May 16

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Michael Sullivan
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 357

May 16

Post by Michael Sullivan »

Came across this and it seems interesting just because of its location. Wonder how many of us qualify as beginners? }:)

http://www.catmbr.org/temp/AUTOX3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michael Sullivan
"The gas pedal isn't an on-and-off switch?!"
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: May 16

Post by George Schilling »

Michael Sullivan wrote:Came across this and it seems interesting just because of its location. Wonder how many of us qualify as beginners? }:)

http://www.catmbr.org/temp/AUTOX3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is a mile from my house. The lot is small. I suspect they'll have a short, tight course. I heard Cal Club used to use the lot at one time. About two years ago, the city built an aviation center on the SE corner of the lot that took up quite a bit of lot. Also, lots of light standards.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Tito Sar
Club: PSCC
Car#: 562

Post by Tito Sar »

I go to that college! It's pretty small, but it works. I will be there since I only live a couple of miles away. :D

Great find Michael.
Kristoffer Gjevre

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&F ... &encType=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

That lot is tiny, the last time an event was held there, many, many years ago it was shut down for noise , My buddy who works on the LBPD thinks it was a Porsche event that got shut down, He cant' quite remember it was so long ago, but the neighbors are right across the street.

I might check it out, it's only 10 mins from home.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Pan to the NW....

CAN WE AUTOCROSS ON A ROOF!!!!!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bryan Fargo

Post by Bryan Fargo »

I live close as well- too bad I tore my suspension out this week to make some changes...
Creating a cleaner world through alternative fuels, then destroying it with my Nova!
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Yeah, we ran there and not very big, but useable. Had to pit on the east side and have most of the course on the west across from the Douglas plant to keep the noise as far as possible from the homes.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...