2008 F1 Podium Picker Challenge: British Grand Prix (Rd 9)

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Re: 2008 F1 Podium Picker Challenge: British Grand Prix (Rd 9)

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Results now posted at http://www.solo2.com/F1Game.asp

Current leader is still William Chen. And you "Ferrari" tifosi hacks try picking other drivers and MAYBE you'll start picking up points. Ain't that rigth Schenker? :)

P.S. - Please double check your picks to make sure I entered them in correctly (don't worry Ramy, I made sure yours was double checked) :)
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Hey Gio, mine are definatly not right.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
William Chen

Post by William Chen »

it would of been great if it kept raining, then we would of seen Civic pass Mercedes !! Rueben was gaining 14 seconds a lap on Lewis on rain tires !!
Giovanni Jaramillo

Christine Berry wrote:Hey Gio, mine are definatly not right.
I see the error, I'll fix tonight
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

William Chen wrote:it would of been great if it kept raining, then we would of seen Civic pass Mercedes !! Rueben was gaining 14 seconds a lap on Lewis on rain tires !!
When Honda went back to intermediates, Reubens slowed down. And he needed to get by Heidfeld, but damn he was driving the snot out of a terrible car.
Ramy Mattar

Post by Ramy Mattar »

P.S. - Please double check your picks to make sure I entered them in correctly (don't worry Ramy, I made sure yours was double checked)

Thanks Gio.

What a race! , lots of passing,
would have loved to see honda winning but it still was great strategy and results for them.
Half the season is over and we have 4 contenders with equal opportunitiy of winning the championship.
Massa ...... :o
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Post by Jeff Shyu »

massa was far from impressive this past sunday. A true champ needs to be able to drive in the wet as well as dry.

I'm not a fan of Hamilton (not sure why), but i've gotta hand it to him, he is a great driver, in all sorts of track conditions.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jeff Shyu wrote:massa was far from impressive this past sunday. A true champ needs to be able to drive in the wet as well as dry.
He looked silly. Like a "fish" out of water (pun intended).

Whereas Hamilton was like a duck in the rain, or a pig in slop.
Bob Beamesderfer

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Jeff Shyu wrote:massa was far from impressive this past sunday. A true champ needs to be able to drive in the wet as well as dry.

Whereas Hamilton was like a duck in the rain, or a pig in slop.
At one Hamilton was 48 seconds ahead and going 4-5 seconds a lap quicker. Not quite a Senna at Donnington Park drive, but pretty damn good. Kimi didn't look an ex-ice racer out there.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Not quite a Senna at Donnington Park drive, but pretty damn good.
And speaking of Donnington Park.........so in 2010 F1 moves there for the British Grand Prix. Bernie's a greedy mofo for sure!! Like Bob Varsha said, "they better be digging up the ground right NOW, for that MotoGP track to be up to F1 specs in 2yrs"

P.S. - I notice Schenker is relatively QUIET today................ :shock:
Last edited by Giovanni Jaramillo on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

I'd just like to say that I really hate fox's format for the F1 coverage, where they don't allow nearly enough time for the post-race interview
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jeff Shyu wrote:I'd just like to say that I really hate fox's format for the F1 coverage, where they don't allow nearly enough time for the post-race interview
Don't worry, you can catch the repeat on Speed. But be lucky it's not on CBS anymore. That was DIFFERENT announcers and HORRIBLE coverage. At least here it's the same announcers.

Next race (last one on Fox), the pre-race will be on Speed, but then race starts on Fox. So remember to TiVo 2 things on Sunday.
Bob Beamesderfer

Jeff Shyu wrote:I'd just like to say that I really hate fox's format for the F1 coverage, where they don't allow nearly enough time for the post-race interview
Don't worry, you can catch the repeat on Speed. But be lucky it's not on CBS anymore. That was DIFFERENT announcers and HORRIBLE coverage. At least here it's the same announcers.

Next race (last one on Fox), the pre-race will be on Speed, but then race starts on Fox. So remember to TiVo 2 things on Sunday.
Now that I've got my Dish PASS sorted out it will record anything titled "Formula One" :gpower:
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

i dunno.. i have directTV..

i clicked the 'record' button 2x when it was showing F1 on speed, and it has been flawless in recording everything on both speed and fox so far. practice, qualifying, race, recap.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Don Salyers wrote:Dish Sucks right Gio---- :D
Even though I no longer work at DIRECTV (laid off in April), Dish Network definitely.................SUCKS! :)
Bob Beamesderfer

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Not quite a Senna at Donnington Park drive, but pretty damn good.
And speaking of Donnington Park.........so in 2010 F1 moves there for the British Grand Prix. Bernie's a greedy mofo for sure!! Like Bob Varsha said, "they better be digging up the ground right NOW, for that MotoGP track to be up to F1 specs in 2yrs"

Nice timing of that announcement. I wonder what Jackie Stewart was talking to ol' Bernie about on the grid? The Scot and former BRDC chief had Ecc buttonholed.
Bob Beamesderfer

Don Salyers wrote:Dish Sucks right Gio---- :D
Even though I no longer work at DIRECTV (laid off in April), Dish Network definitely.................SUCKS! :)
Bah! What a homer you are. :lol:
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:

Nice timing of that announcement. I wonder what Jackie Stewart was talking to ol' Bernie about on the grid? The Scot and former BRDC chief had Ecc buttonholed.
Ah to be a FLY ON THE WALL during that conversation.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Christine Berry wrote:Hey Gio, mine are definatly not right.
Christine it turns out that just the HTML file had the picks wrong, but I did enter them correctly in the database the first time, so your points are correct as they stand (5 points for Lewis, 0 for 2nd, 0 for 3rd as you picked Ferrari....now THERE's your problem right there!! :mrgreen: )

The contestant's picks page has been updated.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Thanks Gio, I am trusting you because I don't keep track of the points (too far from first to put that much effort in)

Why do you guys think more teams didn't switch to the full wet tires when Barachello started passing people left and right? He was going so much faster that he made up that ~25 seconds for the extra pit stop.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Bob Beamesderfer

Christine Berry wrote:Thanks Gio, I am trusting you because I don't keep track of the points (too far from first to put that much effort in)

Why do you guys think more teams didn't switch to the full wet tires when Barachello started passing people left and right? He was going so much faster that he made up that ~25 seconds for the extra pit stop.
With Honda's current backmarker status I guess they didn't take it seriously enough. They probably thought the rain was too intermittent to go full wets, but obviously with the track that wet it was a good choice.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Though at this point no one should be surprised, he does that same thing every time it rains. Maybe he should look into joining Juan in Nascar, they don't run in the rain..