Need New Set of Letters/Numbers

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Sean Fenstermacher
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 81

Need New Set of Letters/Numbers

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Can someone point me in the direction of a good (and local) source for a set of magnetic numbers/letters?
I will be switching classes from CST soon to CS RTR (buying a FR-S to go play in Street Tire Stock Class :D )
and creating "RTR" out of painter's tape every event doesn't seem like much fun...
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: Need New Set of Letters/Numbers

Post by George Schilling »

Sean Fenstermacher wrote:Can someone point me in the direction of a good (and local) source for a set of magnetic numbers/letters?
I will be switching classes from CST soon to CS RTR (buying a FR-S to go play in Street Tire Stock Class :D )
and creating "RTR" out of painter's tape every event doesn't seem like much fun...
Contact Jayson Woodruff
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

You realize that RTR locally is SK1 and 2
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

I'm out of town next week (starting Fri) and not getting anything done before that. So at best, I'll start looking at magnetic and vinyl again second week of July.

Thanks.

Jay W
Sean Fenstermacher

Thanks George! I will send him a PM.

Mako - Hmm...you bring up a good point. So I guess for LOCAL events I would need to buy "SK(x)" (Has it been decided on where this car classes locally?) AND "RTR" for National events? :?

RTR is not going to be used for local events? (confused...)

If anyone can chime in, I would appreciate it. I want to understand what I need to order before contacting Jason.
Thanks!

edit: I just read the 2012 Supplementary Regs. Looks like the car would be SK2 because it's classed in CS.
Last edited by Sean Fenstermacher on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Fenstermacher

Jayson Woodruff wrote:I'm out of town next week (starting Fri) and not getting anything done before that. So at best, I'll start looking at magnetic and vinyl again second week of July.

Thanks.

Jay W
Thanks Jay! I will contact you once I know what I need to order! Looks like it's gonna be a small stockpile of letters! LOL
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

While Jay is the main go to guy for us, if you need them for this weekend I can do them for you. Let me know. 949 two four four 59 32.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Sean Fenstermacher

Thanks Rick! I'll let you know. I wanted to have the new letters/numbers for the July 21st event.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Sean Fenstermacher wrote:Thanks George! I will send him a PM.

Mako - Hmm...you bring up a good point. So I guess for LOCAL events I would need to buy "SK(x)" (Has it been decided on where this car classes locally?) AND "RTR" for National events? :?

RTR is not going to be used for local events? (confused...)

If anyone can chime in, I would appreciate it. I want to understand what I need to order before contacting Jason.
Thanks!
RT are National classes bases on which wheels are driven, front, rear or all, and at this point are just to gauge interest. Our SK classes have been around for some time (San Diego uses them, too) and SK1 consists of SS, AS, BS, FS, SK2 consists of CS, DS, ES, GS, HS.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

If the RT classes are adopted as National classes by the SCCA, I would imagine that we will then switch to them ... but only at the beginning of the next season. Instead of SK1/2 we would have RTR, RTF and RTA ... Rear, Front and All-wheel drive Road Tire classes.
Sean Fenstermacher

I guess its new numbers/letters and painter's tape for "RTR/SK2" until things all get firmed up.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Sean Fenstermacher wrote:... and painter's tape for "RTR/SK2" until things all get firmed up...
Basic looking letters are cheap. It'll be worth the $10 not to have to use painters tape even for a couple events.

Jay W
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:I'm out of town next week (starting Fri) and not getting anything done before that. So at best, I'll start looking at magnetic and vinyl again second week of July.

Thanks.

Jay W
I shot you an email before reading this, No hurry, no worries. :thumbup: