Pro Solo Thanks!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: CASOC
Car#: 72

Pro Solo Thanks!

Post by Tom Berry »

WOW!
What a great Pro we had over the weekend. A new record for total entrants at our Pro, and a new record number of Cal Clubbers competing.
Some folks I would like to thank...
"Fireball" Robertson who did a great job co-chairing the event and even got to drive since his ankle surgery was postponed.
Sebastian Rios and his staff who handled the safety stuff.... didnt even hear about any problems safety wise.
Marshall Grice and Kurt Rahn for doing a "friendly" job with the workers. ( and the others who filled in )
Aaron Goldsmith who worked his butt off making sure the course was cleaned and supplies out etc. Several folks helped out! Lots of work.
Christine who handled registration well and
George Schilling, our impound chief must have done a great job because I didnt hear a thing about it. And grilled for hours at the welcome party.
KJ Christopher who whipped his crack tech team into shape to get the job done and be extra friendly.
Steve Glusman, our gate and waiver chief that made it happen "friendly" too. I had good feedback on that!
Toby Larsson did a great job of making sure all the supplies were handled.
Rick Brown for handling t-shirts and the water and ice thing.
Eric Clements our youth stewart ( ok, that part wasnt too tough, but he and Mari and Jonathan did jump in and help a lot )
Theresa Berry for organizing the welcome party. Kyle Williams and Lisa Berry and others helped out a lot with that too.
The course set up crew who worked against the odds to put a round peg in a square hole.
Mike Simanyi who also worked his butt off doing so many things that I cant remember them all.
There are probably lots of others that put out extra effort that I didnt mention... so thanks to all of you.

The bottom line is that we had the most successful and friendliest Pro that we have ever had. For those that were not able to come out and play... you missed a good one. I hope you can join us next year.
Theresa and I happened to find the SCCA national staff group at dinner after the event, and they were very happy with the way things went. I believe that we as a region put our best foot forward and kinda showed the rest of the county how its done.
Thanks again to all.
Tom
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Re: Pro Solo Thanks!

Post by Will Kalman »

Awesome, awesome, awesome course! I overhead many complimentary comments. Courses that offer such a high degree of difficulty and fun in equal measures are rare!

RIck - I forgot to buy a shirt, do you have leftovers and will you bring them to this weekend's event? A large for me, please!
Charley Hoyt

Post by Charley Hoyt »

Thank you to everyone that made this such a GREAT event. It was a FANTASTIC weekend!!!! I had a great time.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

The course was especially fun and challenging....gotchas abound. Very nice job all the way around Tom.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

George Schilling wrote:The course was especially fun and challenging....gotchas abound. Very nice job all the way around Tom.
+1. I had a great time!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Tom's course exposed my talent deficit.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Tom's course validated my doctor's order.
Fixed that for ya.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Tom's course was great. I don't usually have trouble driving shoulder wise, if I don't drive like an idiot and have to recover. Unfortunately, I just didn't have enough talent not to hang myself on those tough courses. Paying for it now... :(
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600