2009 Lone Pine Time Trials

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: 2009 Lone Pine Time Trials

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Philip Strong wrote:Will results be posted anytime soon? Bret had a great time - much thanks to all who made it happen.
Bret's a great kid. I enjoyed meeting him and talking! Hope your knee feels better.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Philip Strong wrote:Will results be posted anytime soon? Bret had a great time - much thanks to all who made it happen.
Saturday
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/C ... 09_fin.htm
Sunday
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/C ... 09_fin.htm
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kelley Sakata-Moon

Post by Kelley Sakata-Moon »

Hello all

I just wanted to thank everyone who came to Lone Pine this year. As most of you know, we had a special ceremony for Craig Angel and now a little piece of Craig will always be at Lone Pine - one of his favorite places. He is in good company - Jim Ellison's ashes were also scattered on the airstrip a few years ago. The Ellison brothers have been a part of Lone Pine for years and we still miss Jimmy but he is represented well by Johnny and Jerry and the Ellison family.

Although we faced a bunch of new challenges this year I hope that everyone had a good time and will return next year. We plan on working hard to make it better and better. To that effect - I would like to extend an invite to anyone who would like to be a part of a very unique venue on a regular basis - we need to expand our core group of committee members! Right now we are working with a very small core group and, to be frank, the core group is getting old and slowing down ( me included ), so if you have enjoyed this great event in years past, or just recently attended and found it worthwhile - join us!!!! We will be planning a post-event meeting next month and we welcome those that want to see it continue.

I want to thank personally the core people who make this event happen every year. Pat ( Irish ) McBride; always a rock and always our go-to guy! Pat wears so many hats that listing them would take too long. Scott Aguilar: also a very important member of the core group! Scott has the hardest job of all.....dealing with the DWP to secure us the airstrip! It is not a cakewalk, I assure you. Bill Rosensteel: another long time LP anchor! Renee Angel - registrar. For those of you who don't know - Craig and Renee chaired this event for over 20 years! Rick Brown: Rick does the Lone Pine t-shirts every year and the applications and he is our timing guru.Rick wears many hats as well and does so with a calmness that amazes me. Charlie Hyatt: Charlie,despite losing her hubby, Tim, is still as committed to Lone Pine as ever. Her infectious laugh can often keep me from losing my mind and put things in perspective. Brian Moon ( my spouse ) and Lupe Covarrubias ( our adopted son ) - these guys bust their butts clean-up weekend making sure that the
airstrip is as ready as it can be and make this truly a family affair. They often catch the brunt of my frustrated rantings - thanks, guys! Earl Metz: Earl also is an important part of out team, also involved in clean-up and event get-it-done stuff.
And finally, Tom Phillips: A helluva guy who's first time at LP was, well, let's just say that Tom's learning curve was off the charts this last weekend! Thank you, Tom. You worked hard to make sure that this event happened despite the challenges and last minute snafus. Tom's lovely wife was a big help to me with all the food stuff, too.

There are also others who stepped in and helped this last weekend due to some unexpected thing cropping up - Thank you very much for seeing a need and voluntarily filling it!