2/28/09 PSCC EL TORO Practice Info

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

2/28/09 PSCC EL TORO Practice Info

Post by Rick Brown »

Practice details posted: http://tinyurl.com/2-28-Practice

No need to rush to the post office as available slots will be drawn by lottery from those entries received by February 21st.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: 2/28 Practice Info Posted

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Pacific Sports Car Club
presents a Practice Event:
PSCC Solo and Kids Kart Practice
When: Saturday, February 28, 2009
Where: El Toro
Fees: $15 Kids in kart event
$30 Parents/helpers of kids in kart event for 1 work/run group
$60 per person.
$10 additional driver sharing entry.
If sharing a car you may either run separate groups to get max runs each ($120 total) or share the car in 1 group and split available runs ($70 total). Please indicate with entry.

3 groups, 25 per group. 1 group runs, 1 group works, 1 group rests. Morning and afternoon session.

Entries beyond PSCC members will be drawn by lottery from all entries received by February 21st and posted on February 22nd. Priority will be given to entrants in the National Tour and ProSolo.

Send name(s), phone # and types of entry (kid kart, kid kart parent, regular entry, shared entry) WITH checks payable to: So Cal Solo 2

Curt Luther/PSCC Practice
730 Hillview St.
Beaumont, CA 92223

NOTE: ALL COMPETITORS MUST BE SCCA MEMBERS. A WEEKEND SCCA MEMBERSHIP WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR $15.
Times: Tech & Registration: 7:00am to 10:00am

Course Walk: Until 8:15am and at Lunch

MANDATORY DRIVER'S MEETING AT 8:15 AM

First car out at 8:30am

Kids Kart event will start at approximately noon
Safety: Helmets must be at least SNELL 95 (some loaner helmets will be available). No Alcohol or intoxicants may be used on the event site.

Children under 18 must have a waiver signed by both parents. Waiver forms available at SCCA.com
Special Rules: Closed exhaust: 95 dBA may be monitored.

The event organizers reserve the right to change the rules at any time.
--------------------
DON'T EMAIL ME, I'm just helpin you out by postin the info here and not making you check go to another site to read it.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Re: 2/28/09 PSCC EL TORO Practice Info

Post by Kurt Rahn »

So since the kid kart thing is separate, is it pretty much guaranteed entry, or is it getting lumped in with the rest of the practice (e.g. limited space)?

Also, I'm entering as a Kid Kart parent, so does that mean I'd basically get half the practice (1 run group and 1 work group) and work the rest of the time on the kid kart track?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Kurt Rahn wrote:So since the kid kart thing is separate, is it pretty much guaranteed entry, or is it getting lumped in with the rest of the practice (e.g. limited space)?

Also, I'm entering as a Kid Kart parent, so does that mean I'd basically get half the practice (1 run group and 1 work group) and work the rest of the time on the kid kart track?
Yes, guaranteed entry.
Yes.
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Re: 2/28 Practice Info Posted

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:Pacific Sports Car Club
presents a Practice Event:
PSCC Solo and Kids Kart Practice
When: Saturday, February 28, 2009
Where: El Toro
Fees: $15 Kids in kart event
$30 Parents/helpers of kids in kart event for 1 work/run group
$60 per person.
$10 additional driver sharing entry...
so basically you made all of Ricks hard work posting the link usless... :unimpressed:

:D
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Jason Dang

Post by Jason Dang »

I'm not a Solo2 member and i want to attend this feb 28 practice event at el toro. I'm a little confuse on how to register. Do i just show up on that day and sign up and pay or do i have to mail in a check+ $15 for weekend membership.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Jason Dang wrote:I'm a little confuse on how to register. Do i just show up on that day and sign up and pay or do i have to mail in a check+ $15 for weekend membership.
What's confusing? Did you read the flyer? Here's the important part:

Entries beyond PSCC members will be drawn by lottery from all entries received by February 21st and posted on February 22nd. Priority will be given to entrants in the National Tour and ProSolo.

Send name(s), phone # and types of entry (kid kart, kid kart parent, regular entry, shared entry) WITH checks payable to: So Cal Solo 2

Curt Luther/PSCC Practice
730 Hillview St.
Beaumont, CA 92223

NOTE: ALL COMPETITORS MUST BE SCCA MEMBERS. A WEEKEND SCCA MEMBERSHIP WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR $15.

Basically you have to mail it in and it will be drawn via lottery. If you get picked you'll be on the list on a thread in this message forum. If not, then you're not in and your check is either shredded or mailed back to you. This applies only to the Saturday practice. Sunday champ events are open to everyone. Weekend SCCA memberships are available onsite only.
Jason Dang

Post by Jason Dang »

thanks for the clarification. Guess i'm not going than, missed the 21.

