The new guy

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Greg Mueth
Car#: 0

The new guy

Post by Greg Mueth »

For some reason this has been much more difficult than i anticipated, i got my my appetite with my buddy in the CDC http://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/ but now that i want to practice here at home but it's a pain with my work schedule and this pre-reg situation.

i seldom ever know what saturday i will have off more than a few days ahead, so then i figured i would chance it and wake my ass up early and drive out today, but i couldn't any info on the calendar/location for 5/9

btw, i have never been to an SCCA/CSCC event but i met some very kind kind folks at the LB Gran Prix

so how does this work for a guy like me
06 wrx wagon
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Re: The new guy

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

If its not on the calendar, our group isn't conducting an event. We don't run every weekend.

Practices are hard to get it to unless you can commit a couple of weeks early. Some clubs allow a few walkons to cover no shows. You never know.

Championship days don't require a commitment. You can pre-reg and don't show, its okay. You can walk on, but it will cost you more. And novices are welcome and encouraged at championship days, don't be scared of a name.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Greg,

Your best bet is probably our Champ events. Don't let the name scare you. You're welcome to run Time Only for your Primary runs, and you can buy a second set of runs - X runs - as well that will double the number of laps you get to take, without requiring any extra work from you.

You can pre-register through the AXWare site without paying, and just pay at the event if you can make it. Pre-registering saves you $5.

If you *can* make it to a practice and you aren't signed up, you'll find we're a welcoming group. Bring a helmet, hang out for an hour or two and grab some rides (which you can't do at a Championship) so you get a sense of how this all works.

Welcome to the addiction!

Mike
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Greg click on the logo up to which takes you to the main site and read the WhoWeAre document in the NEWBIE GUIDE / INTRODUCTION section. That will also help answer lots of questions you may have.

Welcome to Cal Club.