Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Ashley Armstrong
Club: CASOC
Car#: 814

Re: Update on the Transporter to Nats

Post by Ashley Armstrong »

Richard Jung wrote:
David Avard wrote:
Richard Jung wrote: The cheapest you can fly, from LAX, is $280.

If I still lived in LA, I'd certainly be tempted.
True, SW is $129 ea way, not counting extra fees.
$240 round trip from ONT on United.
Ash "Cupcakes"
2008 bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit-eating champion
Mari Clements
Club: PSCC
Car#: 130

Post by Mari Clements »

Random responses...

Yesterday, I booked Jonathan on USAir out of Ontario for $99 each way.

3200 miles on a tow vehicle that already has 289K really doesn't matter for resale value.

On the measured miles section on the way home from Wendover, we discovered that our odometer only registers .9 of a mile for ever mile actually driven, so the 13.6 mpg we got is really even better... Woo hoo.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

On the measured miles section on the way home from Wendover, we discovered that our odometer only registers .9 of a mile for ever mile actually driven
Must have been a really exciting trip ;-)
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Yesterday, I booked Jonathan on USAir out of Ontario for $99 each way.
So Jonathan is going to Nationals? Eric and I discussed having my son, Max, co-drive with him at the Sept. Cal Club event, but I think that was before we realized that the dates were messed up and overlapped.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Mihai Surubariu

Post by Mihai Surubariu »

I will buy a ticket with Southwest out of LAX for 116$ one way
Last edited by Mihai Surubariu on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dirty Romanian
It's all down hill from here ....
Can't fix Stupid and DON'T mess with Crazy !!
Mihai Surubariu

Post by Mihai Surubariu »

So I would like to leave LAX with the 7 45 flight , that way I can still get a full's day work, get there at 12 ... I anybody gonna do the same thing if so we might want to hook up for the rental and such.
LMK
The Dirty Romanian
It's all down hill from here ....
Can't fix Stupid and DON'T mess with Crazy !!
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

How are we doing on the transport? I don't don't want to book air until this is finalized. We are planning on flying in on Saturday 9/13 and leaving on Thursday 9/18 or Friday 9/19. Looks like we'll be missing the Friday night action. Has anyone contracted for the movie rights? ;)

Questions:

1. Where will we meet for loading? I assume El Toro, but do we have confirmation? If we can't get El Toro, there is more than enough room in front of my house to accomplish the task.
I don't know the weight limits of the street though, if any. Easy access in and out, 2 miles from the freeways near Long Beach airport. There is also Paramount Boulevard right off the 91 freeway in Long Beach where big rig parking is allowed yet not so crowded that we couldn't use it for loading/unloading on this end.

2. Have arrangements been made in the Topeka end for parking, unloading and loading the trailer? If not, David Avard, can you help with a local contact name and number on your end?

3. What are the plans when the trailer arrives and leaves? One of us should be there to receive the trailer.

4. Will the trailer be parked at the site? Will it be the same trailer coming and going?
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
David Avard
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

George Schilling wrote:How are we doing on the transport? I don't don't want to book air until this is finalized. We are planning on flying in on Saturday 9/13 and leaving on Thursday 9/18 or Friday 9/19. Looks like we'll be missing the Friday night action. Has anyone contracted for the movie rights? ;)

Questions:

1. Where will we meet for loading? I assume El Toro, but do we have confirmation? If we can't get El Toro, there is more than enough room in front of my house to accomplish the task.
I don't know the weight limits of the street though, if any. Easy access in and out, 2 miles from the freeways near Long Beach airport. There is also Paramount Boulevard right off the 91 freeway in Long Beach where big rig parking is allowed yet not so crowded that we couldn't use it for loading/unloading on this end.

2. Have arrangements been made in the Topeka end for parking, unloading and loading the trailer? If not, David Avard, can you help with a local contact name and number on your end?

3. What are the plans when the trailer arrives and leaves? One of us should be there to receive the trailer.

4. Will the trailer be parked at the site? Will it be the same trailer coming and going?
I'll wait for Rich to answer your questions, but I should be available most days. I still haven't decided on doing the finale, as we've been giving the SCCA an awful lot of money in the past month (NT, Pro, Nats, all x2, and membership renewal).
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

George Schilling wrote:How are we doing on the transport? I don't don't want to book air until this is finalized. We are planning on flying in on Saturday 9/13 and leaving on Thursday 9/18 or Friday 9/19. Looks like we'll be missing the Friday night action. Has anyone contracted for the movie rights? ;)

Questions:

Hey george, if you'd give Rick your email address you'd be on the email chain with the rest of the transport people. ;)
Richard Jung
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

Success!

The 10 car transporter group brought home 15 trophies, including 6 National Championship titles!

The cars got to HPT on time and were returned yesterday.

Congrats, and thanks to all who participated and help make this happen.

Rick
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

Excellent. I hope they do this to Blytheville or where ever it will be next year.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Thanks Rick
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

Thanks Rick, the transporter definitely worked out well.
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Brian Peters wrote:Thanks Rick, the transporter definitely worked out well.
Congrats man! You did great and opened a few eyes for sure!

I think the transporter is a lucky charm.
Richard Jung
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

Brian Peters wrote:Thanks Rick, the transporter definitely worked out well.
Yes, you and Doug did great winning CSP and DSP!

I need to put my car in the lucky front bug spot on the truck next time. :D

Rick