NO WORK, Charity Practice, Jun 8-9 AAA "Inside the Oval"

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: NO WORK, Charity Practice, Jun 8-9 AAA "Inside the Oval"

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Darn, didn't know about the Ability First aspect - would have enjoyed that aspect
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

I want to thank everyone who came out this weekend. Its really cool to have a change of pace and run a simple event. The AbilityFirst guys had a great time, this year even some of the staff got in on the action. I'll post up some pictures and videos as I get them and permissions.

Sunday was fun as well. Several walk ups brought Sunday's crowd about even with Saturday's. We took all the Fullerton FSAE workers for several rides. We should really spread around some work to all the local FSAE programs. Besides helping the local kids, I see some future AutoXers in that crowd.

Big thanks to my helpers, Nic Sanchez, the Rios-es, Michael & Sharon, Gayle and everyone else who came to support. And I appreciate everyone who volenteered to give rides to the AbilityFirst participants.

I haven't done the accounting yet, but I believe we raised just about 4digits for the ability first program and $700ish for the Fullerton FSAE group.

Thanks everyone.

Jay W
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Hey Jay,

As a participant, I wanted to say thank you for hosting a great event. As a beginner, the opportunity to make run after run after run was very helpful. Great group of people and a fun time for all.

Also a big thank you to the guy who did tech (at least I think he was the same guy) who helped me with my brake issue. After lunch I was pulling out to make a few runs and there was a horrible grinding from my right rear brakes. I figured I was done for the day and packed it up....but as I started to leave, the grinding continued so I thought I should get some other opinions before I drove home on it. I drove by, asked for help and he jumped right in. The symptoms lead to the his diagnosis that it was probably a rock or something caught in there (not the brakes wearing or something like that). I took his advice and headed over to an empty end of the lot and worked the brakes out a bit, and the problem went away. Again, I was a happy camper and I unloaded the car again. His help allowed me to get in another 8-10 runs in. Very much appreciated, thanks! :thumbup:

The line was short and we ran quite a bit...I had no time to take pictures, so I'm looking forward to any that anybody can share!
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

That'd be Nic Sanchez.
Also a big thank you to the guy who did tech (at least I think he was the same guy) who helped me with my brake issue