10/6 Santa Anita Videos

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Rick Brown, Christine Grice

Post Reply
User avatar
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Anthony P. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:35 am


User avatar
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Contact:

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Ed T » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 am

Amazing drive!
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

User avatar
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Posts: 2456
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Mike Simanyi » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Nice!

How often do you drive courses that don't require shifting after the start? I haven't watched any CM videos before, but I guess I imagined a lot of shifting involved...

User avatar
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Anthony P. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Mike Simanyi wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:57 pm
Nice!

How often do you drive courses that don't require shifting after the start? I haven't watched any CM videos before, but I guess I imagined a lot of shifting involved...
Believe or not, there isn't much usually. Maybe the occasional 3rd

Earl Merz
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:24 am
Club: No$
Car#: 40
Location: High Dessert

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Earl Merz » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 pm

where can I get a CM car that I'd be able to drive?
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE with Nav (need it to find my way around the course)

User avatar
Reed Gibson
Executive Board Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Club: SCNAX

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Reed Gibson » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:05 pm

Earl Merz wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 pm
where can I get a CM car that I'd be able to drive?
With a Sawzall and some JB Weld anything is possible...

User avatar
Reed Gibson
Executive Board Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Club: SCNAX

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Reed Gibson » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm



Looks like I had the right idea with my line choices but I couldn't get the car to keep rotating mid-corner. I think these tires are dying of death after only ~70 runs #streetclasslife

User avatar
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Anthony P. » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Reed Gibson wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Looks like I had the right idea with my line choices but I couldn't get the car to keep rotating mid-corner. I think these tires are dying of death after only ~70 runs #streetclasslife
Yup, Most people weren't backsiding the first slalom cone, taking too much distance on the 180's and not giving up enough speed on the 180 before the finish right.

User avatar
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Contact:

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Ed T » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 pm

Reed Gibson wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Looks like I had the right idea with my line choices but I couldn't get the car to keep rotating mid-corner. I think these tires are dying of death after only ~70 runs #streetclasslife
Our BFG "hoosiers" did every single local and regional event since March of this year :thumbup:
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

User avatar
Reed Gibson
Executive Board Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Club: SCNAX

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Reed Gibson » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:49 am

Ed T wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 pm
Reed Gibson wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Looks like I had the right idea with my line choices but I couldn't get the car to keep rotating mid-corner. I think these tires are dying of death after only ~70 runs #streetclasslife
Our BFG "hoosiers" did every single local and regional event since March of this year :thumbup:
But did they have to put up with all the furious HS torques?

User avatar
Reed Gibson
Executive Board Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Club: SCNAX

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Reed Gibson » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:52 am

Anthony P. wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:22 pm
Reed Gibson wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Looks like I had the right idea with my line choices but I couldn't get the car to keep rotating mid-corner. I think these tires are dying of death after only ~70 runs #streetclasslife
Yup, Most people weren't backsiding the first slalom cone, taking too much distance on the 180's and not giving up enough speed on the 180 before the finish right.
I probably could've backsided that first slalom better but I felt like I got into a clean rhythm quickly afterwards that helped me get out of the slalom into the tricky sweeper afterwards. Setting up before the offsets in the back stretch really seemed to pay off as it was just flat out if you made it through the double-cone gate clean.

User avatar
Pete Loney
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777
Location: Torrance

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Pete Loney » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 am

A taste of the ever so powerful ESreet :)
1st in class, 2nd in PAX, I am pretty sure, awaiting results.

2020 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary 3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM

User avatar
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1209
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Anthony P. » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:48 am

Nice run pete, where do you mount your camera?

User avatar
Pete Loney
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777
Location: Torrance

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Pete Loney » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Anthony P. wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:48 am
Nice run pete, where do you mount your camera?
Between Back edge of door and the door handle.
2020 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary 3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM

User avatar
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397
Location: Out to lunch

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Sebastian Rios » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Reed Gibson wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm


Looks like I had the right idea with my line choices but I couldn't get the car to keep rotating mid-corner. I think these tires are dying of death after only ~70 runs #streetclasslife
This week on Autocrossers Gone Bad...After getting an early season taste, Reed Gibson spends the remainder of the season mitigating understeer chasing the calculator win dragon.

User avatar
Reed Gibson
Executive Board Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Club: SCNAX

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Reed Gibson » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:04 pm

Sebastian Rios wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:17 pm
Reed Gibson wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:11 pm


Looks like I had the right idea with my line choices but I couldn't get the car to keep rotating mid-corner. I think these tires are dying of death after only ~70 runs #streetclasslife
This week on Autocrossers Gone Bad...After getting an early season taste, Reed Gibson spends the remainder of the season mitigating understeer chasing the calculator win dragon.
I swear I'll get clean after next year ... I really mean it this time!

User avatar
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Contact:

Re: 10/6 Santa Anita Videos

Post by Ed T » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:06 pm

Here's my run on 200 run tires :P

ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Post Reply