2009 Solo National Championships, Sept 5th-11th

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

2009 Solo National Championships, Sept 5th-11th

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Who is currently Registered:
http://ams.scca.com/netforum/eweb/dynam ... 2&class=AS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't forget to put your name in for the transporter if you're going, 100% recomended (looks like it may be full):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robert Puertas wrote:Noon to 2pm Sunday will be EVO time.
Check the scheduule and sign-up at http://www.evoschool.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - you can also sign up for the EVO course seminar while you're there.
Mark Walker made a site for people to post information on about Solo Nationals. http://www.solonationals.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like they were out testing the courses last weekend and they aren't going to be heartland park short:
A couple of interesting things about the courses.

First, despite never having seen either course before hand, Michael and I designed coursed that were within 1 second of each other length wise in a C stock car. Both courses were over sixty seconds long in said Red car, and both courses had max and min speeds within 2 mph of each other. The MPH deltas were 30 mph on each course as well. All this despite the fact the courses look very, very different from one another. How different you ask. Well top speed on my course was into a braking zone and Michaels was in a corner.

As far as how fun they are, I don't know, but I will say that Howard always had a big smile on his face every time he would come in from a run on either course. That was a big vote of confidence for me.

I never went over to the practice course but I did hear Karen say that she had to go fix her course because it was to long.?!!! How often do you hear that complaint?

Looking forward to September

Chris Cox
Last edited by Aaron Goldsmith on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renee Angel
Club: No$
Car#: 77

Re: 2009 Solo National Championships, Sept 5th-11th

Post by Renee Angel »

I swear that looks a little like Craig Angel driving that car.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Craig had a lot more hair than Howard does.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron Goldsmith

Solo Nationals Newsletter - June Edition

Event Location: Lincoln Airpark, Lincoln NE (NW 36th & W. Mathis Rd, 68524)

Event Dates: September 8-11

Clarification #1 to the May Newsletter: The minimum cost to all participants is $135. An additional $180 is required of anyone that has not attended a 2009 National Tour or Divisional event.

Clarification # 2 to the May Newsletter: The Overnight Parking/Camping fee is only for anyone wishing to remain (sleep) on site. Traditional Paddock Parking is free.

The National Test N Tune (NTNT) has a new look for 2009 with some of the best of 2008 thrown in for good measure. Registration will open on Wednesday, June 17th.

1. The NTNT has a dedicated course area and will be open for six (6) days.
2. The test course designer is Karen Babb, Northwest region.
3. Test times will be sold in one (1) hour increments at a cost of $35 each hour.
4. Members are limited to three (3) runs/hour.
5. A fourth run may be purchased for a $10 donation to the Marines Toys for Tots Program or with the donation of a new, unwrapped toy.
6. Competitors may purchase more than 1 time block but may NOT purchase more than 1 block within the same hour. Competitors are advised that all NTNT fees are NON REFUNDABLE & NON TRANSFERABLE.
7. Test times are:
Friday, Sept. 4 1pm to 5pm
Saturday, Sept. 5 9am to Noon
2pm to 5pm
Sunday, Sept. 6 9am to Noon
2pm to 5pm
Pre – registration for these time frames is available on the SCCA Solo National Championships webpage or by logging in to http://www.scca.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Monday, Sept. 7 9am to Noon
2pm to 5pm
Tuesday, Sept. 8 9am to Noon
2pm to 5pm
Wednesday, Sept. 9 9am to Noon
2pm to 5pm
Registration for the Monday-Wednesday times is on a first come basis. Register on site at the Test N Tune course area. The cost remains $35/hour for three runs. Again, a fourth run may be purchased for a $10 donation to the Marines Toys for Tots program or with the donation of a new, unwrapped toy.
8. Great news! No mandatory work assignments for anyone participating in the NTNT. The Nebraska region will be using a portion of the entry fee to pay workers during the NTNT. Anyone that would like to work the test event and receive payment for their time may contact Mark Walker, Nebraska Region, to discuss the arrangements.
9. As stated in the National Championships Supplemental Regulations E.1 – this is a single tech event. Tech will open on Friday Noon and close at 7pm.
All vehicles must pass the event safety inspection (Tech) prior to any on-course participation. The inspection will be valid for all three (3) events – Test ‘N’ Tune, ProSolo Finale, and Solo Nationals. Inspection procedures are designed to recognize potential safety concerns that may affect the operation of our event and your Nationals experience. Tech will be at the event site.
Robert Puertas
Club: PSCC
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

What that failed to mention is that Noon to 2pm will be EVO time.

Check the scheduule and sign-up at http://www.evoschool.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - you can also sign up for the EVO course seminar while you're there.
Aaron Goldsmith

updated first post with more info.
Aaron Goldsmith

Oh and the ProSolo Finale is open for registration.

Current Registrants:
http://ams.scca.com/netforum/eweb/dynam ... c&class=R1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron Goldsmith

We're quickly approaching the price bump for Nats Registration. Heads Up.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

August 14, 4:00 pm, CST is the cutoff for the early registration rate. After that, it'll set you back $270.

Don't be late!

Mike
Aaron Goldsmith

Golf Cart Rentals at Solo Nationals (NOW AVAILABLE)
Written by Steve Glaab
Wednesday, 29 July 2009 11:07

I have two sources for golf carts for the SOLO NATIONALS. Phone numbers and websites provided. DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!! Make sure you tell the vendor you are with the SCCA SOLO NATIONALS when you call for reservations. NG&T does not charge a delivery fee. Drewels will have a fee for delivery and will work with those who have already commited for carts too. Mr Drewel will inform you what the charges are when you call. I understood it to be a nominal fee.......but it will NOT be $25. I suggest you shop both for the best price for your applicable dates.

Nebraska Golf and Turf, 1-800-535-2885 or 1-402-466-6222 (local) http://www.nebraskagolf.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best price I could get is $33/day (Mon-Fri = $165) or $200 for the week (4 - 11 Sep) to include the PRO SOLO Weekend events and the Nationals. These carts will be available for pickup and dropoff at the site. These carts are two seaters. There are no four seaters available due to the Nebraska State Fair. However, if you desire a 'utility' or 'specialty' cart, NG&T has those types available too. You can ask about them when you call. There are currently 30 carts on hold for us......call and reserve your cart ASAP. Your credit card will be billed upon reservation. Taxes, damage, and insurance charges are extra if applicable. NG&T does not charge a delivery charge.

Drewels Used Cars and EZ-GO, 1-402-466-7312 http://www.drewelsusedcarsandezgo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best price is $35/day $150/week for a two passenger, $50/day $175/week for a 4 passenger (very limited supply of 4 passenger....like about 6 of these). His weekly charge works for the 4th - 11th. He also has a 'couple' utility carts (boxes, flat backs etc) if you are interested. Taxes, damage, insurance, and delivery charges (nominal) are extra if applicable. This dealer has limited numbers of carts so call ASAP if you want to take advantage of these rates. These carts will also be available for pickup and dropoff at the site. Credit card will be charged upon reservation. (The 4 seaters are sold out as of 5 Aug)

We will have the carts from both vendors delivered to the site where you can sign them out upon arrival and return them on the day promised. These will all be gasoline carts. They will be inspected upon turn in and any damage / alteration of conditions will be reported to the vendor before you will be allowed to return the cart. Do not put decals/stickers etc on the carts. They may be decorated but only to the point it can be removed without leaving residue, marks, impressions, holes etc. Carts must be returned in the condition in which they were received.

NRSCCA and SCCA assume no responsibility / liability for these carts at any time. These carts will not be allowed outside the SOLO site for any reason. The Nebraska Region is making no money on the rental of these carts. NRSCCA is glad to help provide the service to our members.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Just booked my flights:- pretty cheap. Got mine on Orbitz for $237.

I'll probably be getting a rental car, so get the same flight out if you want to share.

