2009 FSAE California - Volunteers Needed!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Marcus Russell
Car#: 280

Re: 2009 FSAE California - Volunteers Needed!

Post by Marcus Russell »

sign me up for Saturday... I'm down for the get down
This 280 ain't no old lady
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Thanks Marcus!

Make sure that you email Karen Stewart to get your name on the volunteer Pre-registration list.

I don't know about everyone else, but I got a informational email from Karen Stewart ragarding some details for the day of the event. If you thought that you were pre-registered and didn't get that email make sure to contact Karen and I so that we can double check that you are on the list!

And for those of you who are new to this thread/event... Anyone can register, no autocross experience is really needed since we can teach you everything you need to know about working course and we will have experienced members working radio at every corner station. Don't forget that when you volunteer you get a free shirt, lunch, and Practice (sun 6/21)! And one more thing, If you can only make it out for one day, that is A-OK!

I know I sound like a broken record here... Don't froget to email Karen Stewart! formulasaewest@gmail.com
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Daniel Tenenbaum
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 410

Post by Daniel Tenenbaum »

Bump.

Come on CalClub drivers it appears that we are kinda short on helping hands for this event.
It looks like an excellent event and an excellent cause to volunteer some of your time to.
I have never worked an FSAE event, but I look forward to helping were I can.

*The free Sunday Practice is truly an added bonus :thumbup:

Email Sent.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Karen Stewart spent a lot of the day on Sunday at the GRA event sitting at the registration table with fliers and sign-up sheets. Thanks Karen! If you did not get a chance to talk to Karen It's definatly not too late to volunteer! email her at formulasaewest@gmail.com

:gpower: :gpower: :gpower:

Don't forget: Free t-shirt, free lunch and a free Practice!
Volunteer for Friday or Saturday or Both days!
New to the sport? Don't worry about it, we will have experienced workers to guide you.

The teams are starting to get their cars rolling and working on final finishing touches:

Auburn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwJ10h_Sg9I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colorado State: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68pZGWwGqzs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CSUN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k77JnG3XVuE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Christine Berry wrote:Karen Stewart spent a lot of the day on Sunday at the GRA event sitting at the registration table with fliers and sign-up sheets. Thanks Karen! If you did not get a chance to talk to Karen It's definatly not too late to volunteer! email her at formulasaewest@gmail.com

:gpower: :gpower: :gpower:

Don't forget: Free t-shirt, free lunch and a free Practice!
Volunteer for Friday or Saturday or Both days!
New to the sport? Don't worry about it, we will have experienced workers to guide you.

The teams are starting to get their cars rolling and working on final finishing touches:

Auburn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwJ10h_Sg9I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colorado State: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68pZGWwGqzs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CSUN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k77JnG3XVuE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Awwwwm if i'd known that was her i woulda talked to her.. It looked like a cal poly fund raising table. haha.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Karen is a very sweet lady, but it appears the subtle approach isn't working. Maybe we could employ an energetic bouncer type to drag people over to Karen's table and have him hold them in a headlock until they listen to the pitch and agree to volunteer. I'd be wiling to bet that as much as we've written about this, and as many times as it was promoted on the loudspeaker, there are still people that don't know how rewarding the experience is and about the free practice on the infield course.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Steve Glusman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 424

Post by Steve Glusman »

I'm in for Saturday and twisted my son's arm to come and work too....

Trying to get off Friday as well......it was a blast last year!

With SD region rescheduling their events, I'm even looking forward to free practice with my son [will be his 1st time out!!]

So who is going to teach him to autoX his 96 Maxima SE with 5 spd. ??

:roll:
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Steve Glusman wrote:I'm in for Saturday and twisted my son's arm to come and work too....

With SD region rescheduling their events, I'm even looking forward to free practice with my son [will be his 1st time out!!]

Oddly enough, our beater is a 96 Maxima SE with a 5 speed, a pretty rare car. I'd be happy to help him.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

George Schilling wrote:
Steve Glusman wrote:I'm in for Saturday and twisted my son's arm to come and work too....

Oddly enough, our beater is a 96 Maxima SE with a 5 speed, a pretty rare car. I'd be happy to help him.
Yeah, I had a 99 SE 5 spd. I'd be happy to help too.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Karen and I are going to sign up ...
Last edited by Mako Koiwai on Wed May 06, 2009 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Anyone spending the night up there? I may need a roommate
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Jamie Lessie wrote:Anyone spending the night up there? I may need a roommate
Female only!
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Steve Glusman wrote: With SD region rescheduling their events, I'm even looking forward to free practice with my son [will be his 1st time out!!]
Unfortunately, SD's reschedule now has their Practice/Champ conflicting with our Practice/Champ. :(
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

George Schilling wrote:

These things must not be too rare... I had a 96 Maxima SE with a 5 speed a few years ago... It was a neat car!
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Tom Berry wrote:These things must not be too rare... I had a 96 Maxima SE with a 5 speed a few years ago... It was a neat car!
Maybe us four were the only ones who owned them ;)

You're right, it was a fun car. I wish I was autocrossing while I owned it, cuz I would've liked to see how it ran.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Zak Gutmann

Post by Zak Gutmann »

I've been to the last three years. It's a great time and a great way to give back to our sport. Unfortunately, this year I won't be able to attend as I have classes on Saturdays now. :cry:
John Fendel
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

I will be going out to Calif Speedway on Thursday, 6/18, at noon to layout the autocross/endurance course. I could use 2 or 3 people to help set it up. Who is available and would like to help? You can post here or PM me directly.
Thanks
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

John Fendel wrote:I will be going out to Calif Speedway on Thursday, 6/18, at noon to layout the autocross/endurance course. I could use 2 or 3 people to help set it up. Who is available and would like to help? You can post here or PM me directly.
Thanks
I'll probably be able to help ya john.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

If I'm not working I'll try to make it.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

John Fendel wrote:I will be going out to Calif Speedway on Thursday, 6/18, at noon to layout the autocross/endurance course. I could use 2 or 3 people to help set it up. Who is available and would like to help? You can post here or PM me directly.
Thanks
Unfortunately my flexible workday is generally Friday.
==============
Steven Torres
Car#: 0

Post by Steven Torres »

Hi, I am very interested in this event. I work friday til 3:00pm in Orange County. So I guess Im registering for Saturday +4. Sorry for my ignorance I'm new.
Johnson Mac
Car#: 444

Post by Johnson Mac »

Sent an e-mail to Karen. I don't think I have anything to do on that saturday!
Steve Glusman
Car#: 424

Post by Steve Glusman »

Tom Berry wrote:
George Schilling wrote:

These things must not be too rare... I had a 96 Maxima SE with a 5 speed a few years ago... It was a neat car!

OMG --- can't ask for a better teacher!!!!! He is soooo lucky....I might have to drive the Maxima.....it was mine for 10 years!

Thanks as always!
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Steve Glusman wrote:So who is going to teach him to autoX his 96 Maxima SE with 5 spd. ??
I could teach him, too! I could use more practice driving stick as well... :ibrightdea:
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Calendar updated with the proper info on the main site.