Special thanks to PSCC

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Special thanks to PSCC

Post by Arthur Grant »

Great job running today's practice. Special shout out to Theo, who parked his car during the second yellow run group to go out and work the coruse in section one when no one could be found. Working out of cars, hundled under umbrella's the whole team did a great job with great attitudes.

Pretty sure the Cal Poly guys could have made bank today if they had come.

Was fun to run through the puddles,
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Re: Special thanks to PSCC

Post by Arthur Grant »

By the way, driving in the rain was a hoot. The last turn around kept moving, but the overall course was awesome.
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

The biggest thanks has to go to Ken! He and I started the day by pushing two potter potties a good distance in the rain. I'm on my second dose of Advil from the back pain. Then we had to get creative with run grouping after a bunch of people left due to the weather.

Great job Ken, pure dedication.

Oh, thanks to the gate chief, Jeff Stuart, for filling in when I didn't get workers to him fast enough and for volunteering to work course in the last session.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

The ports potties are easy to move around with the front of any old vehicle, well at least w/ my Previa
Ken Lord
Car#: 951

Post by Ken Lord »

Thanks everybody for helping out and being patient on SAturday as we figured out what to do with the afternoon.
Jeff and Theo did outstadning jobs with Gate and Workers. Everybody involved di a fantatic job.

I particularly want to thank all that make cleanup go so smoothly after the long Sunday event.

Doug and you team of course set up - Fantastic job on a course that was subject to massive changing conditions.

Finally a huge thanks to Rick Brown and Mike simanyi for getting me through my first event as Event Chief.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Thanks to PSCC for a great event. Conditions were less than ideal yesterday, but we still had fun (after thawing out for an hour in the car with the heat on full blast, if course). Today, was awesome! Doug, great course in both directions. We both had a blast, and I think Max is just about hooked. Which is good, because I need the tire warming. :lol:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

Thanks for a great course on Sunday.

Steve A.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

My hat's off to Ken and PSCC for dealing with difficult circumstances and making it work.

Also, I want to commend all those who stayed behind to help pick-up, especially Mark DeShon who owned the trailer making sure it was packed properly. Great job everyone.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Thanks to everyone involved. It was great to be back at El Toro, although on Saturday there was a lot of "what am I doing here?" comments. As bad as Saturday was, Sunday was MUCH better, albeit colder as the day progressed.

Ken, and those that were his officials: Good Job! Things seemed to work well under trying conditions.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

George Schilling wrote:My hat's off to Ken and PSCC for dealing with difficult circumstances and making it work.

Also, I want to commend all those who stayed behind to help pick-up, especially Mark DeShon who owned the trailer making sure it was packed properly. Great job everyone.
Former UPS truck stuffer, here. Leave it to the professionals. :D j/k Thanks to everyone who helped! Especially Stacy and Kencey Christopher for always being the first ones picking up cones. I saw Kencey carrying a stack that was bigger than she was, and when I offered to help she was like, 'No, I'm good.' haha.
Thanks to Ken, Doug, Jeff Stuart, Theo and the whole PSCC crew for pulling off a difficult event and keeping it fun. Also a big personal thanks to Eric Clements on master radio for being patient with all my wind related reruns and bad jokes during group three.
Mark D.
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Really liked the course Doug. Good job!
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Course was loads of Fun! Thanks PSCC & Doug & Ken and all who made it happen
Julian Manolov
Car#: 2

Post by Julian Manolov »

Ed Holley wrote:Sunday was MUCH better, albeit colder as the day progressed.
Not sure about much better since the first work group took 2+ hours of running time in freezing weather and water everywhere.
The course was lots of fun though! Great job! One of the best parts was crossing the river twice - one had to think quick about setting the car up for the few seconds of lack of grip in the corners after each crossing ... 8-)