed an underscore between the last two numbers, I hope this didn't/doesn't cause any problems.

Jesus
That took care of it Jesus.

If you received an email like Jesus, the four most common issues related to SCCA numbers not being approved are:

1. Your membership card has expired. Please contact SCCA and you can renew over the phone with credit card or you can purchase a weekend membership.

2. The number is entered wrong. It has to be exact including any underscores.

3. The name you registered under does not match the name on you SCCA membership. It has to be exact.

4. Missing SCCA numbers.

Thanks for making the correction.
Jesus Villarreal

Post by Jesus Villarreal »

OK, thanks, see you guys on Friday.

Jesus
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Mark DeShon wrote:Maybe a silly question here, but has a run/work order been posted yet? I can't find it?
Mark D.
Now added to the first page of MSR and to the Attendee List.
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

So, now I'm wondering... where did my registration go? I registered over a month ago, and now it appears I've disappeared from the system.

I registered for the divisional the same day I registered for the 5/22 event, so is there a way to go back and find out what happened?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Lepper wrote:So, now I'm wondering... where did my registration go? I registered over a month ago, and now it appears I've disappeared from the system.

I registered for the divisional the same day I registered for the 5/22 event, so is there a way to go back and find out what happened?
For what ever reason, the registration must not have been "completed". I get emails for each registration (and change/edit to registration) and the first one I have from you is today.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Tom Dobyns
Club: GRA
Car#: 48

Post by Tom Dobyns »

In looking at the run/work order, I'm assuming that it is the same for both days?

Correct?