General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

New Fastrack Oct 11

Post by Sebastian Rios »

http://www.scca.com/assets/11-fastrack-oct.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do I win?

Jeff: Your clarification came through re: catch cans.
Jeff Wong
Club: CASOC
Car#: 146

Re: New Fastrack Oct 11

Post by Jeff Wong »

Sweet! Although, I was looking forward to the new ST layout or the obtaining more hamsters by moving our cat back the 6"!
Jeff Wong
1994 Honda Civic- STS
ProParts USA
Like Us on Facebook
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Sebastian Rios wrote:http://www.scca.com/assets/11-fastrack-oct.pdf

What do I win?
Gio's undying admiration.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Rick Brown wrote:

What do I win?
Until someone else takes the crown. :lol:
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

The KAC is seeking feedback on potentially switching FJA/FJB to a spec engine. This engine would be the Briggs & Stratton
World Formula as they are configured now in their respective classes. This would be phased in by a sunset rule making all
current engines legal until 2016 at which point on the World Formula would be the only engine allowed. The committee is
also looking for feedback on the exact year for the “sunset rule” implementation. (#5442)
Please write a letter of support for this proposal, even if you don't have a kid in mix. I'd suggest that electric start be mandatory as well and the earlier the phase-in the better.

My letter (don't copy it):
Writing in support of a spec world formula engine in FJ. My daughter has competed in FJB (Comer 80) and is currently in FJA (World Formula). I would also recommend that electric start be mandatory. Having kids in karts that don't require loud/annoying warm up periods in grid will be appreciated by the membership at large. Having the ability to have the kids restart after a spin will be appreciated by the membership at large. Having engines that are less finicky will be appreciated by potential members of the class. (Yes, I know that some people don't have finicky problems with 2 strokes.) Recommend a phase-in year of 2014 at the latest. I'd be game for 2013. Getting away from perceived or real problems with the karts being loud, obnoxious and/or event holder-uppers will be beneficial for the sport at large. I think the restriction on FJB should be through a standard, internal throttle stop as opposed to a restrictor. I have yet to find someone who has made a restrictor plate World Formula work well.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

What do I win?
Until someone else takes the crown. :lol:
Seb is our NEW champion :) King of FasTrack :) Your "rank" has been updated Seb on your profile below your Avatar. The city of Corona has put a "Corona" (for you non-spanish speak folk, corona means crown" on your head. :)
Richard Jung
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

KJ Christopher wrote:
The KAC is seeking feedback on potentially switching FJA/FJB to a spec engine. This engine would be the Briggs & Stratton
World Formula as they are configured now in their respective classes. This would be phased in by a sunset rule making all
current engines legal until 2016 at which point on the World Formula would be the only engine allowed. The committee is
also looking for feedback on the exact year for the “sunset rule” implementation. (#5442)
Please write a letter of support for this proposal, even if you don't have a kid in mix. I'd suggest that electric start be mandatory as well and the earlier the phase-in the better.

Writing in support of a spec world formula engine in FJ. My daughter has competed in FJB (Comer 80) and is currently in FJA (World Formula). I would also recommend that electric start be mandatory. Having kids in karts that don't require loud/annoying warm up periods in grid will be appreciated by the membership at large. Having the ability to have the kids restart after a spin will be appreciated by the membership at large. Having engines that are less finicky will be appreciated by potential members of the class. (Yes, I know that some people don't have finicky problems with 2 strokes.) Recommend a phase-in year of 2014 at the latest. I'd be game for 2013. Getting away from perceived or real problems with the karts being loud, obnoxious and/or event holder-uppers will be beneficial for the sport at large. I think the restriction on FJB should be through a standard, internal throttle stop as opposed to a restrictor. I have yet to find someone who has made a restrictor plate World Formula work well.
Hey KJ,

I agree with the KAC proposal too. Although it may be better to make the electric start optional, so the larger kids don't go too far over minimum wt., due to the 12v battery. A pull start would then be required.

Rick
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Richard Jung wrote:
KJ Christopher wrote:

Hey KJ,

I agree with the KAC proposal too. Although it may be better to make the electric start optional, so the larger kids don't go too far over minimum wt., due to the 12v battery. A pull start would then be required.

Rick
Good point, but we could adjust minimum weights as well. Something else to write in on.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I was watching Eric Nelson tune an FJA WF. When things are going right, an arthritic 5yo could pull start it. I was amazed how easy it started. But I do love the stalled kid being able to start themselves.

I'm all for Spec engine. I figure since I'm in the market for a KT-100 right now, that will guarantee we move to a WF spec. Bad timing in my personal situation, but for the good of the class I totally support the move. WF cannot be restrictor plated though, it doesn't work and the KT100 will kill it at any weight break.

I'm disappointed that the KAC won't consider the offer by Briggs to provide a sealed motor that could carry through from FJC to FJA with a different exhausts and ignitions.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600