Is Bakersfield north or south

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Kirk Blair

Is Bakersfield north or south

Post by Kirk Blair »

Or does it matter?

Hi,
I just got my Lotus 7 replica (World Class Motorsports - S2K) up and running and wanted to try some autocross. Seems I'm pretty far from everybody (except Buttonwillow & Willowsprings) and noticed there's not really any solo events in the central valley.

I'm not sure about clubs to join for this reason as well. Perhaps there's someone from Btown who's a regular here and can help me out. From what I've read this seems exactly what I'm looking for to get me feet wet.

Thanks
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Re: Is Bakersfield north or south

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

SFR has a Fresno chapter. I don't know how active they are. Probably a little closer to you than fontana or El toro. Buttonwillow is definitily 'south' (CalClub), so I'd assume Bakerfiled is in the CalClub domain. But then Fresno is part of the San Fransico region.

Jay W
Kirk Blair wrote:Or does it matter?

Hi,
I just got my Lotus 7 replica (World Class Motorsports - S2K) up and running and wanted to try some autocross. Seems I'm pretty far from everybody (except Buttonwillow & Willowsprings) and noticed there's not really any solo events in the central valley.

I'm not sure about clubs to join for this reason as well. Perhaps there's someone from Btown who's a regular here and can help me out. From what I've read this seems exactly what I'm looking for to get me feet wet.

Thanks