WTB - racing gloves

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Kevin Kumtong
Car#: 0

WTB - racing gloves

Post by Kevin Kumtong »

where to buy?

here are the ones i've been looking at, a buddy of mine Matt has these, and i borrowed for a track day at streets of willow once, they were nice
http://www.ogracing.com/catalog/1-Drive ... ING-GLOVES" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$54.99 + $9 shipping

is there anywhere else anyone can point me to for more options?

thanks

Kevin
make mistakes, learn, move on..
Edison Tran

Re: WTB - racing gloves

Post by Edison Tran »

what up kevin :P haha

where some mechanix gloves :thumbup:
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Kevin Kumtong wrote:where to buy?
Read this thread viewtopic.php?f=22&t=160
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

Kevin Kumtong wrote:where to buy?

here are the ones i've been looking at, a buddy of mine Matt has these, and i borrowed for a track day at streets of willow once, they were nice
http://www.ogracing.com/catalog/1-Drive ... ING-GLOVES" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
$54.99 + $9 shipping

is there anywhere else anyone can point me to for more options?

thanks

Kevin
I think I've seen them at C2 Racing (San Diego).

I used to have Greddy ones that they handed out at Greddy Fest. They were good.

Now I use Sparco ones that I got as a present :) and they are niiiiiiice.

Simpsons are nice too, but they're expensive.

Whatever you get, don't buy cheap gloves or K1 gloves. My cheap gloves started disintegrating after the first autox. K1 gloves just feel weird to me for some reason
~Lily
Kevin Kumtong
Car#: 0

Post by Kevin Kumtong »

well, is there a shop anyone knows of where i can go and try on different gloves & different sizes?

L.A., Long Beach area where i can actually go into & try out different gloves..

some of those websites have nice looking gloves, but i have no feel.. :(
make mistakes, learn, move on..
Steve Coe
Club: CASOC
Car#: 75

Post by Steve Coe »

If you can wait untill the SD Tour, C2 will have gloves at their booth.
Ringers Carbon-X and Crow Nomex drivers gloves.
Or let me know and I'll bring some up to the Pro

Steve Coe
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Just a random observation. For autox (as opposed to track days and such), do any top national drivers wear glvoes in Stock, ST, or SP?

I occasionally do, because I have RA and if I'm flaring up, a tight glove gives me support and my hands feel better. No grip issues. I did get blisters as a newbie on some steering wheels on hot practice days, but those days are long long gone (Tom Berry looking at me like an incredible loser saying dummy, stop squeezing the wheel!).

When I do wear gloves I just wear high quality leather golf gloves. You have to buy a right and left, so for a Footjoy or similar its about $45. There are some pretty decent discount brands in the $25 range. I've always gotten longer wear and sweat resistance out of the Footjoy's.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Just a random observation. For autox (as opposed to track days and such), do any top national drivers wear glvoes in Stock, ST, or SP?

I occasionally do, because I have RA and if I'm flaring up, a tight glove gives me support and my hands feel better. No grip issues. I did get blisters as a newbie on some steering wheels on hot practice days, but those days are long long gone (Tom Berry looking at me like an incredible loser saying dummy, stop squeezing the wheel!).

When I do wear gloves I just wear high quality leather golf gloves. You have to buy a right and left, so for a Footjoy or similar its about $45. There are some pretty decent discount brands in the $25 range. I've always gotten longer wear and sweat resistance out of the Footjoy's.
Jason Uyeda is the only one I know. I wear them on cold mornings before the event or on really hot days, had the skin on my had stick to the wheel and one event and tear.. it was gross.
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

I have a pair of Alpinestars that I really like. I only wear them when it's hot because my exhaust doesn't have heat shields anymore and that makes the shifter a little too warm.

Like a helmet, fit is the first priority. If you don't worry about fire-retardance you can always get some motorcycle riding gloves.