Solo dress code question

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jamie Lessie

Solo dress code question

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Am I allowed to wear skirts to events that I drive?
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Re: Solo dress code question

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Jamie Lessie wrote:Am I allowed to wear skirts to events that I drive?
The only concern is while in pre-grid, grid, and driving must have CLOSED toe shoes (i.e. sneakers).
But if you're just a spectator and not driving or riding as passenger, just use common sense. Though if you showed up wearing a micro-mini you would get some complaints and some cheers :) Again common sense as this is a family sport
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

+1 on allowing Jamie to wear a dress. Jamie, it gets pretty warm at CA Speedway! Short shorts would also be OK.

Last edited by Mako Koiwai on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
The only concern is while in pre-grid, grid, and driving must have CLOSED toe shoes (i.e. sneakers).
But if you're just a spectator and not driving or riding as passenger, just use common sense. Though if you showed up wearing a micro-mini you would get some complaints and some cheers :) Again common sense as this is a family sport
I don't wear any of that micro mini stuff. :roll: It is just when it gets really hot a skirt is sooo nice. You guys are really missing out.

Can I wear flip flops while I am picking up cones and switch to regular shoes when I drive?
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

You want good shock absorbing shoes when working the course. After covering a very busy element with Croc's I developed heel problems that made it painful to walk ... it pretty much went away after SIX months ... and all types of heel inserts, visits to the foot doctor and very painful injections right into the most painful part of my heel! :cry:

I would use proper cross training shoes ... that like tennis shoes, have good lateral support for dashing and stopping, while trying to avoid on-coming traffic
Attachments
IMG_6661.jpg
IMG_6661.jpg (135.38 KiB) Viewed 10770 times
Last edited by Mako Koiwai on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Mako Koiwai wrote:+1 on allowing Jamie to wear a dress. Jamie, it gets pretty warm at CA Speedway! Short shorts would also be OK.

Can you see how burned my face was? My chest is STILL really red. I was wearing the sweater because the seat belt would rub my burned chest *ouch! Luckily my car has really nice A/C

I will definitely being sunscreen next time. That one was totally my fault! :roll:
Mako Koiwai wrote:You want good shock absorbing shoes when working the course. After covering a very busy element with Croc's I developed heel problems that made it painful to walk ... it pretty much went away after SIX months ... and all types of heel inserts, visits to the foot doctor and very painful injections right into the most painful part of my heel! :cry:
OUCH! I know the feeling. If I am doing a party or just spend hours on the hard tile in the kitchen my heels hurt for days. I have soft flip flops that are easy to run in.
Mako Koiwai wrote:+1 on allowing Jamie to wear a dress. Jamie, it gets pretty warm at CA Speedway! Short shorts would also be OK.

Short shorts? haha I actually don't own a pair of short shorts. I could use a pair though. I have a knee length skirt that I am not afraid of getting dirty during an event. That skirt was my savior in Taiwan when it was about 100 degrees and 100% humidity (no exaggeration)
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Mako, did the injections help at all? If you find good heel inserts let me know. I could use some good ones.
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

I don't advise flip flops for working course, sometimes you've got to move in a hurry!

Skirts, bikinis, stockings, school girl outfits etc, etc, are all acceptable, however.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jamie Lessie wrote:
I don't wear any of that micro mini stuff. :roll: It is just when it gets really hot a skirt is sooo nice. You guys are really missing out.
Insert joke about Max here.
Jamie Lessie wrote:Can I wear flip flops while I am picking up cones and switch to regular shoes when I drive?
Kind of a safety issue - hard to run away from cars in flip-flops.

There are several female types that wear skirts in the summer.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I'm not going to made a comment on covering up your chest around all of those guys! (Have you guys meet Jamie's boy friend?) We always carry lots of sun block at our base camp if you forget yours next time. :thumbup:
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

KJ Christopher wrote:
There are several types that wear skirts in the summer.
Katy's co-drivers?
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

The cortisone injections are so painful that next time I refused to get them. They did however WORK very well ... for a few weeks.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Max Hayter wrote:
KJ Christopher wrote:
Katy's co-drivers?
Harumpf!
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

Mike Simanyi wrote: There are several types that wear skirts in the summer.
Harumpf!
Whilst the thought of you in a skirt is truly disturbing, I do think it is appropriate in this instance. Please wear one to the Z event.
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jamie Lessie wrote:I have soft flip flops that are easy to run in.
Save yourself heartache and potential pain and wear sneakers. Because you want MAXIMUM grip when trying to avoid a 3000+lb vehicle spinning out of control towards you and the comfort of flip-flops does not outweigh getting hit by a car.
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

Max Hayter wrote:
KJ Christopher wrote:
Katy's co-drivers?
:lol: :lol: It didn't happen again on Sunday did it?
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

Brian Peters wrote: :lol: :lol: It didn't happen again on Sunday did it?
Katy had the speed to do it, but some cones got in the way I think.
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Giovanni Jaramillo

Max Hayter wrote:but some cones got in the way I think.
minor details..... :)
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

+1 on skin
+1 on Micro School Girl Outfits
Assistance is ALWAYS available applying suntan lotion.

Why don't we get more hot chicks??? Probably because us perverted old guys drive them off. :( :cry: ;)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

You can wear pretty much anything you want as long as you have closed toed shoes and a helmet. Most women don't wear skirts due to getting in and out of a low vehicle a lot (remember there are lots of cameras and video cameras at events and this thing called YouTube :oops: ). But whatever you are comfortable with :thumbup: .

Edit: Dang, get distracted for a few minutes while typing the first reply and all (the other) perverts jump in.....
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Max Hayter wrote:
Brian Peters wrote: :lol: :lol: It didn't happen again on Sunday did it?
Katy had the speed to do it, but some cones got in the way I think.
Whew!
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Jamie Lessie wrote: Can I wear flip flops while I am picking up cones and switch to regular shoes when I drive?
No. Your best bet is loose, comfortable clothing. :thumbup:

As someone who is part Scot, I could wear a kilt. But I don' wan ta fight uff the lassies! :D
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Steve Ekstrand wrote: Why don't we get more hot chicks??? Probably because us perverted old guys FRIGHTEN them off. :( :cry: ;)
fixed that for ya. If we were driving them off we might ... OK, no, a "chance" isn't really there no matter what. :cry:
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

I didn't know we could wear skirts?

Max...Bill....I'm sorry I gave you wrong information. Apparently you can wear em'. Just not too short PLEASE. :lol: :lol:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Mako Koiwai wrote:I'm not going to made a comment on covering up your chest around all of those guys! (Have you guys meet Jamie's boy friend?) We always carry lots of sun block at our base camp if you forget yours next time. :thumbup:
I should wear a loose T-shirt next time. I just did'nt want to get a farmers tan, plus t shirt sweat rings are gross! No sleeves no problem!

I should have asked around for some sunscreen. I am usually ok though, I have never in my life been this sunburned before. I have worn that same shirt out numerous times and have not got burned :cry: I am still just as red on my chest as i was Saturday. Luckily my face is a bit better today.