3/1/09 PSCC Championship

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

3/1/09 PSCC Championship

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Figured I'd throw up a thread for this event.

Here's the link to the Registration:
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calenda ... earindex=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you haven't Pre-Registered for an event before, here at the instructions:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a link to the run order:
http://tinyurl.com/3-1-RunOrder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My favorite site, doesn't get much better than El Toro.
Last edited by Aaron Goldsmith on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeff Nucum

Re: 3/1/09 PSCC Championship

Post by Jeff Nucum »

if I'm not a scca member and want to purchase a weekend membership does that mean i can't pre-register on the axwaresystem website?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Jeff Nucum wrote:if I'm not a scca member and want to purchase a weekend membership does that mean i can't pre-register on the axwaresystem website?
You can try. The site is supposed to check for valid membership with the SCCA site, but I'm not positive it's actually active. If it lets you, don't put a number for the car you create in your garage, that will be issued at on site registration.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Tom Dobyns
Club: GRA
Car#: 48

Post by Tom Dobyns »

Question:

I am participating in the Evo School on both Saturday and Sunday, the 28th and 1st. There was some early talk about being able to accommodate us at the Championship even though we were busy with the school. Any further information? I know that there would be issues with work assignments, being able to walk the course, etc.

Has anything been decided?

Thanks
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Tom Dobyns wrote:Question:

I am participating in the Evo School on both Saturday and Sunday, the 28th and 1st. There was some early talk about being able to accommodate us at the Championship even though we were busy with the school. Any further information? I know that there would be issues with work assignments, being able to walk the course, etc.

Thanks
I believe what we did in the past was allow Evo people to run at the end of the day and do cleanup as their work assignment. With the understanding that if there was any significant change in course conditions compared to when your class runs, you take an average.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Rick Brown wrote:

Thanks
I believe what we did in the past was allow Evo people to run at the end of the day and do cleanup as their work assignment. With the understanding that if there was any significant change in course conditions compared to when your class runs, you take an average.
This might be tough. There wasn't a lot of daylight left when we finished the phase I school yesterday.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

Thanks
This might be tough. There wasn't a lot of daylight left when we finished the phase I school yesterday.
maybe the school could break for their lunch after ours, run 4th group and do clean up
it's only paranoia if your wrong
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Chuck Fowler wrote: maybe the school could break for their lunch after ours, run 4th group and do clean up
The school doesn't really break for lunch. You huddle and discuss what you learned while eating and then you head out for group ride-alongs with the instructors.
kj
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

It was getting pretty dark when we left El Toro today ... and Evo School was still in progress
Jeff Nucum

Post by Jeff Nucum »

planning to be there since evo school phase 1 got filled up :oops: . no room for practice for me though :(
Karen Zaterman
Club: GRA
Car#: 134

Post by Karen Zaterman »

Jeff Nucum wrote:planning to be there since evo school phase 1 got filled up :oops: . no room for practice for me though :(
Jeff, you can still show up and do ride-alongs on practice events. I'd recommend that if you can... and you should be doing the championship on Sunday -- are you signed up for that?
No, Mako -- you do NOT need to supercharge your new Miata! ...cuz now it's my turn to take it to the track :)
hmmmm... it is no longer "new" -- is it time to get faster?
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Rick Brown wrote: I believe what we did in the past was allow Evo people to run at the end of the day and do cleanup as their work assignment. With the understanding that if there was any significant change in course conditions compared to when your class runs, you take an average.
When I did Evo school and the champ event on the same day, I ran in the afternoon after class runs, but had to work an extra work assignment at the next event.
Jeff Nucum

Post by Jeff Nucum »

so i sign up for a novice run and an X run? its not letting me get the college discount either.. hm i'll keep working on it
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Jeff Nucum wrote:so i sign up for a novice run and an X run? its not letting me get the college discount either.. hm i'll keep working on it
If you have a lot of discounts, it might be easier to just register online and pay on site when you get there.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Jeff Nucum wrote:so i sign up for a novice run and an X run? its not letting me get the college discount either.. hm i'll keep working on it
If you have a lot of discounts, it might be easier to just register online and pay on site when you get there.
You simply pick the Juniors/Student pricing in the drop down and it recalculates the pricing. It automatically discounts X-runs by $5, so students get them for $10. Worked fine when I recently tested it. The E-Board hasn't actually set this policy yet, but that's how the software does it for now.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Rick Brown wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote:
You simply pick the Juniors/Student pricing in the drop down and it recalculates the pricing. It automatically discounts X-runs by $5, so students get them for $10. Worked fine when I recently tested it. The E-Board hasn't actually set this policy yet, but that's how the software does it for now.
The $10 part is actually a problem. They should have the same $25 price point as the others. We'll need to get the programming to work around that item.
kj
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Told you so.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Have any changes been made to balance out the run/work groups to avoid a repeat of the last event?
Aaron Goldsmith

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:Have any changes been made to balance out the run/work groups to avoid a repeat of the last event?
Guess the real, the question is, has the worker chief done a count of how many people are signed up in each group? That would have easily identified the problem last time. One of the groups (work group 3 this time) entirely counts on SK2 people showing up.. and last event they didn't. At this event they aren't again. Currently there are 4 people in SK2 signed up, add in the sk2l chick and the 5 people in the other classes (ASP,BSP) that work that group and you are going to have a problem in group 3, unless SK2 suddenly gets more popular.

I also see them not showing up at the pro, maybe SK classes aren't as in demand this year in LA... dunno.
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote: Guess the real, the question is, has the worker chief done a count of how many people are signed up in each group? That would have easily identified the problem last time. One of the groups (work group 3 this time) entirely counts on SK2 people showing up.. and last event they didn't. At this event they aren't again. Currently there are 4 people in SK2 signed up, add in the sk2l chick and the 5 people in the other classes (ASP,BSP) that work that group and you are going to have a problem in group 3, unless SK2 suddenly gets more popular.

I also see them not showing up at the pro, maybe SK classes aren't as in demand this year in LA... dunno.
Yeah, give or take a few people you are looking at the same issue every month without a change to the groups.
Aaron Goldsmith

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote: Yeah, give or take a few people you are looking at the same issue every month without a change to the groups.
Lookin like PAX is going to stay big, and it's competitors are most likely to show up for every event. We may want to pull BS or SM out of the PAX group to put in with SK2. Remember that SM seems to be the place that a lot of folks who don't preregister end up, so that might be the smart one to move.

[stir the pot pot]
Looks like CST has pretty much ended people signing up for CSM.. maybe we should just have made CSM 140+ treadwear.. haha :D ;)
[/end stir the pot]
Ugh.. that makes me feel all isley.. we'll see if my times get faster! :lol:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

But wasn't it Pax's work group that failed last time?
I kept being told that it wasn't the number of cars in the heats, it was the number of workers available.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote: Ugh.. that makes me feel all isley.. we'll see if I get shorter! :lol:

Fixed.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron Goldsmith

Steve Ekstrand wrote:But wasn't it Pax's work group that failed last time?
I kept being told that it wasn't the number of cars in the heats, it was the number of workers available.
well.. the problem was that as we were gettign ready to start I had 7-8 workers for the entire work group and PAX+PAXL+SM+BS+CST's work group was overflowing to the point where I was having to sign people up on the other side of the page. PAXhad a ton fo people.. but PAXL is pretty popular now too.. add that to the big turnout we had in SM and the descent showing we had in BS and it was crazy lopsided. So really I had 2 groups that were great and the SK2+ASP+BSP group.. really just wasn't there.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

We should have had 27 workers first group
14 workers second group
49 workers third group

Doesn't take into account core workers removed from the pool.

Its okay to have a pax's workgroup be oversize as many cores will come out of this most events. But obviously a rebalance needs to be addressed. Even if things are skewed by run early temptations. Still looks like PAX/PAXL is going to be big and CST looks popular. Both more I'd say than anticipated. How about moving CST/CSM back with the SK2/ASP/BSP group? Would have given us 27/36/27 last event.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600