6/14/09 No$ Championship Reg Open

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: 6/14/09 No$ Championship Reg Open

Post by Rick Brown »

Mark DeShon wrote:
Aaron Goldsmith wrote:Hey, PAX folks, quick slacken and sign up. Uyeda, E3 is over and there's another lotus running, time to race. Right now STX is beating us for entries, especially with Isley singed up twice.
'Nother 'New guy' question here... What is PAX?
Mark D.
http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/indexes/rtp2009.html
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

PAX allows one to lose not only to their own class, but to other classes as well.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

PAX CLASS
(a) All entrants driving vehicles that compete in any SCCA National Solo II class are
eligible to compete in this Regional Class.
(b) Class results are based on the entrant’s best time multiplied by the National
PAX/RTP Index for their SCCA Solo II class plus any penalty. This Index is
published in North American Pylon and other sources and is listed in Appendix C.
(c) Vehicles competing in this class will display PAX as their class designation. Entry
cards must have the PAX class as well as the normal Solo II class identified.
The link the Rick posted leads you to where you can find the pax factors. In theory if everyone has a perfect run in their car for their class, then everyone should have the same exact time after applying this PAX factor. The Pax class is mostly intended for the national type people to run against each other instead of crushing someone in an underprepared car that would be in their class locally, or for anyone who's class is undersubscribed and who wants some stiff competition.

:thumbup:
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Mark DeShon wrote: 'Nother 'New guy' question here... What is PAX?
Mark D.
All the ST* classes benefit from the mythical PAX, which is basically a large mathematical formula that allows ST* drivers to presume their cars to be faster than the "real cars". This PAX, otherwise known as mental masturbation is the holy grail of autocross, the only goal is not to go faster than the other guy, but to have the mathematical formula tell everybody that your time was "better" than the other guys even though your car was slower overall. :lol:
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Sebastian Rios wrote: the only goal is not to go faster than the other guy, but to have the mathematical formula tell everybody that your time was "better" than the other guys even though your car was slower overall. :lol:
HAHA... That's pretty funny! Personally, index times kick my ass, because my poor, ill-funded 914 happens to land in D-Prepared since I milled my heads .060"! :D So indexing makes me mathematically even SLOWER than I already am! Hahaha! Good thing I like to decide for myself whether I drove well or not. See ya guys out there!
Mark D.
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Sebastian Rios wrote:
Mark DeShon wrote: 'Nother 'New guy' question here... What is PAX?
Mark D.
All the ST* classes benefit from the mythical PAX, which is basically a large mathematical formula that allows ST* drivers to presume their cars to be faster than the "real cars". This PAX, otherwise known as mental masturbation is the holy grail of autocross, the only goal is not to go faster than the other guy, but to have the mathematical formula tell everybody that your time was "better" than the other guys even though your car was slower overall. :lol:
and then you let some one great drive your car, and they really do beat the other guy's time :cry:
:lol:
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Matthew Petty
Car#: 0

Post by Matthew Petty »

I might be there with some of my DA integra buddies.
Matthew Petty
Car#: 0

Post by Matthew Petty »

First time I spun out in my car EVER today. I guess my new suspension is working :D
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Nice to see a line of DA's coming into ST! Thanks Matthew! Hope the guys had fun.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600