How do you say "OMGWTFBBQ" in German?

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mike Shin
Car#: 352

How do you say "OMGWTFBBQ" in German?

Post by Mike Shin »

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4515333&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

V10 ina BOX!!!!
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: How do you say "OMGWTFBBQ" in German?

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Holy schneikes! That's amazing!! Only observation is if I was going to sink that kind of cash into a custom-built, cost-no-object bullet, I'd have made sure the donor car wasn't so rusty.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

That wasn't cheap.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
That wasn't cheap.
Someone posted that it runs about $30K for the engine and trans.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Holy schneikes! That's amazing!! Only observation is if I was going to sink that kind of cash into a custom-built, cost-no-object bullet, I'd have made sure the donor car wasn't so rusty.
I guess you did not bother to go past page one... The donor car is pictured on pg 2, looks like a very solid M3. :thumbup: The pics in the build show a stripped body, bare metal can rust rather quickly.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote:
I guess you did not bother to go past page one... The donor car is pictured on pg 2, looks like a very solid M3. :thumbup: The pics in the build show a stripped body, bare metal can rust rather quickly.
Actually I read the whole thread...too interesting to stop. I saw the donor car and yes, it did look good. Good point about the stripped metal rusing more quickly, especially in Virginia where it can be really humid. Didn't think of that. But a couple rust spots looked fairly serious, like you'd find on a snow-belt car.
==============
Bob Beamesderfer

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
That wasn't cheap.
Someone posted that it runs about $30K for the engine and trans.
And that was only the beginning.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Oh good, you guys found the engine package we're putting int eh FP car next year.
John Coffey
Car#: 250

Post by John Coffey »

That's one of those jobs where the customer doesn't ask for an estimate and the shop couldn't possibly provide one. "Just keep sending money and we'll tell you when its done."
Bob Beamesderfer

John Coffey wrote:That's one of those jobs where the customer doesn't ask for an estimate and the shop couldn't possibly provide one. "Just keep sending money and we'll tell you when its done."
Exactly. Custom subframes, firewall, trans tunnel, flooring, fenders, upper suspension mounting points, cage, driveshaft—because the M5/6 has a longer wheelbase than an E30. Add on suspension, half shafts—the E30 is narrower than the M5/6—hubs and brakes, custom dash and foot box. That's what I remember from going through the photos quickly a few hours ago. Wild guess: $120k-$135k.

I really hope the owner knows how to drive and knows VIR. It would be shameful if the next we hear of it is through video of a messy off-track excursion.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

What is sad about a project like this, is that you stick a professional road racer in a stock E30 M3 at VIR and he dusts this monster. Its not about power til the guy next to you is as good as you. Power just makes it go off more often and hurt more.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Dennis R. Brown, DDS
Car#: 312

Post by Dennis R. Brown, DDS »

If you want to say it in German, it would be:
"Oh Gott! Was zum Teufel!"
A better comment on the car, "Das ist ja ein geiler Schlitten!", or that's a cool car. The benefits of growing up with a great-grandfather that left Germany because he hated the Kaiser.

I do agree about the frame looking a little weak for the torque that monster will put out.
DocBrown
http://push.pickensplan.com/profile/DrDennisRBrown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm the one driving the "overbloated bling ride"!!!!
My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

John Coffey wrote:That's one of those jobs where the customer doesn't ask for an estimate and the shop couldn't possibly provide one. "Just keep sending money and we'll tell you when its done."
like a friend of mine's 68' charger. he stoped counting at $100,000

http://www.musclecarrestorations.com/ga ... er-68-002/
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Bob Beamesderfer

Dennis R. Brown, DDS wrote:
I do agree about the frame looking a little weak for the torque that monster will put out.
That's why they put the cage in.
Bob Beamesderfer

Steve Ekstrand wrote:What is sad about a project like this, is that you stick a professional road racer in a stock E30 M3 at VIR and he dusts this monster. Its not about power til the guy next to you is as good as you. Power just makes it go off more often and hurt more.
If you can't go fast with 90hp, 900 won't help.

Depending on how it's tuned, that engine could be putting out close to 700hp. In the M6 it's tuned to 500 or so. Not sure it has enough tire to put that power to the ground.
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

There are certainly cheaper ways to go faster.
This is purely about the cool factor.

Anybody can go buy an old F1 car. Heck, used Nascar cars aren't even that expensive.
But this guy has the only V10 e30 M3, and I think that's what this is all about.
John Coffey
Car#: 250

Post by John Coffey »

Its a toy designed to fill an emotional need. I makes no sense if any kind of logic is applied. I explain that to my customers who are agonizing over a LS1, 2JZ, SR, or RB swap into their 240Z. Once I get them to realize its OK to base their engine choice purely on emotion the decision is made instantly.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I don't know John.... I think you'd try to talk me out of the 500" twin turbo Hemi in a Z car project.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600