Re: Street

Post by David Barrish »

ginger= red headed step child.
Julian Manolov
Club: CASOC
Car#: 2

Post by Julian Manolov »

Mako Koiwai wrote:There are some very nice, albeit not cheap, super charging kits out there ... to take your NA to the next level. :D
If he is afraid of NB Miatas "invading" ES, he would be running screaming away from SSM (where supercharged Miata go).
SSM is a $$$$$$ class (if building a competetive car)
The supercharger is one of the cheap mods.
Beyond the subframes/chassis mounting points, suspension is pretty much free ... you can replace arms, design your own geometry, everything ...
Brakes are free ... yup, the entire system. You can install a $12000 Bosch Motorsport ABS unit if you want, etc. (Only mandatory thing is to keep some sort of a working parking brake :lol:)
Steering (outside of the cockpit) is free ... you can use any rack, any steering geometry
Engine is free (only mandatory thing is the block to be sourced from the same car company, you can still alter it in any way you want though). I guess you can design and cast your own engine head if you want ...
You can relocate any engine accessory if you want too - e.g. you can mount the radiator at the back of the car if you decide so
Drivetrain is free ... any gearbox (you can install a $50000 sequential Maktrak if you want), any differential, ...
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Julian Manolov wrote:If he is afraid of NB Miatas "invading" ES...)
Ya, that's me..."afraid". Perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned I wasn't running ES anymore. Haven't all year. I'm converting a Predator into an A-Mod. Now THAT"S expensive. I had to take out a 2nd on the house just for the Hellfires...and that only got me two. }:)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata