General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Need a graphic artist

Post by Bill Schenker »

...or someone that knows how to create a graphics file that a vinyl printer (Rick Brown) can print from. I had a guy, but it didn't work out.

Anyone out there that could help?

Thanks!

P.S. This is for graphics that would cover the front of the car and part of each side.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Randy Chase
Club: PSCC
Car#: 98

Re: Need a graphic artist

Post by Randy Chase »

I will give you the 6 foot long CHASECAM logo on vinyl.

No problem. :)

I do know some guys that can help. Not cheap though. Call me...after McLaren wins over Ferrari.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Depending on how involved we're talking, I can do what you need. I'd be willing to do it gratis, assuming we're not talking something crazy. If you want some sort of real design (e.g. something artsy, not just a bunch of logos, etc.), we can talk. Also, I've always worked for regular old print output, never a car vinyl, so I'm not clear on what the finished product would be. But I'm willing to screw around and learn.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Depending on how involved we're talking, I can do what you need. I'd be willing to do it gratis, assuming we're not talking something crazy. If you want some sort of real design (e.g. something artsy, not just a bunch of logos, etc.), we can talk. Also, I've always worked for regular old print output, never a car vinyl, so I'm not clear on what the finished product would be. But I'm willing to screw around and learn.
Hey Kurt,

Thanks for the offer!! I'll tell you a little about what I want and you see if that's something you'd be interested in.

The graphic for the back is a logo that's already done, so I'd just want to see what it looks like on a rendering of the car before actually printing it. The front is more complicated: it's basically a checkered flag that's "solid" on the nose and then goes to a "waving" flag that runs along the front quarter panels/top of hood (by the fenders) and tapers to an end some where near the side view mirrors. Further, the checkers won't be a solid color, but rather "flames" - going from white hot @ the nose of the car to yellow to orange to red. All this on a body color of flat black with numbers and any graphics like "Mazda", "Mazdaspeed" and "Hoosier" in yellow to match the yellow of the "flames".

Interested? I'll find out from Rick what format he'd need the file to be in.

Thanks!

Bill
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Hmmmm. So basically, it's be like one of those car video games (like Forza, etc.) where you can place and move vinyls, but the graphics would be your own custom stuff.

I'd have to see if I can find a good rendering of a Miata from various different viewing angles to use as the "canvas." I'll look into it and let you know what I find. Do you know what the guy you were previously working with used, as far as software or a rendering?

Unfortunately (for you anyway :D ) I'm leaving shortly for Puerta Vallarta for a week. What's your timeline?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

I don't have the printer yet (our moving into a larger facility nightmare is still ongoing) but should soon. As far as file format, I use CorelDRAW primarily, but also have Illustrator and PhotoShop, any of those should work. My understanding is there are templates for most cars out there. I'll know more once I have the machine and the training.

If I wasn't so far behind at work, I'd offer to do the graphics, too.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Bill Schenker wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote:Depending on how involved we're talking, I can do what you need. I'd be willing to do it gratis, assuming we're not talking something crazy. If you want some sort of real design (e.g. something artsy, not just a bunch of logos, etc.), we can talk. Also, I've always worked for regular old print output, never a car vinyl, so I'm not clear on what the finished product would be. But I'm willing to screw around and learn.
Hey Kurt,

Thanks for the offer!! I'll tell you a little about what I want and you see if that's something you'd be interested in.

The graphic for the back is a logo that's already done, so I'd just want to see what it looks like on a rendering of the car before actually printing it. The front is more complicated: it's basically a checkered flag that's "solid" on the nose and then goes to a "waving" flag that runs along the front quarter panels/top of hood (by the fenders) and tapers to an end some where near the side view mirrors. Further, the checkers won't be a solid color, but rather "flames" - going from white hot @ the nose of the car to yellow to orange to red. All this on a body color of flat black with numbers and any graphics like "Mazda", "Mazdaspeed" and "Hoosier" in yellow to match the yellow of the "flames".

Interested? I'll find out from Rick what format he'd need the file to be in.
All done in Rick's program.

Thanks!

Bill

I don't know if I can help but take a look at some of my work.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Okay, I'm back from Mexico. I'll do some research and let you know if I can pull this off.
==============