Thursday, September 3, 2009
Continental Airlines # 1520

Santa Ana John Wayne (SNA) to Houston George Bush Intercntl. (IAH)
Departure (SNA): September 3, 11:40 AM PDT (morning)
Arrival (IAH): September 3, 4:46 PM CDT (afternoon)
Class: Economy

Thursday, September 3, 2009
Continental Airlines # 1853

Houston George Bush Intercntl. (IAH) to Omaha Eppley Airfield (OMA)
Departure (IAH): September 3, 5:35 PM CDT (evening)
Arrival (OMA): September 3, 7:40 PM CDT (evening)

Saturday, September 12, 2009
Continental Airlines # 2352 Operated by: CO2352 OPR BY ** EXPRESSJET AIRLINES INC DBA CO EXPRESS - Please check in with the operating carrier

Omaha Eppley Airfield (OMA) to Houston George Bush Intercntl. (IAH)
Departure (OMA): September 12, 11:30 AM CDT (morning)
Arrival (IAH): September 12, 1:40 PM CDT (afternoon)
Class: Economy

Saturday, September 12, 2009
Continental Airlines # 1821

Houston George Bush Intercntl. (IAH) to Santa Ana John Wayne (SNA)
Departure (IAH): September 12, 2:45 PM CDT (afternoon)
Arrival (SNA): September 12, 4:11 PM PDT (afternoon)
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Aaron Goldsmith

I like these last few days of registration where you can watch the numbers roll up in real time and classes are constantly filling out.
Aaron Goldsmith

Solo Nationals Newsletter - August Edition

· The early entry fee of $135 ends this Friday, August 14 at 4 PM CDT. After that time the regular fee of $270 kicks in.

· Why should I enter Nationals this year??

o The Lincoln Airpark is the largest site ever used for the 37th running of the event.

o Smooth grippy concrete.

o Site is large enough to have two premier courses AND a 45 second Test and Tune course that will be available for most of the event (see website for schedule details)

o There is only one chance to experience the first Nationals at a new site.

o The Lincoln community is very eager to have us and will be very welcoming.

o The Monday night Welcome Party, hosted by the Lincoln Convention and Visitors Bureau, will be at the Smith Collection museum (http://www.museumofamericanspeed.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) that has three floors of amazing items. This will be a very rare opportunity to stroll through the museum as access is usually limited to guided tours.

· The two courses, along with the Test and Tune course were set up and tested in late June. The test car was a C-Stock Miata driven by Howard Duncan, where he turned times in the low 60’s while touching the rev limiter at least once on each course. Gate width ranged generally from 25’ to 40’, so there is plenty of room for all types of cars to enjoy the challenge. Quote: “I had so much fun testing these two courses that I made far more runs than was actually necessary for sorting things out. If folks do not enjoy these two fantastic courses designed by Chris Cox (CA) and Michael Feldpush (CO), they may want to think about trying another sport as these are the type of courses that I could come in last and still be very glad I came; they were that much fun!!”

· ProSolo Finale entry has now been opened up for those folks entering only one PS event in 2009 after reserving entry for a week to those running multiple events in 2009. So, if you are a PS regular and planned to run the Finale, get your entry in NOW. Only 73 spots remain as of August 11th.
Reijo Silvennoinen
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

See you all there!

Reijo (ASP)
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jason Uyeda

Post by Jason Uyeda »

Reijo Silvennoinen wrote:See you all there!

Reijo (ASP)
Bastard :)
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

What's Reijo driving?
Thomas Kenna
Club: GRA
Car#: 214

Post by Thomas Kenna »

I believe a green Lotus from Canada, father-son I met in San Diego Tour, very nice guys.......

My third post ever..... :mrt:
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Yeah, but it's the *wrong* green! ;)
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Very wrong...
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Joey Schilling

Post by Joey Schilling »

Jason Uyeda wrote:
Reijo Silvennoinen wrote:See you all there!

Reijo (ASP)
Bastard :)

I feel for you jason, he's a tough one.
Reijo Silvennoinen

http://www.pbase.com/bryanh/image/115051680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's one sweet ride! It hops right along..... :)

Jason, I think it's that Junior guy whom we have to "worry" about! :) We'll have fun in any case! And, yes, Jay Zelazo and his dad, James, are really nice people....

Reijo
Last edited by Reijo Silvennoinen on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reijo
BS - CASOC
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Hey Reijo, I accidentally deleted your email.

We'll be looking forward the seeing you. Maybe we can do dinner one night. See you there.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Reijo Silvennoinen

I'll be there from Thursday (I'm in the Pro as well) to the following Friday.....think we all run on Thurs/Fri.....so I''m sure we can make that work.

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Mike!? ... you also have to beat Nick B ! :mrgreen:
Mako Koiwai