GT Academy Airing Nov. 1st

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Re: GT Academy Airing Nov. 1st

Post by Ed Holley »

Watched it last night. Cool bio on Jeff in Santa Barbara. Although his residence seems spartan, it has the necessities....chair, couch, steering wheel, foot pedals, console. :lol:

As for "GT", it looks like he's back in the hunt after 5 episodes. Is there only 1 more?
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Episode 5 now available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeBcMGi4bU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's only one more episode, next week at 11:30 on Spike. It will be a special hour long episode.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: GT Academy Airing Dec. 6th

Post by Rick Brown »

Jeff Stuart wrote:Episode 5 now available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeBcMGi4bU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's only one more episode, next week at 11:30 on Spike. It will be a special hour long episode.
Thanks for the reminder, my TiVo was only set to record a half hour. That would have been rather disappointing!
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Jeff Stuart wrote:Episode 5 now available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeBcMGi4bU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's only one more episode, THIS week at 8:30 and 11:30 on Spike. It will be a special hour long episode.
Fixed it for ya! ;)
2001 NB Miata
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Well, tonight was the end of the line for our own Jeff Stuart and the four other finalists.

Jeff, you did a great job and made us proud. Of the five finalists, two were autoxer's which just goes to show how well autox prepares a driver who has greater aspirations.

It was a fun ride Jeff. Thanks for the memories. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

George Schilling wrote:Well, tonight was the end of the line for our own Jeff Stuart and the four other finalists.

Jeff, you did a great job and made us proud. Of the five finalists, two were autoxer's which just goes to show how well autox prepares a driver who has greater aspirations.

It was a fun ride Jeff. Thanks for the memories. :thumbup:
Ditto!! We watched all the episodes and thoroughly enjoyed knowing that one of our own aliens was a finalist. Jeff: When your ride along instructor last night scolded you to "look ahead", and said it at least twice, I almost fell out of my chair. And after the first run last night, when you guys were told to line up for the next event, and there were five of you with only four cars, I was sure you were toast.

So...I'm sure many of us would be interested in knowing what happened, what was going on during the 10-lapper that caused you to fall behind. I actually expected you to kick their asses. Particularly in light of having had the fastest lap in Episode 1. Having road raced before, I know that things don't always go as planned, fast lap or not.

Regardless of how it turned out, this HAD to be an experience of a lifetime. And if I heard right, 4th out of 400,000 ain't bad. You're a winner in our book for sure.
2001 NB Miata
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

I had to get up a 5am today, so I just watched the finale on DVR. Way to represent Jeff, you looked good out there.

Jay W
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Personally, I call foul on Jeff's car's performance in the last race. :? :cry: