SCCA ProSolo Finale (Lincoln, NE) - Results

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Lincoln Airpark, Lincoln, Nebraska (Adobe Acrobat PDF files - URL links)
Notes (trophy positions listed):
  • Scott McHugh- 2nd in BS
  • Don Green - 3rd in HS
  • Will Kalman - 4th in ST (just behind nemesis Andy Hollis in 3rd)
  • Craig Naylor - 5th in STS
  • James Yom - 1st in STR
  • Max "Nancy boy" Hayter - 5th in STR
  • Tom Berry - 1st in BSP
  • Marshall Grice - 2nd in BSP (co-driver and future son-in law)
  • Mike Simanyi - 2nd in SM (our Solo chairman)
  • Paul Russell - 1st in F125
  • Barbara LeRoy-Boehme - 1st in L1
  • Leslie Cohen - 2nd in L1 (3rd in the Ladies Challenge)
  • Nicole Nagler - 5th in L1
  • Christine Berry - 2nd in L2
  • Katy Nicholls- 4th in L2
  • Shawn Kiesel - 5th in L2
  • Jeff Kiesel - 1st in R1 (and Winner of the ProSolo Finale Super Challenge)
  • Kevin Jung - 1st in FJB
  • Zak Kiesel - 2nd in FJB
Congratulations to all our trophy and class winners, as well as those who went out and represented our region in competition.
Last edited by Giovanni Jaramillo on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theo O.

Re: SCCA ProSolo Finale (Lincoln, NE) - Results

Post by Theo O. »

Thanks for the links.

Great job in ST Mike K! Tough class.

Looking at Bump Class 2, I think people are duplicating the Dougs formula for DSP, 330Ci's cleaned house. Go BMW!
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Because we've just gotten to know them a bit, we're curious as to what happened to Seb and Shanna Rios?
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

I've been informed that a comment I posted about was intended as a complement, even though it came across to me differently. As such, I have removed my post.
Last edited by Craig Naylor on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Ed Holley wrote:Because we've just gotten to know them a bit, we're curious as to what happened to Seb and Shanna Rios?
They are here for the Solo National Championships, but did not run the ProSolo Finale.
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Post by Art Rinner »

I wouldn't read it that way Craig. In 03 I finished fourth and last trophy spot in BP and I'm very proud of that finish. I think you did a fantastic job, well done.

I can see how your feelings could be bent, and I know you and Gio are best of friends :o . To be consistant Gio should have mentioned that others were in the last spot also.
Last edited by Art Rinner on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Craig Naylor wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:Because we've just gotten to know them a bit, we're curious as to what happened to Seb and Shanna Rios?
They are here for the Solo National Championships, but did not run the ProSolo Finale.

Newbie me! I missed the reference to "ProSolo" and COMPLETELY was clueless that the "Nats" are still going on...I think.

Thanks Craig!

And BTW, I'm hoping you're not taking how your "5th spot" was referenced as ANYTHING other than something you should be VERY PROUD of. It's the "Finals" after all.

And, since we're in the awards business, for 20 bucks and with our laser engraver, you could be "World Champion" in about 5 minutes. :thumbup: ;)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Ed Holley wrote:
Craig Naylor wrote:

Newbie me! I missed the reference to "ProSolo" and COMPLETELY was clueless that the "Nats" are still going on...I think.
Nationals just started today and continues through Friday. Half the competitors run Tuesday/Wednesday the rest Thursday/Friday. Different courses each day, best time from each day added together.

You can see results here as they accumulate: Nationals Results
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

Just so's folks know, the courses are as different as night and day. Totally different driving styles required. The East course is of like driving through a series of 90 degree corners with a couple of short slaloms. The west course is almost entirely slaloms and walloms, with a couple of nasty corners thrown in. East course - Andy Hollis, West course - Kevin Youngers.
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

For those who were not in attendance but have competed in PRO's at El Toro, a non-class winner can often qualify for the challenge by being .5 to .75 seconds behind their class lead. Cut off at the Finale was 0.150 seconds. Finishing's across almost every class was very tight. Every trophy place in every class was earned! There were no freebies here.
Last edited by Craig Naylor on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Theo O. wrote:Thanks for the links.
You're welcome.
Theo O. wrote:Looking at Bump Class 2, I think people are duplicating the Dougs formula for DSP, 330Ci's cleaned house. Go BMW!
More like Bob Tunnell's original formula :)
Craig Naylor wrote:It's insulting, and I would not impose it on the others either (which is why I didn't mention others in my post, and I waited two days hoping he would remove the slight before I responded.) No one should have that "tag" behind their results, and Art, I'd appreciate if you remove the last sentence from your response too.
For some reason the message boards didn't e-mail me about updates to the thread. Someone e-mailed me privately in reference to this thread but I didn't really understand why so I decided to check the thread.

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Now I get it. Since I'm on the E-Board, I'll refrain from commenting what's REALLY on mind other than to say my reasoning behind my quote (see below)
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:Craig Naylor - 5th in STS (final trophy spot)
It was simply to note that the class (STS) was large enough to accomodate trophy spots all the way down to 5th. Which is good since the more competitors, the more trophy spots. If you feel that it was a slight towards you Craig, it wasn't.

And in reference to your post Art, I made this thread altruistically. To sit there and read and copy paste my thoughts was just on the fly. I even forgot about Don Green til I went over the results again and saw that he trophied. Now will I update my original thread so everyone feels good? NO. I did it for our members to get the "Cliff Notes" of the ProSolo.

But again............no good deed goes unpunished eh? (inside joke to the person who e-mailed me).
Giovanni Jaramillo

Theo O. wrote:Thanks for the links.
You're welcome.
Theo O. wrote:Looking at Bump Class 2, I think people are duplicating the Dougs formula for DSP, 330Ci's cleaned house. Go BMW!
More like Bob Tunnell's original formula :)
Craig Naylor wrote:It's insulting, and I would not impose it on the others either (which is why I didn't mention others in my post, and I waited two days hoping he would remove the slight before I responded.) No one should have that "tag" behind their results, and Art, I'd appreciate if you remove the last sentence from your response too.
For some reason the message boards didn't e-mail me about updates to the thread. Someone e-mailed me privately in reference to this thread but I didn't really understand why so I decided to check the thread.

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Now I get it. Since I'm on the E-Board, I'll refrain from commenting what's REALLY on mind other than to say my reasoning behind my quote (see below)
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:Craig Naylor - 5th in STS (final trophy spot)
It was simply to note that the class (STS) was large enough to accomodate trophy spots all the way down to 5th. Which is good since the more competitors, the more trophy spots.
If you feel that it was a slight towards you Craig, it wasn't.
Art Rinner wrote: I wouldn't read it that way Craig. In 03 I finished fourth and last trophy spot in BP and I'm very proud of that finish. I think you did a fantastic job, well done.

I can see how your feelings could be bent, and I know you and Gio are best of friends :o . To be consistant Gio should have mentioned that Don Green and Max were in the last trophy spots also.
You are correct Art, I made this thread altruistically. To sit there and read and copy paste my thoughts was just on the fly. I even forgot about Don Green til I went over the results again and saw that he trophied and put him on the list. I'm sure there may be an omission here or there but that's why I put the LINKS to the actual results, so people can see them directly instead of going through 50 links on SCCA's crappy website before you actually get to SEE results.

Now will I update my original thread so everyone feels good? NO. I did it for our members to get the "Cliff Notes" of the ProSolo. But again............no good deed goes unpunished eh? (inside joke to the person who e-mailed me).
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Toby won!!!!
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Robert Puertas wrote:Toby won!!!!
Yay! Congrats, Toby! :gpower:
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Giovanni Jaramillo

YES!!! I'll post a new thread for the Nationals results, once it's all finished. But congrats to Toby in FP.
Hi Ly
Car#: 52

Post by Hi Ly »

Congratulations! Toby.
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Hi Ly wrote:Congratulations! Toby.
the couple sure know how to go out with a bang.. :gpower:

grats to everyone.. :)
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Also, congrats go out to Bev and Nicole for their class wins in FPL and STL! :gpower:
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Jason Isley BS RX8

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

That was awesome to see. Could not happen to a nicer guy. :thumbup:
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Agreed. New thread on Solo Nationals now posted so comments can now be posted there with current results so far.
Jason Isley BS RX8

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: Agreed. New thread on Solo Nationals now posted so comments can now be posted there with current results so far.
You should change the title and merge the threads. ;)
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: Agreed. New thread on Solo Nationals now posted so comments can now be posted there with current results so far.
You should change the title and merge the threads. ;)
I didn't want to comment on the other thread, since it's so clean. but are those *final*?

I looked up Aaron's standing, and it said 6th, not 5th.. :cry:
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

I think Gio's separate thread is an intended slight against those that did not go at all and so failed to get a trophy.

:D
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:You should change the title and merge the threads. ;)
hahah :) As Jeff mentioned, it's a cleaner look and easier for members to see as opposed to comments about people's performances for different events on the same thread.
Jeff Shyu wrote:I didn't want to comment on the other thread, since it's so clean. but are those *final*?

I looked up Aaron's standing, and it said 6th, not 5th.. :cry:
Yes it's clean so feel free to comment Jeff as they are final for the 1st round of classes competing. And sorry, my typo. Aaron did come in 6th, not 5th. I updated my post on the other thread.
Randy Chase wrote:I think Gio's separate thread is an intended slight against those that did not go at all and so failed to get a trophy.

:D
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: this smiley was brought to you by.........ChaseCam :)
Toby Larsson
Former CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Toby Larsson »

Thanks Jason and Robert. Wish I could pull off as many in a row as you did Jason.
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;