Post NO$ event

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Yuki Haneda
Club: No$
Car#: 933

Post NO$ event

Post by Yuki Haneda »

Thank you so much for making this weekend happen! I am still surprised that nothing really went wrong, even with the group changes, we still managed to finish by 330 and be completely packed by 5.

I really should be naming everyone but I need to rest, Thank you to all my Chiefs for keeping me sane, I really did not have to worry about your work and it helped me so much. And always Thanks Renee for everything! An event is never a an event without you!
-Yuki-
Photo by MAKO: NO$ event '08!
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: Post NO$ event

Post by Rick Brown »

Preliminary, audited results are posted. PM me with any questions/changes/errors.
Class Results:
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/C ... 09_fin.htm
PAX Results:
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/C ... 09_pax.htm
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Thanks everyone! I had a blast! Thanks getting the results up so quickly, Rick!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

From the announcer's seat, it looked like timing and scoring went quite smoothly. The new motorhome setup is good! :thumbup:
John Prosser

Post by John Prosser »

A very enjoyable event. Thanks all.
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Robert Ekstrand takes his first win! :thumbup:
Stacey and Steve: You guys must be so proud! Once he gets into racer mode he is so mature and focused, I love it!
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

it was a blast! the circle was new to me :)

my wrist hates me today, but it's ok, it was so fun! I can't put on gloves over the brace so I'm excused from most lab work today :gpower:

OT: did anyone else see the cone that was in the middle of the road on Cherry? I just wonder how it got stuck under the car and dragged so far...
~Lily
Rad_ Delgado_
Club: PSCC
Car#: 512

Post by Rad_ Delgado_ »

The skid pad was so much fun. It would be so nice to see one of those at a National Solo.

I counted 5 cars on course consistently, the event went so smooth.

I did not like the box, neither I liked the 10 mph left turn. The drivers that mastered these two elements were in a different time zone.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Rad D__ wrote:The skid pad was so much fun. It would be so nice to see one of those at a National Solo.
What. :unimpressed:

Gotta say the hardest time I've ever had doing data recorder, between having so many people on course, the huge disparity in people's times, plus people hitting all kinds of cones and the course workers not having time to reset them before the next car got there. Turns out ~20 seconds isn't enough time separating the cars when you have a course that takes that long and so favors fully prep'd cars that the time difference between prepped and non-prepped cars is over 20 seconds.

As a side note really starting to look like breakup is going to be a problem at cali speedway in the next year.
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Yes, AAA Speedway is getting bumpier and the breakup is getting to be more noticeable. We need to start thinking about other venues for the long term.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Sebastian Rios wrote:Yes, AAA Speedway is getting bumpier and the breakup is getting to be more noticeable. We need to start thinking about other venues for the long term.
Or solutions there...
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Sebastian Rios wrote:Robert Ekstrand takes his first win! :thumbup:
Stacey and Steve: You guys must be so proud! Once he gets into racer mode he is so mature and focused, I love it!
He was fast Kid Kart last month too. Not really wins, as we keep it a development series for the FJC. But yeah.... WE ARE HUGELY PROUD!!! He's slamming the throttle down and holding it down. I asked him about the brakes and he said he never needs the brakes til the finish line. He's going about as fast as he can go, just needs to work on line and tighten it up. I watched the 5-7yo kid karts across the street and some of those karts are going much faster than our Kart or Will's can go. Serious cheating? That's what I hear about them. But I really have no idea. I just know that next season and the season after, Robert is going to want to go faster and he is stuck with this spec kart in SCCA for 2.5 years. I doubt I can maintain his enthusiasm in this kart. He's flat out every lap.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Grant Heathman

Post by Grant Heathman »

Thank you so much for making this weekend happen! I am still surprised that nothing really went wrong, even with the group changes, we still managed to finish by 330 and be completely packed by 5.
What ever happened to 4 runs, with the long days (summer) and done by 3:30, more bang for the buck?
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Grant Heathman wrote:What ever happened to 4 runs, with the long days (summer) and done by 3:30, more bang for the buck?
Of the cuff, I'd quote Shakespeare, "much ado about nothing".

But in reality it all about FEAR. Back in college when I worked with teens a lot in High adventure activities, 14k Peak climbs, Rock Climbing, Rappelling, ect. we addressed that word as an acronym. FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real). In reality that's what fear breaks down to, and we have those within our community who are fearful of the "what if's" in changes to the status quo. What If: theres a timing issue, a computer issue, an oil spill, a bigger incident, weather.... the list goes on and on.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Best reason for quitting at 3:30?

LAKER GAME!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Game just started as I headed down Cherry ... 2nd half just started when I got home to see it on TV :gpower:

Glad my competitors didn't get more laps to rub it in. :( :lol: :lol: :lol: (Karen came dangerously close to beating me as it is ... and spun on her last lap going for broke)
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

I had fun as usual. Thanks for the good time.

Steve A.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Best reason for quitting at 3:30?

LAKER GAME!
Different strokes for different folks.

Play a sport or watch a sport... IMHO, I choose play, no matter the level of ability. Watching is for those who can't do.