total noob, curious as to how to start

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jarrett Gorlick
Car#: 300

total noob, curious as to how to start

Post by Jarrett Gorlick »

I've wanted to auto-x for a while now and I'm finally ready to do it, but still have a few questions...
I plan on buying the temp. membership and at least test auto-x out and see if I really like it and its worth it (I'm sure it will be)...
At least as of now, I don't care for the classes and championships, I'm here to learn, not to mention my car would have me in a much higher class than it can handle...What type of event would you guys suggest for a beginner, just trying to get a feel for both the racing and the car?
Are there regulations for harnesses, like how they are mounted etc.?
Thank you
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Re: total noob, curious as to how to start

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Jarrett, I just got your e-mail and replied to it. As for the other questions, I'll let others chime in as well.

Also read the thread just created viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17
Jarrett Gorlick
Car#: 300

Post by Jarrett Gorlick »

That did clear things up and I just reread that thread you posted.
I assume I'm better doing the temporary at first and going from there, but do you guys usually have room for walk-ins, granted I would be extremely early and probably help out if possible.
Thanks again
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Jarrett Gorlick wrote:walk-ins, granted I would be extremely early and probably help out if possible.
Thanks again
Walk-ins apply to "practices" which like going to the airport "on standby", hoping someone doesn't show up. Most practices (Saturdays) have rules (per host club) as to who can get in. Championship events are open to everyone (Sundays).