Helmet Purchase

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Derek Schultz
Car#: 467

Helmet Purchase

Post by Derek Schultz »

Where can I buy a helmet in Orange or Los Angeles County? I've been looking with limited results. I don't want to order one and have it fit poorly.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Helmet Purchase

Post by Rick Brown »

Derek Schultz wrote:Where can I buy a helmet in Orange or Los Angeles County? I've been looking with limited results. I don't want to order one and have it fit poorly.
Depends on what you want it for. If it's only for autocross (not track days) you can use a motorcycle helmet which are inexpensive and you can go to any motorcycle shop/dealer. If you want an SA rated helmet, Bell has a store in Costa Mesa.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Derek Schultz wrote:Where can I buy a helmet in Orange or Los Angeles County? I've been looking with limited results. I don't want to order one and have it fit poorly.
See previous thread Where to Buy? a helmet on these forums.
Kristoffer Gjevre

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

Rick Brown wrote:
Depends on what you want it for. If it's only for autocross (not track days) you can use a motorcycle helmet which are inexpensive and you can go to any motorcycle shop/dealer. If you want an SA rated helmet, Bell has a store in Costa Mesa.
My impression is that you can get DOT or Snell approved motorcycle helmets, and SCCA requires Snell approval.
Where Can I Buy a Helmet & What kind should I buy?