Newbie on board!

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Jon Nishikuni
Club: TCC
Car#: 149

Re: Newbie on board!

Post by Jon Nishikuni »

Mako Koiwai wrote:You might not be doing great time wise against your class competitors (at first) ... but you WILL BE HAVING FUN ... in a safe environment that allows you to hang it out like no where else.

After five years I'm still not that fast ... blaming the car/tires is always a popular and semi valid excuse, at least in ones own mind ... but I Do Have A Lot Of Fun! Sometimes I ask myself, "what are you doing out here!?" ... but after a few corners you get that huge grin and rush and you Know Why you're out there. It's really easy to tell if you're trying hard enough. If your hand ISN'T shaking when you reach for your Timing Slip at the end of the run ... you weren't going fast enough. That is, fast enough in the fast sections. A lot of people over drive the slow corners and wimp out on the fast sections. It's the fast sections where you make up time.

Lot's of good Auto Cross Tips and video's here: http://www.teamblewracing.com/forum/for ... p?TID=1963
Hey Mako,
yeah, I can't wait to feel the rush. I'm sure you've gotten a lot faster since your first run. Five years experience counts a lot! And it must have been fun for you or you wouldn't still be doing it. Someone quoted me "Welcome to the addiction!" :shock:
Jon
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Jon Nishikuni wrote: Hi Leonard, yeah the mods took me out of stock class completely. LSD is after market. So no way for stock class. I'll be running CST but indexed as Novice. It'll be fun. :D
Jon
Hi Jon,

Oh, trust me. It's totally fun. :twisted: :)

If you make it into the practice, I'll be able to help instruct, but I might not be able to on the 26th because I don't think my class runs until the end of the day (we can't instruct before we've done our competition runs unless we're doing 'time only.') Don't worry, we can (and will) find someone who can help you join our addiction. :thumbup:
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Jon Nishikuni
Club: TCC
Car#: 149

Post by Jon Nishikuni »

Hey Leonard,
I'm not sure I made the cut for Practice. I was ill that weekend and got the check out late. If not, then I'll sign up for X runs. Looking forward to getting some instruction from you guys. There's nothing like having someone with a lot of experience sitting in the other seat advising you, huh.
Jon