New and Returning Member

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Hutch Topikian
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 456

New and Returning Member

Post by Hutch Topikian »

Just wanted to say hi....

Would like to start Soloing. I've held a natioanl lic. in the past and the road racing scene seems a little less complicated.

How do i get a number for my car?? What is this point card system and do I need one? I'm sorry for all the questions but would like to start soon and make new friends. Also these practice events...I read it's a lottery system and not first come first served, is this correct? Basically what's the first event I can attend???

Hope to see you all out there soon.

Hutch
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Re: New and Returning Member

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Next weekend you can get in some practice as part of the Motorsport Z event. You help out by working a two hour stint on Saturday ... you get an assigned time slot ... and then on Sunday you get a free day of Practice. See the thread on the Motorsport Z event for contact info.

Go to http://www.solo2.com and see the newbie info on the upper right hand quadrant.

Also on the solo2 web site see the calendar or Upcoming section for info on the GRA event the first weekend in May.

Today was the Porsche event at El Toro ... they usually let in a few non-Porsches.

Also events at Qualcomm in San Diego: http://www.sdsolo.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

You need a points card if you want to use a permanent number for each event, otherwise one will be assigned to you when you register. Also, points card holders accumulate annual points for their class. If you're planning on attending events regularly, it's probably worth getting one. First step is to choose a number from this list: http://www.solo2.com/pcvalid.asp. After you have one, fill out the form and pay using PayPal or send a check to Gio, our membership chair. Here's the form: http://www.solo2.com/PurchasePC.asp

See you next event!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Also know that every practice could be a bit difference. We are made up of member teams that host events. Each have their own way of selecting practice entrants.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hutch Topikian
Car#: 456

Post by Hutch Topikian »

Guys, thank you!!! All my questios have been answered. I plan to come out to El Toro to get my feet wet. I have permenant number but will not arrive until next Friday and did get a points card.

Also according to the regs. I fall into the STU catagory. If you guys see me poking around, it's just to make new friends and ask questions.

Thanks again, guys. :D

Hutch
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Hutch Topikian wrote:I have permenant number but will not arrive until next Friday and did get a points card.

Also according to the regs. I fall into the STU catagory. If you guys see me poking around, it's just to make new friends and ask questions.

Thanks again, guys. :D

Hutch
You're all set Hutch. Welcome to Cal Club Solo