For Sale 1978 LeGrand DSR B Mod Car

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Larry Houghton

For Sale 1978 LeGrand DSR B Mod Car

Post by Larry Houghton »

For Sale

1978 LeGrand Mk 18 DSR

Koni shocks, original Jongbloed custom three piece wheels, 8” x 13” and 10” x 13”, Fuel Safe 7 gallon fuel cell, 1260 cc 1982 Suzuki GS1100 four valve motor, recently rebuilt as Enduro race motor with great mid-range torque coming in at 5500 RPM, redline 10,500 RPM, approximately 165 HP, 860 lbs wet, chassis modified to 80” wheelbase for SCCA Solo B Modified class. All bearings, rod ends and bushings replaced during recent complete chassis refurbish.

The original SCCA Logbook is available. The car had three races in California in 1979 and was then stored until 1990. Car has been running Solo events in Southern California ever since. The motor was recently rebuilt (less than one hour run time) but has a broken crankshaft (external to the case).

Spares include original LeGrand cast magnesium alloy wheels, extra springs, shocks, exhaust, quick jack, etc.

1998 Mighty Mover 16’ enclosed trailer, 94” wide and 80” tall, 12’ roll out awning, tire rack, built in ramp extensions, tie-downs and electric winch. The trailer has a 5000 GVWR, 3200 pound load capacity, four new tires, new brakes and roof vent.

Complete Package

$12,950

Will consider separating car and trailer but not until car is sold.

Larry Houghton

larryhoughton1@gmail.com
(619) 390-9206 after 6:00 PM or weekends
Attachments
LeGrand 1.jpg
LeGrand 1.jpg (339.8 KiB) Viewed 2757 times
LeGrand 2.jpg
LeGrand 2.jpg (422.37 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
Last edited by Larry Houghton on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Re: For Sale 1978 LeGrand DSR B Mod Car

Post by Craig Naylor »

So what are you replacing this car with?

Craig
Larry Houghton

Post by Larry Houghton »

A new camera. I have gotten very involved again in photography. I used to do quite a bit back in the late 70's and with the new digital stuff, I have gotten the bug again.

I have had this car since 1988 and it was extremely depressing after two and half years of refreshing the entire car to have it break while breaking the motor in. It ran perfectly for five events, each at a higher rev limit. Then the crank went after I stopped for the time slip. Anyway, I am still involved in Solo with the club and maybe will get back to driving again but right now, it's time to sell the car and let someone else enjoy such a great car. That motor lasted for 11 years of solo events and a year of national campaigning (30 events during that year) without ever being freshened or removed from the car. Just change oil, adjust the valves and tune it up once in a while. I am now taking bunches of photos at the solo events and other motorsports in the area. I don't remember seeing you in San Diego much anymore. Were still there running on a doomed lot.

Larry
Larry Houghton

Post by Larry Houghton »

The LeGrand and trailer sold yesterday. Thanks for everyones help and interest.

Larry