WOW.....Thanks to all for a wonderful finale!

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

WOW.....Thanks to all for a wonderful finale!

Post by George Schilling »

Just a note of thanks to Bob Beamisderfer for a fantastic job of running the last event of the year. From my perspective, everything was done in a smooth and professional manner. Great job Bob!

Also, hats off to Mark DeShon. WOW.....what course! Not only was this course fun, but the scores would indicate that this was the most balanced course of the year. What a way to finish it off. Great job!

Also, a big thanks to the other volunteers who took chief positions and those of you who helped above and beyond the norm.

Thanks for a great event guys and gals!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: WOW.....Thanks to all for a wonderful finale!

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Great Season & Weekend! Thank YOU George for YOUR almost constant involvement in making our events better and better! Especially hanging in there THIS weekend ... :thumbup:
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Yeah I want to thank Mark for the course design, it was a fantastic course, I don't think I've ever been on the edge of traction for so long.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Great course Mark! Lets have him do all the courses from now on.
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Thanks, George!

Mark DeShon and Jeff Stuart deserve a lot of thanks for for working all three days to set-up and changeover the course.

Also pitching in above and beyond were Seb Rios, David Webb, Jon Hartendorp, Tim Aing and several others whose names I can't recall. I'm bit tired after all that.
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote: Also pitching in ... several others whose names I can't recall...
Agreed. Thanks Bob and Lisa for organizing this wonderful madness. This was honestly the most rewarding weekend that I can remember at the track!
Huge thanks to Jeff Stuart, who was my right hand man all weekend long, and never offered a single complaint. He also worked I think three sessions on course on Saturday. Thank you Tom Berry for helping me fine tune the course when I was feeling lost. Big thanks also to Terry Adams, Matt (sorry, didn't get your last name), Christine Grice, Bob B. and anyone else who I forgot for helping us get the course up in record time on Friday morning. We went from trailer closed to fully operational within 2-1/2 hours! Terry and Matt also helped with the changeovers.
But I think Jonathan Hartendorp deserves a big cake with a woman inside for his performance this weekend! He took over one of the most thankless jobs in autocross (worker chief) at the last minute when no one else stepped up. He also worked registration in the mornings. On Saturday, I saw him working the clocks and directing the grid, all while sending workers to their stations, running water out to those workers, and even working course himself in his "spare time"! After all that, he eagerly volunteered to stay with me until dark to help with the Sunday changeover. My hat is off to you, Jonathan. You probably need a two month break after this weekend! :thumbup:
And on a personal note, thanks to Theresa Berry and the whole Berry family for their hospitality and feeding me so well all weekend! MMMM... Turkey.
Mark D.
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

Thanks for a great weekend to all involved. I also want to thank Mark and company changing the back section Friday, so I wouldn't break my car in half over those bumps.

Steve A.
Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 513

Post by Jonathan Hartendorp »

^Thanks for the Kudos Mark! Please let me know when I can pickup that lady in the cake ;)

And yes, it was a busy 3 days of autocross and I was burnt out at the end of it BUT I still had fun nonetheless, had a grin on my face after all. :thumbup:

All in all, I think everyone pulled together to make the 3 days work and I thank all of you for a fun 2012 autocross season, looking forward to the 2013 season already! :mrgreen: