3/1/09 PSCC Championship

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: 3/1/09 PSCC Championship

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:We should have had 27 workers first group
14 workers second group
49 workers third group

Doesn't take into account core workers removed from the pool.

Its okay to have a pax's workgroup be oversize as many cores will come out of this most events. But obviously a rebalance needs to be addressed. Even if things are skewed by run early temptations. Still looks like PAX/PAXL is going to be big and CST looks popular. Both more I'd say than anticipated. How about moving CST/CSM back with the SK2/ASP/BSP group? Would have given us 27/36/27 last event.
Sounds like a good plan.. CST looks to have about 6 folks pre-registered at the next event, that'd make a usable work group.
Tito Sar
Club: PSCC
Car#: 562

Post by Tito Sar »

I'm a bit confused from the directions of El Toro.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... =UTF8&z=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can someone lead me into the right direction?
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

Tito you live in long beach????

I do also,

Take the 405 south,exit at Sand canyon, Turn left on to Sand Canyon continue straight till you get to the 5 over pass,Right under the overpass is marine way ,turn right, and follow the road to the entrance .
Michael Heinitz
Car#: 73

Post by Michael Heinitz »

Will a lunch truck (roach coach) be available at El Toro this weekend?
Michael Heinitz

and... will '09 rulebooks be available for purchase?
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Michael Heinitz wrote:Will a lunch truck (roach coach) be available at El Toro this weekend?
Cal Poly cooked burgers today. Not sure if they'll be back.
Tito Sar

Post by Tito Sar »

Tom Denham wrote:Tito you live in long beach????

I do also,

Take the 405 south,exit at Sand canyon, Turn left on to Sand Canyon continue straight till you get to the 5 over pass,Right under the overpass is marine way ,turn right, and follow the road to the entrance .
Thanks Tom! Alright, makes sense for me now to double-check and looks about right. Good luck to you and everyone else tomorrow! :D
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Negative on the rulebooks chief. I'm putting you down for the team challenge. Give me a call early if you think you can't make the championship, 562-884-9850.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Now that was long one, haha. Here are a couple videos from the Elite Window Tinting FP car, unfortunately we were running on the very end of a set of tires, as you can see watching my hands at about 1:15 on my video, haha.

Toby:
http://www.vimeo.com/3428908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron:
http://www.vimeo.com/3430834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Aaron Goldsmith on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

PSCC Event

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Great job by PSCC this weekend! I had a great time and so did my son. The way the kid karts were handled was awesome, and should be the model for how practices should be when we're at a venue like El Toro where we have the room to spare. I got enough runs in half a day of practice to cord my tires and Max got enough runs in the kart that he was asleep by 8:30 Sat. nite. Sweet!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Michael Heinitz

another video from my Miata. Don't lift!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8kpDHqLKs&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Re: PSCC Event

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

The special kid kart course was the most cool, most rewarding, most fun thing our family has ever done.

Robert got a couple of years worth of autocross seat time in this weekend. He discovered that kid karts with 2.75hp and spec gearing do not accelerate to the largest number in the universe leave the planet and become space ships. But they do get more fun when you hold down the pedal on the right. :)

He started out about 120 seconds and by Sunday afternoon was clicking off 52.00's like it was nothing at all.

Thanks to Rick Brown for coming with the idea. And the Haneda and Clements family for providing Youth Stewards, support, work, and mentoring. And thanks to PSCC for making it happen. Oh yeah and thanks to KJ for the 8 or 9 gallons of VP110 Robert ate through in the 500 laps he took this weekend.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Daniel Y.
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 125

Post by Daniel Y. »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:Now that was long one, haha.
Yes, yes it was... And since I was in the last run group, my x-runs were canceled. However, I forgot to get my refund... Anyone know how I can get that back? Or forward the balance to a future event? Thanks!!!
Jeff Nucum

Post by Jeff Nucum »

i need a refund too.... as well as john
Tito Sar

Post by Tito Sar »

Same. Plus I was registered online.
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

Jeff Nucum wrote:i need a refund too.... as well as john
Sorry, guys. That was a tough call but I had to do it....... we just ran out of time do to the large number of people. We'll get a list of those of you who had X runs in the last group and take care of you.

My apologies for the circumstances.

Tom
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Its always the deal on X runs, that they are the first to be cut if we run long.

100% the right call. I just hope we don't get any ridiculous backlash against X runs for future events.

Oh yeah.... And X Runs are $25.... Period. Can we get this one solved???? Part of the over done X runs was the mistaken $10 charging.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Oh yeah.... And X Runs are $25.... Period. Can we get this one solved???? Part of the over done X runs was the mistaken $10 charging.
I didn't charge $10 but I did chrge $15 on some because they were told by *someone* that students only paid $15.

Yes, this does need to be resolved...

...and after yesterday I've worked registration for the last time. I just don't have the patience anymore...

...and Carol Beach is a saint.
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I tried really hard to point out that we had pricing confusion and issues before this event and was pretty thoroughly blown off like usual with the response that there was no problem.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Tadd Ekstrand
Car#: 152

Re: PSCC Event

Post by Tadd Ekstrand »

It was great seeing my nephew catching the fever. I thought he would never get off of that cart.

However, not to big of a fan of the course.
Tadd Ekstrand
STS 91 Honduh Civie Si Iamokwithmysexuality blue

New avatar courtesy of Mako Koiwai.

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you
Will Kalman
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

We had about 240 entries including X runs. A significantly higher number than we've seen lately. Good call on the final run group, Tom, we just made it.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Will Kalman wrote:We had about 240 entries including X runs. A significantly higher number than we've seen lately. Good call on the final run group, Tom, we just made it.

240 in a short winter day with lots of timing issues and the need for fairly long worker changeovers. That's a busy event. We could have used next weeks DST for sure.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I tried really hard to point out that we had pricing confusion and issues before this event and was pretty thoroughly blown off like usual with the response that there was no problem.
Don't worry Steve.....it will be brought up IMMEDIATELY at the next meeting and get resolved ASAP. And yes I could see the blood boiling in Curt's face at registration. Luckily Mrs. Flaherty was there to calm him down :)
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Tom Tanquary wrote:My apologies for the circumstances.
You do NOT need to apologize Tom. You are the Event Master. It was the RIGHT call. When the sun is setting and we're JUST finishing up the 5th group, with one more to go, it was a no-brainer. Great job as Event Master.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Big thumbs up to everyone in PSCC! :thumbup: Great Job running the event, Tom. Like someone told me last event, it's just as important to make good snap decisions while the event is running as it is to prepare for the event. Killing the last-group X runs was the right decision. I also loved the course. I thought it flowed really well and was easy to get into a rhythm.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.