General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mari Clements
Club: PSCC
Car#: 130

Roger Johnson's Acceleration and Braking Table

Post by Mari Clements »

Hi all--

Roger Johnson found a problem in the Acceleration and Braking Table he presented at our course design seminary, and he and Karen Babb revised it. He has given permission to share it with any of you that are interested (i.e., not just attendees at the course design school). Unfortunately, it is too large to upload here (624 K, with our max of 512).

If there's a guru who can override this or post it elsewhere on the site, please let me know, and I'll send it to you. Otherwise, shoot me an email with your email address and I'll send it to you. Please *don't* just post here with your requests, as I am seldom on the forum...

Also...he'd be totally up for designing a course that really fits our lot someday (i.e., doesn't have the wrong scale/dimensions on the map). :)

***edit*** Thanks to all who offered to post the table. There were many of you, so I expect it will be online soon! :D

P.S. Who let Max be in charge of the editing buttons on this site? Font colour?

Link to the DOC:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4Byca ... FlNmIyNWIw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: Roger Johnson's Acceleration and Braking Table

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Link to the doc added to the bottom of Mari's post.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Thanks Aaron and Mari!

Edit: BTW, does anyone have a downloadable version of the Illustrator version of his corrected Fontucky lot map?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Thanks Aaron and Mari!

Edit: BTW, does anyone have a downloadable version of the Illustrator version of his corrected Fontucky lot map?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5915&start=25#p82115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ? Or do you need a different format?
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote:Thanks Aaron and Mari!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5915&start=25#p82115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ? Or do you need a different format?
Nope, that's perfect. Roger must've saved his native Illustrator file as a PDF, because it opens editable in Illustrator.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.