CASOC Event Weekend - May 3-4 @Autoclub Speedway

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

CASOC Event Weekend - May 3-4 @Autoclub Speedway

Post by George Schilling »

Here's the link for the CASOC Practice and Autocross Sunday #5 hosted by CASOC. Sign-up early and often!

http://solo2.motorsportreg.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Re: CASOC Event Weekend - May 3-4 @Autoclub Speedway

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

Looks like you still need tech/worker chief. I am willing to do either if you need it.
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

George Schilling wrote:Sign-up early and often!
I get the early, but often? It's just a Practice & Championship, it's not like were voting. }:)
George Schilling
Club Representative

Craig Naylor wrote:
George Schilling wrote:Sign-up early and often!
I get the early, but often? It's just a Practice & Championship, it's not like were voting. }:)
True that Craig! :lol:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Updated with Run Order for Sunday.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative

Rick Brown wrote:Updated with Run Order for Sunday.
Thank you Rick!
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

i get an error something to the effect of registration group... I have tried selecting regular or other but i still cant register..
Bill Schenker
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Anthony Porta wrote:i get an error something to the effect of registration group... I have tried selecting regular or other but i still cant register..
I think the problem is the software knows intuitively that you should be registering only for PAX class from now on... :mrgreen:
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Anthony Porta wrote:i get an error something to the effect of registration group... I have tried selecting regular or other but i still cant register..
Don't see anything obviously wrong, except that Firefox initially warned me that the site was untrusted which has never happened before. We don't use the groups feature.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

Bill Schenker wrote:
I think the problem is the software knows intuitively that you should be registering only for PAX class from now on... :mrgreen:
Only if I get to drive that PAX prepped miata of yours. jeez I miss that turn-in..... :roll:
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

Rick Brown wrote:
Don't see anything obviously wrong, except that Firefox initially warned me that the site was untrusted which has never happened before. We don't use the groups feature.[/quote
Please try to add me on the back end and youll either see the error or successfully register me. I have tried two computers and two different browsers... Nojoy
George Schilling
Club Representative

Anthony Porta wrote: Please try to add me on the back end and youll either see the error or successfully register me. I have tried two computers and two different browsers... Nojoy
Anthony, you didn't make it clear what you were trying to register for. I registered you for the practice. I can do the same for Autocross Sunday, but need to know what car and class, etc.
Anthony P.

Post by Anthony P. »

sorry george. you are correct. I was able to register for saturday but not sunday. I need your help with sunday in SP combined in the BSP mazdaspeed. #330.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Anthony Porta wrote:sorry george. you are correct. I was able to register for saturday but not sunday. I need your help with sunday in SP combined in the BSP mazdaspeed. #330.
Done. Were you using Chrome as your browser?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Motorsportsreg is reporting a problem with Google Chrome after their latest update. Please try another browser if you are having trouble registering
Michael Sullivan
Car#: 357

Post by Michael Sullivan »

George,

Can you check to make sure I am signed up for the practice.

Thanks
Michael Sullivan
"The gas pedal isn't an on-and-off switch?!"
George Schilling
Club Representative

Michael Sullivan wrote:George,

Can you check to make sure I am signed up for the practice.

Thanks
Yes you are! :thumbup:
Michael Sullivan
Car#: 357

Post by Michael Sullivan »

Thanks
Michael Sullivan
"The gas pedal isn't an on-and-off switch?!"
George Schilling
Club Representative

A few spots remain for Saturday's practice @ AAA Speedway. Don't miss out......get signed up now! Here's the link.

While you're at it, don't forget to sign up for Autocross Sunday. It's this weekend!

Save yourself some money and sign up now! Here's the link.
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

I don't think I can use my event code as I already signed up....
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
George Schilling
Club Representative

Adam Tarnoff wrote:I don't think I can use my event code as I already signed up....
I already adjusted it Adam and gave you the chief's discount.

FYI, what Adam was referring to was his discount code for the event. Those who volunteer for chief positions not only get a discount into the event, but usually get "run anytime" stickers allowing them to run anytime they want. This will only be Adam's 4th or 5th event and he has already volunteered on several occasions.

Thank you Adam for getting involved!
George Schilling
Club Representative

A few spots still remain for Saturday's practice @ AAA Speedway. Don't miss out......get signed up now! Here's the link.

While you're at it, don't forget to sign up for Autocross Sunday. It's this weekend!

Save yourself some money and sign up now! Here's the link.

Walk-ups will be welcome both days.
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

George, I won't be able to make the event. How do I go about getting a refund?

James
George Schilling
Club Representative

Despite 95 degree temps, looked like every had a good time. Everyone who wanted them got 16 runs. The "Arrive & Drive" were seeing up to 20. Fast course with two slalom sections and some really fun sweepers. This course if fun. If your on the fence about coming because of the heat, this course is worth it if you like to go fast. It's suppose to be cooler tomorrow, and with the breeze, it's not all that bad. I was expecting it to be worse.

Great to see some friends we haven't seen for a while, Tim and Diana, John Fendel, Rita and Brian. Good to see you guys. It was also great to meet the many novices who joined us.

Kudo's and thank you go to all the chiefs for doing a great job all day. Special thanks to course designer Christine Grice and her crew and setting up course on Friday during the hottest day of the week. Adam Tarnoff, Jessica Pao, Stanley Kawoski, KJ Christopher, Gail Jardine, Rick Brown, Leonard Cachola.........GREAT JOB ALL OF YOU! I hope I didn't forget anyone. I'm sorry if I did. Please chime in and make the correction.

Lastly, thank you all who joined-in the CASOC Hosts a Practice Event. Of course, without your participation and help, these great events would not be possible. So thank you again for coming.

See you tomorrow

George Schilling
Event Master
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Despite the heat, we had a great time. The only thing better than Saturday was today. We loved the course. Christine, you are to be commended. What a fun and FAST course. And, personally, Sunday's always seem to be better when the course is reversed. And for the Event Master to call an audible "morning fun runs" made it even better. Great job to everyone involved!
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata