Sport Compact Mag - Jan. - SCCA Results and Autocross articl

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Reijo Silvennoinen
Club: CASOC
Car#: 60

Sport Compact Mag - Jan. - SCCA Results and Autocross articl

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

SCCA Nationals results listed in the mag ....and, of course, we know a few people in there ;) ....missed the Mod classes tho'.

Also a run-down on autocross and what it is about in the mag.....might be one of the last ones (mag going broke I thot I heard???? Or was that one of the other newer tuner mags???).

The photos from the article are from one of the LA events in Fontana/California Speedway (now AMA Speedway) - also the background photo from the Nats results is actually Fontana when setting up the course early in the morning.

Did someone post this in another article in here? I couldn't find it in any case.

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Re: Sport Compact Mag - Jan. - SCCA Results and Autocross articl

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

SourceInterlink, publisher of Sport Compact Car, announced last month it was ceasing publication. Cut 115 jobs as a result.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Repost ... here, with photo:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1095
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:SourceInterlink, publisher of Sport Compact Car, announced last month it was ceasing publication. Cut 115 jobs as a result.
Except the 115 job part was made up by autoblog, and not true. One of the names on the list they posted is a co-worker of mine who never worked on SCC. :(
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:SourceInterlink, publisher of Sport Compact Car, announced last month it was ceasing publication. Cut 115 jobs as a result.
Except the 115 job part was made up by autoblog, and not true. One of the names on the list they posted is a co-worker of mine who never worked on SCC. :(
Autoblog, where accuracy is an afterthought. :roll:

There certainly weren't 115 people working on the magazine. More like 15.
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Autoblog, where accuracy is an afterthought. :roll:

There certainly weren't 115 people working on the magazine. More like 15.
Article has been corrected with the following clause after I sent them a very "stern" email: "The following list was obtained from SportCompactCarWeb.com which lists all the people that made Sport Compact Car magazine possible over the years. This is not (repeat: not) a list of people that were laid off from the magazine."

:lol:

Some of my friends who didn't even work there were listed and they certainly did not appreciate the public statement that they had been laid off from their supposed jobs.
~Lily