-O well
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Jason Dang wrote:thanks for the clarification. Guess i'm not going than, missed the 21.

-O well
show up on sunday, lots o' room :thumbup:
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Jason Dang

Post by Jason Dang »

how many runs will i get on sunday?
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Post by Eric Clements »

How many do you want? We now have x-runs and non-comp you can do after you run in class. The people at registration will know the details.
Jason Dang

Post by Jason Dang »

Looking at the run order on sunday it look like each class only get to run one session. My question is in one session usually how many runs can a person get? 1-3? 4-8? 8-10?

What is X-runs? how does it work? How many session do i get and how many runs do i get for each session?

...thank you all for answering all my questions, i'm totally new at this.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

You run three competition runs in class and you work a corresponding heat. That is a normal championship entry.

In a heat after your run or in the same heat you run (your choice), you can make 3 more x runs for $25. There is no additional work requirement. You could actually purchase more than 1 x run sets if you like. You couldn't cram that into 1 heat, but if your competition heat is in the morning, you could run a WHOLE BUNCH!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Jason,

Take a look @ this info. .pdf from the main web site for CSCC: http://www.solo2.com/MiscDocuments/WhoWeAre.pdf
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Also have a look at the Novice Guide:

http://solo2.com/MiscDocuments/CSCC_Novice_Guide.pdf
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Jason Dang

Post by Jason Dang »

thanks for all the great info.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

It is confusing, we know! There are reasons for it, maybe not perfect reasons. But know that people are pretty helpful here. Anytime you think you fully understand it, you're probably missing something. Its okay. I've been around for 9 years and been part of the leadership at various times, have a couple of graduate degrees and I'm still not sure month to month how its all going to work... Yet it always does. And our family always has a blast.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jason Dang wrote:Looking at the run order on sunday it look like each class only get to run one session. My question is in one session usually how many runs can a person get? 1-3? 4-8? 8-10?

What is X-runs? how does it work? How many session do i get and how many runs do i get for each session?

...thank you all for answering all my questions, i'm totally new at this.
The main thing to remember is only your 1st 3 competition runs (assuming they're not TO -time only) are the ones that count for points and trophies. This not like Sat practices where you can get 10-12+ runs throughout the day. But like others mentioned, you can also purchase X-runs and TO-runs.
Jason Dang

Post by Jason Dang »

this will be my second autocross events. I just want to go out and run my car and maybe go home learning something about it, i really don't care about the whole competition, i don't think im ready for it anyway.

What about the novice class and the Time Only class? what is these two class? How many runs do those class get? When will these two class run because i don't see them in the run order page.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Jason Dang wrote:this will be my second autocross events. I just want to go out and run my car and maybe go home learning something about it, i really don't care about the whole competition, i don't think im ready for it anyway.

What about the novice class and the Time only class? how does those two class work? How many runs do those class get?
Our sport is all about the competition and the skill it takes to do your best in 3 runs on an unfamiliar course. Practices are primarily intended for people to practice and improve their skills to compete in the Championships. That being said we do try to encourage new people to try out the sport in both practices and Championships.

Novice is an indexed class (you would apparently use CST as your base class) for new people to compete in for a year end trophy based on your best 6 events. Time Only is just that, a class for time only, no trophies or year end points, which can be run at any time of the day. But both are just like all other classes and get 3 runs only.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jason Dang wrote:this will be my second autocross events. I just want to go out and run my car and maybe go home learning something about it, i really don't care about the whole competition, i don't think im ready for it anyway.
Like Rick mentioned above, I'm echoing his sentiments. We want new members but we "HIGHLY" encourage them to come to the championship events. They learn more on Sundays and get more attention from instructors and our novice coordinator (Leonard), than you would at a practice. What we don't want is for people who are just coming to practice and take runs for fun and thus taking away a practice spot from someone who is competing in the championship the next day. It's all about getting your fastest lap in 3 runs.
Jason Dang

Post by Jason Dang »

Thank all of you for all your help, you guys have been very informative and patient with me. I really appreciate it. Have a good day and i'll see you all at the events.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jason Dang wrote:Thank all of you for all your help, you guys have been very informative and patient with me. I really appreciate it. Have a good day and i'll see you all at the events.
Welcome to the addiction! :mrgreen: You'll have a great time and meet great people and fast drivers.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Jason Dang wrote:Thank all of you for all your help, you guys have been very informative and patient with me. I really appreciate it. Have a good day and i'll see you all at the events.
Welcome to the addiction! :mrgreen: You'll have a great time and meet great people and fast drivers.
And a few fast talkers, too! :lol: