Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Tetsu Fukui
Club: No$
Car#: 308

Re: RE: Aerial Video of Sept 23 Autocross

Post by Tetsu Fukui »

UpThere Video wrote:
Tetsu Fukui wrote:
UpThere Video wrote:So I guess I've got a dumb question. Has anyone watched the already posted video to see if they are already on it?

Here's the link. http://www.uptherevideo.com/sports.html#CSCCAX01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The next Group 3-5 vid is edited and ready to compile. Once it's uploaded I'll publish them on Youtube for those that prefer it.

I think I'm done for tonight though.
#308 here,
Watched it last night.
Saw that I was the first car featured :) Thanks for that!
Unfortunately my cp is too slow for hi-res and I'm unable to view it on my iPhone.
I'm not smartphone ready at the site, I will be putting both up on Youtube tonight because it can read your device and give you the right format.
I'll post those links in the morning.
Thanks! Be looking forward to them.
Have any more of #308? :p
UpThere Video

YouTubes are up and running

Post by UpThere Video »

Okay as promised... (note it's 3:33 am, I'm nothing if not dedicated). And the Channel is...

http://www.youtube.com/user/UpThereVideo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are the same videos as on the site, just more device and connection friendly.
http://www.UpThereVideo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Offering affordable, accessible mastcam aerial video for events, sports, concerts, and more!
Michael Sullivan
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 357

Post by Michael Sullivan »

any for #302?
Michael Sullivan
"The gas pedal isn't an on-and-off switch?!"
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Michael Sullivan wrote:any for #302?
Sorry, not this time. Rick Brown has offered the car n driver list for next month so I can do a better job of getting at least one for everyone.
Offering affordable, accessible mastcam aerial video for events, sports, concerts, and more!
UpThere Video

Re: RE: Aerial Video Update

Post by UpThere Video »

Update: I was hoping to have the individual runs ready yesterday. Unfortunately the rash on my arm that I thought was heat rash turned out to be the skin eating staph infection MRSA and the meds they gave me are really strong and put me down for most of yesterday. Seems my system is handling them better today. We will see how long I last. Tomorrow I'll be giving the BMW AutoX at the same parking lot a bash, and have to also prep for that. I think it may end up mid-week before I have the individual runs ready to view.

I did go through the Jr. GoKarts before the meds took me down and there are only three runs that are worth posting at all and I'm not even thrilled with those three. Two for 889 and one for 90. The karts are so small and the venue so large. I can zoom in to get a good look, but the miniscule movement of the panhead required for that much zoom doesn't seem possible. The primary reason I designed this system was to do and support youth sports, so this does not make me happy, but I think I have to say that I cannot do go-karts. When they are at the AutoX I'll keep trying, perhaps I'll find a way to work it out.
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

You need a pan head with proportional control!
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Will Kalman wrote:You need a pan head with proportional control!
Mine has pan speed control, but even at it's slowest, it's just not slow enough for karts which needed 500X-700X zoom to see the karts with any clarity on the far side of the track.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Be really careful with the MRSA. I love your work, we want you around healthy.

Part of battling any infection is maintaining your strength and rest, get yourself rundown and your body can't fight it. End of 2009, I battled a runaway staph infection that hit my bloodstream. For several days I was touch and go with multiple organ failure. The recovery wiped me out for a couple of months and required IV drugs for 6-7 weeks.

When I take ground level videos of the karts I zoom in on the close portions of the course, but I let the backside of the course go and just take a wide shot waiting for them to come closer.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Be really careful with the MRSA. I love your work, we want you around healthy.

Part of battling any infection is maintaining your strength and rest, get yourself rundown and your body can't fight it. End of 2009, I battled a runaway staph infection that hit my bloodstream. For several days I was touch and go with multiple organ failure. The recovery wiped me out for a couple of months and required IV drugs for 6-7 weeks.

When I take ground level videos of the karts I zoom in on the close portions of the course, but I let the backside of the course go and just take a wide shot waiting for them to come closer.
Yes, I'm re-thinking tomorrow. As much as I want to, it's going to be over 100 again and all day again,... I may whimp out.

I'll try that next time. BTW I consider both the vids on my site and the youtubes to be common creatives, so you or anyone can incorporate into your own vids. I do technical video; raw, rough cut, and very limited creativity. So if you or anyone wants more than exactly what you'd see and hear standing exactly where I set up, then grab some footage and add music or whatever.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

UpThere Video wrote:
Steve Ekstrand wrote:Be really careful with the MRSA. I love your work, we want you around healthy.

Yes, I'm re-thinking tomorrow. As much as I want to, it's going to be over 100 again and all day again,... I may whimp out.

I'll try that next time. BTW I consider both the vids on my site and the youtubes to be common creatives, so you or anyone can incorporate into your own vids, just leave the corner watermark in place. I do technical video; raw, rough cut, and very limited creativity. So if you or anyone wants more than exactly what you'd see and hear standing exactly where I set up, then grab some footage and add music or whatever.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

As I'm going through the video to get the individual runs set out, I notice I may have a mistaken car #. It's a small red car with a blue strip up the center. It is either a fancy #50 or is a skewed #511. It would be in Group 1. Does anyone know? I put it in the list as 50, but now I think maybe it's really 511.
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

UpThere Video wrote:As I'm going through the video to get the individual runs set out, I notice I may have a mistaken car #. It's a small red car with a blue strip up the center. It is either a fancy #50 or is a skewed #511. It would be in Group 1. Does anyone know? I put it in the list as 50, but now I think maybe it's really 511.
Sounds like me. #51/951. (your rallyx contact btw).

I have a 50 on the car, but cover the "0" with a "1" for this event.

Jay W
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Jayson Woodruff wrote: Sounds like me. #51/951. (your rallyx contact btw).

Jay W
Anyone else find it ironic that a guy that actually makes numbers for the region, has the one car with numbers that the Video person can't read? :lol:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
UpThere Video wrote:As I'm going through the video to get the individual runs set out, I notice I may have a mistaken car #. It's a small red car with a blue strip up the center. It is either a fancy #50 or is a skewed #511. It would be in Group 1. Does anyone know? I put it in the list as 50, but now I think maybe it's really 511.
Sounds like me. #51/951. (your rallyx contact btw).

Jay W
Okay, will do. And howdy again! We'll be meeting soon at the RallyX
Last edited by UpThere Video on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Max Hayter wrote:
Jayson Woodruff wrote: Sounds like me. #51/951. (your rallyx contact btw).

Jay W
Anyone else find it ironic that a guy that actually makes numbers for the region, has the one car with numbers that the Video person can't read? :lol:
Not exactly, it's just me being a tad lazy I guess. When I edit, I use a low video quality so the program moves along and so on. Your post encouraged me to open it an HD viewer, and it's clearly a 51. I was a hair late to his start so every moment of the run is in movement, and due to the low quality the editor preview (the editor is a great editor and that's evidenced by the already posted clips. Just thought I should assure everyone in case that remark is read wrong.) must be tracing the 1 making it look very odd.
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

UpThere Video wrote: Not exactly, it's just me being a tad lazy I guess. When I edit, I use a low video quality so the program moves along and so on. Your post encouraged me to open it an HD viewer, and it's clearly a 51. I was a hair late to his start so every moment of the run is in movement, and due to the low quality the editor preview (the editor is a great editor and that's evidenced by the already posted clips. Just thought I should assure everyone in case that remark is read wrong.) must be tracing the 1 making it look very odd.
Shhhhhh... don't make excuses for him. I was enjoying winding him up :mrgreen:

Great videos, btw. Thank you for your hard work.
~Max H.

#31 SSC
UpThere Video

Individual Runs are UP!

Post by UpThere Video »

For those who have requested it. The individual runs are loaded. This is a private page not presented in the regular menus so when you share with family and friends be sure to offer the full link.

http://www.UpThereVideo.com/CSCCAX01.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The runs are in number order. The rest should be self explanatory.

ENJOY!

PS: I've never offered such a page before so let me know what you like and/or don't like about it.
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

Do you have #31 STR - 3rd group?

Thanks,
~Max H.

#31 SSC
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Max Hayter wrote:Do you have #31 STR - 3rd group?

Thanks,
Nope, didn't catch your runs. Next time I'll be working with the organizers to better assure everyone gets at least one run.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

For a reminder of whose runs I caught please check these two links for your car #.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6812#p90370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6812#p90418" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But y'know, you can still go enjoy others' runs till next month when I should be able to get yours. Right?
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

UpThere Video wrote:For a reminder of whose runs I caught please check these two links for your car #.

But y'know, you can still go enjoy others' runs till next month when I should be able to get yours. Right?
""Next month" meaning 10 or 11 days (next event) or November?
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Ed Holley wrote:
UpThere Video wrote:For a reminder of whose runs I caught please check these two links for your car #.

""Next month" meaning 10 or 11 days (next event) or November?
Oops, that's right it's already October. Yes, I mean in 10-11 days, the 14th.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Found our car number (166) on the list but could not find the individual run. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to request it be posted? If the latter is the case, please post when you get a chance. Thanks for your efforts.

George
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

George Schilling wrote:Found our car number (166) on the list but could not find the individual run. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to request it be posted? If the latter is the case, please post when you get a chance. Thanks for your efforts.

George
I'm only putting up runs that are requested. I'll get yours with the others who've requested today. Should be up sometime tomorrow.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

UpThere Video wrote:
George Schilling wrote:Found our car number (166) on the list but could not find the individual run. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to request it be posted? If the latter is the case, please post when you get a chance. Thanks for your efforts.

George
I'm only putting up runs that are requested. I'll get yours with the others who've requested today. Should be up sometime tomorrow.
Thank you!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head