Just moved to California, and I want to get into autocross

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Nick Crouse

Just moved to California, and I want to get into autocross

Post by Nick Crouse »

Hi, I just moved to California for school. I recently tried out the BMW ultimate driving experience and now I want to get into autocross. I never really used forums before and have no idea where to get started. My main question is cost. How much is the required safety gear and participating. Other than that, how do I get started
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Just moved to California, and I want to get into autocross

Post by Rick Brown »

JurassicAss wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:20 pm Hi, I just moved to California for school. I recently tried out the BMW ultimate driving experience and now I want to get into autocross. I never really used forums before and have no idea where to get started. My main question is cost. How much is the required safety gear and participating. Other than that, how do I get started
Welcome to Cal Club Autocross!

As to cost, entry fees are typically $55 for Championship days (usually on Sunday) and $90 for practice days (usually on Saturday, but with limited entries). Championship days are the competition event, you compete in the class your car goes in with 4 runs to get your best time. There is a Novice class which includes a guided course walk and instructors available. The only required safety equipment is a helmet, but some loaners are available if you don't have one. Easiest way to get started is just show up, if you are not ready to enter the event, you can learn how things work and get rides with people to see what it's like. No charge.

Tell us about your car and we can tell you what prep may be necessary. Details, and more info about you need to do, for our upcoming event on December 16-17 can be found here msreg.com/CalClubDec2023 Also, go to our Facebook page for more active conversations, https://www.facebook.com/calclubsolo/

Note: we prefer people use real names in our forums, nothing to hide here and our primary contact is face to face at events.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Nick Crouse

Post by Nick Crouse »

Hi thanks so much for the response, I just got a part time job so I'm going to hold off on participating immediately. I'm super glad you guys allow ride along, I'm going to give that a try first cause the price is a little steep for me right now at least.

About my car; Its a 2010 Subaru Impreza hatch. Its got an upgraded set of wheels and tires. An running five8Industries SS Sport coil overs. I will be joining the facebook group.

Regarding the username, I thought it was for login only I thought I would set my display name later. If you could guide me on changing it that would be great.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

What do you want to update your username to be? I can take care of it.
Nick Crouse

Post by Nick Crouse »

You can just make it my name, Nick or Nicholas
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Last name?
Nick Crouse