Membership Information

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Matthew Petty
Car#: 0

Membership Information

Post by Matthew Petty »

I attended the March 1st El Toro autocross event and bought the year membership when I paid for my runs. What do I do now? Am I supposed to wait for something in mail? Sorry if I'm being a newb, but I forgot to ask this when I was there.
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Re: Membership Information

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Matthew Petty wrote:I attended the March 1st El Toro autocross event and bought the year membership when I paid for my runs. What do I do now? Am I supposed to wait for something in mail? Sorry if I'm being a newb, but I forgot to ask this when I was there.
I'm assuming your SCCA membership, so your answer, is YES, you wait for your membership card in the mail along with your subscription to the club's magazine "SportsCar". Now if you plan on running for points and year-end trophies I suggest you buy a points card and pick a club to join for the remainder of the year.
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Matthew Petty wrote:I attended the March 1st El Toro autocross event and bought the year membership when I paid for my runs. What do I do now? Am I supposed to wait for something in mail? Sorry if I'm being a newb, but I forgot to ask this when I was there.
Did you really buy a year long SCCA membership or a $15 temp membership?
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Max Hayter wrote:
Gayle sold a number of full memberships.

You will get a card in the mail. If for some reason you haven't gotten it prior to the next event, you can go to the SCCA web site and in the Solo section go to your license page and print that out. It has all the info we need to verify your membership.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Matthew Petty

Post by Matthew Petty »

Max Hayter wrote:
I bought the full year membership, and thanks for the responses guys. I shall wait for my stuff in the mail then.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Cool! Sounds like you're excited about motorsports Matthew. If you aren't interested in competing in the Pro Solo event we're hosting later this month, try to check it out on Sunday afternoon. It's truly awesome to see Corvettes lined up against Honda Civics for a race (the Corvettes are held at the line longer before the lights trip.)

It's one of the most spectator-friendly versions of autox you can view, and it is without a doubt the most exciting form of autox in the known universe.

Mike
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

Welcome to the addiction, Matt! Nice to see a newbie get excited about the sport :thumbup:

It was fun instructing you :)
~Lily
Matthew Petty

Post by Matthew Petty »

It was fun, now I know what I need to work on! Me and the car lol :D
Kevin Kumtong

Post by Kevin Kumtong »

Max Hayter wrote:

when we were told it was only another $15 for the year membership, we jumped right on!
make mistakes, learn, move on..
Matthew Petty

Post by Matthew Petty »

I still haven't received my packet since I joined the SCCA club. Do I have to pay the $5 dollar fee still? How does this work???
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Matthew Petty wrote:I still haven't received my packet since I joined the SCCA club. Do I have to pay the $5 dollar fee still? How does this work???
When did you join? You could call them today (contact info at scca.org) and get the number, then print out your membership from their website. They have been backed up lately due to the number of national events over the past few weeks.

Oh, and for the benefit of others reading this message, the temporary membership is now $15, not $5.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Matthew Petty

Post by Matthew Petty »

I called too late and they're only open on mon-fri what should I do? I really don't want to pay the 15 dollar fee if I already paid for the SCCA membership.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Matthew Petty wrote:I called too late and they're only open on mon-fri what should I do? I really don't want to pay the 15 dollar fee if I already paid for the SCCA membership.
See Post #4 in this thread.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Matthew Petty wrote:I called too late and they're only open on mon-fri what should I do? I really don't want to pay the 15 dollar fee if I already paid for the SCCA membership.
Come anyway. Speak with Gayle in the SCCA membership line and we'll work something out.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
William Chen

Post by William Chen »

Kevin Kumtong wrote:when we were told it was only another $15 for the year membership, we jumped right on!
so an yearly membership was $30 ? thanks.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

I know Gayle knows all the right tricks for the first year of full membership, but I don't think $30 is remotely achievable. The normal annual fee from SCCA for our region is $85, I think. I believe she has a way to get that down to the $50 range.

Mike
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Mike Simanyi wrote:I know Gayle knows all the right tricks for the first year of full membership, but I don't think $30 is remotely achievable. The normal annual fee from SCCA for our region is $85, I think. I believe she has a way to get that down to the $50 range.

Mike
Correction Mike...
  • SCCA National Membership is $65
  • Regional dues (in Cal Club's case) it's $25
  • Total = $90
Gayle can then reduce the overall cost of the "national membership" to down to $50. But the Cal Club dues of $25 is a constant.