General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Re: El Toro

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Mako Koiwai wrote:... our Dome
Hmm... The Tire Rack Dome. Has a nice ring to it.

Jay W
Julian Manolov
Club: CASOC
Car#: 2

Post by Julian Manolov »

What about Hollywood Park? Why did we stop using it?
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Julian Manolov wrote:What about Hollywood Park? Why did we stop using it?
They said they weren't going to run any more autoxes. Then a while later we ran some more. A lot of other groups continue to run there.

It's pavement was pretty bad when we left, I'm sure it hasn't gotten any better. But in my opinion the biggest benifit of Hollywood park was it was very visable from a busy street. That brought us LOTS of new blood.

Jay W
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:But in my opinion the biggest benifit of Hollywood park was it was very visable from a busy street. That brought us LOTS of new Bloods
Fixed that for ya.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Jayson Woodruff wrote:But in my opinion the biggest benifit of Hollywood park was it was very visable from a busy street. That brought us LOTS of new Bloods
Fixed that for ya.
The biggest thrill of Hollywood park was going to the local Taco Bell and ordering food through bullet proof glass. I am still not sure if we were being protected from the employees or they were being protected from customers?
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
John Fendel
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

I received the following information in Supervisor Pat Bates, of the fifth district, report today with the attachments:

Quitclaim Deed from City of Irvine

In March 2003, the Board approved a Property Tax Transfer and Pre-Annexation Agreement between the City of Irvine, Irvine Redevelopment Agency, and County of Orange for the annexation and re-use of the former Marine Corps Air Station, El Toro. The pre-annexation agreement includes, among other things, that the City provide the County with 100 contiguous acres in the southwest corner of the Base.

At Tuesday’s meeting, the Board approved and accepted the Quitclaim Deed from the City of Irvine that will transfer ownership of 60 acres, consisting of three separate parcels that are part of the 100 contiguous acres the County is to receive in accordance with the Pre-Annexation Agreement and re-use of the former Marine Corps Air Station El Toro Base.

The County is currently reviewing potential re-uses for this property, with the expectation of moving forward with the development process later this year. For more information and to view the location of the 60 acres, please click here.

I would have added the quit claim deed, but 650k is apparently to big a file. If you want a PDF copy, email me separately and I will attach it and send it back to you.
If the county moves ahead on this according to the stated schedule for later this year, we will have to take a different route to get to the event site next year.
Attachments
O00211-001790E.pdf
Parcel Map
(355.02 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
17-02282012.pdf
Board Meeting Contiuation Memo
(17.16 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

Interesting. The Southwest corner of the base is where some of the worst ground pollution is: those ramps outside the buildings we drive around on our way in is where the aircraft were solvent-washed to remove exhaust and oil residue, and most of it was just allowed to run off into the ground. There is a big contamination plume running out towards (and under) the freeway interchange from there.
John Fendel
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

More activity on the land in the Southwest corner of the air base. The attached article was in the Saturday issue of the OC Register.
Attachments
Wild Rivers.pdf
(33.31 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil