Practice Runs

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Aaron McKinnon
Car#: 0

Practice Runs

Post by Aaron McKinnon »

How do the practice runs on the day before an event work? Is the track the same configuration the next day? Do you get more runs for the money? Is it 'un-cool' to just do the practice event and not the race?

School me please.

:)

Thanks.

-Aaron
1974 2.0 Porsche 914
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: Practice Runs

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Aaron McKinnon wrote:How do the practice runs on the day before an event work? Is the track the same configuration the next day? Do you get more runs for the money? Is it 'un-cool' to just do the practice event and not the race?

School me please.
You get 12 or more runs usually at a practice. It's usually the same course as Sunday but in reverse with minor changes to the start and finish.

yes, it's usualy 'un-cool' to do just the practice :lol:. Practices are practices or Test Days for the Championships. Though at this time of year it's not as big an issue. Most of the Regional championships are sown up and the National events have been done for 3 months. Come the start of the year all the National and Regional competitors will start using the practices again and it'll be hard to get into them. If someone does get into one and doesn't do the Championship they very likely took a spot from someone who would have.
Aaron McKinnon

Post by Aaron McKinnon »

Thanks for the schooling!
1974 2.0 Porsche 914
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Aaron, just wanted to clarify in case it was unclear from Aaron's post that it doesn't look like this practice will fill up with regulars so your entry would be welcome. Get your check in ASAP for a better chance at a spot. That said, we'd like to see you both days. I don't know if you have been to a championship before, but it is much more exciting competing with similar cars in your class. For a championship, you are guaranteed entry.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Aaron, George is spot on. We have openings for the practice right now so send in your entry and join us. It's a great time to see if you like the adrenaline rush, the people, etc. and it may well help you decide if you want to jump in with both feet for '09.

Mike
Aaron McKinnon

Post by Aaron McKinnon »

Thanks. I'll definitely be at the event on Sunday, just not so sure about the practice, so I can't fork out the money without being sure. Man... would I love all those extra runs!
1974 2.0 Porsche 914
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Aaron McKinnon wrote:Thanks. I'll definitely be at the event on Sunday, just not so sure about the practice, so I can't fork out the money without being sure. Man... would I love all those extra runs!
Aaron, if you send in a check for Saturday and do not make it into the practice, your check will not be cashed.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head