Tires and/or wheels needed (16in tire, 114x5 wheel)

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Jamie Lessie

Tires and/or wheels needed (16in tire, 114x5 wheel)

Post by Jamie Lessie »

I am desperately looking for tires for the MR2. My poor boyfriend is stuck with the stockies off my FD that have 10+ year old all-season tires on them. These tires are hard as a rock. Last autocross he was all over the place. He was even drifting (which is quite impressive in that car but obviously not the intended action)

I would love a set of used tires (must be 16 inch) My wheels are 16x7. Tires purchased for a miata would work great. I have a set of miata rims as well but I will have to see how big they are. They might actually be 15 inch rim but I think they are 16's. I have a picture but photobucket is down for maintenance now.

I would be happy to buy old Azenis or whatever "outdated" or "yesterdays fashion" tires you no longer want. They have to have at least some good tread left in them and they must be street legal with 200 tread wear or higher.

I would even consider getting a set of wheels if they came with tires. Must be dirt cheap though. I am asking for used tires here, I cannot afford any bling rims at the moment. I have too many sets of rims as it is. :roll:
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Re: Tires and/or wheels needed (16in tire, 114x5 wheel)

Post by Leonard Cachola »

I've got a very used set of 16-inch Dunlop Direzza Star Specs - they're down to the wear bars and not as grippy as new. I was planning on getting rid of them tomorrow, but if you'd like them and can figure out how to pick them up, I can save them.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

I have a set of 225/50/16 Kumho ASX (all season) for really really cheap if you want a set of regular street tires.
~Lily
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Leonard, They would be nice but I wont have time to get them before Saturday. To bad you are only coming down here for the Sunday event *hint*hint*

Thanks for the offer though!
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Lily Liu wrote:I have a set of 225/50/16 Kumho ASX (all season) for really really cheap if you want a set of regular street tires.
Lily,

We have a set of all season Kuhmos as well. I might give him those to run although he may have to hit 3rd depending on the course (they are shorter then the FD wheels on there now)

I would really like a set of "summer" tires. Thank you for the offer though!
Jeff Ringer
Club: PSCC
Car#: 741

Post by Jeff Ringer »

Jamie

tire rack has bridgestone re 01r (awesome tire just replaced by the re-11 ) for $59 each!!! in 225/50/16

go for it! they should last you a while
my middle name is 'The'

previous vehicles:83 chevette scooter-84 chrysler laser tubro-86 gti -93 probe gt-91 944s2 - 00 gti 1.8t-86 325e-89 325i-90 xj6- 67 lemans 4 speed -98 bmw m3/4/5
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Post by Eric Clements »

Jeff Ringer wrote: tire rack has bridgestone re 01r (awesome tire just replaced by the re-11 ) for $59 each!!! in 225/50/16
Ordered! Thanks for the heads up.
Chad Stubblefield
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 877

Post by Chad Stubblefield »

I still have a set of stock FD wheels
gunmetal powder coat
great shape
old Hoosiers on them
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Eric Clements wrote:
Jeff Ringer wrote: tire rack has bridgestone re 01r (awesome tire just replaced by the re-11 ) for $59 each!!! in 225/50/16
Ordered! Thanks for the heads up.
Crap! They are sold out!
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Chad Stubblefield wrote:I still have a set of stock FD wheels
gunmetal powder coat
great shape
old Hoosiers on them
I have so many stock FD wheels lol

do you have an FD trailer hitch and trailer. I may be interested in that (in a month or so when I recoup the $$ I just spent on new tires lol)