August 14 E-Board Practice Entry List

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

August 14 E-Board Practice Entry List

Post by George Schilling »

Here's a link to the entry list for the practice. All points card members who applied were accepted. That put us 6 over our maximum entry number of 90 for the event. I expect at least 6 cancellations, maybe more. There are about 30 non-points card holders on the wait list. If spots open up, the open spots will be awarded in the order the entries were received.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... FD94B68DA3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you need to cancel for any reason, you can post here, or send a PM or Email to me.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Greg Peng
Club: PSCC
Car#: 908

Re: August 14 E-Board Practice Entry List

Post by Greg Peng »

I got in!!! :gpower:

Thanks for the update, George.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Your welcome Greg.

For those of you who did not get in, being a points card holder and participating in championships greatly increases your chances.

Also, the remaining practices rounding out the year will be much easier to get in as a non-member. So don't give up, be sure to apply for the next practice.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

A new driver friend, no points card yet, on the waiting list, got into this Saturday's Practice in San Diego. (Interesting, they seem to have a Morning and Afternoon session ... one does one or the other and doesn't have to spend all day at the event? So if you're not In and want to get some seat time ... SD is another excellent location ... usually very pleasant weather ...

She's also going down there to meet up with Steve Coe, one of our message board sponsors ... so that she could try various helmets and then likely purchase one.
http://www.c2racers.com/

SD Practice: http://www.sdsolo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2487

SD Events: http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/schedule/

(I see KJ is advertising OUR event on Their message board)
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

SD Practice events are (like Cal Club's) determined by the presenting club as to format. Sometimes you will do all day. Sometimes it is morning OR afternoon. And weather indeed is almost always temperate at Qualcomm Stadium, though during football season you will often see LIGHTNING.

Message boards.. I don't see the two regions as competing. But that is just my opinion.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

George,

Can you please remove Andrea and I from the list. We did want to make this event, but a work requirement to be at Laguna Seca and Pebble Beach next weekend takes priority.

Yes it sucks... I will be at Laguna Seca with the Leno's Garage team... :king: and have a personal invite to experience the McLaren MP4-12C. :heyes:
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
George Schilling
Club Representative

Randy Chase wrote:George,

Can you please remove Andrea and I from the list. We did want to make this event, but a work requirement to be at Laguna Seca and Pebble Beach next weekend takes priority.

Yes it sucks... I will be at Laguna Seca with the Leno's Garage team... :king: and have a personal invite to experience the McLaren MP4-12C. :heyes:
Oh, well in that case....... :heyes:
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Randy Chase wrote:George,

Poor Randy, all work and no pl- wait a minute!
Collin Webster
Car#: 901

Post by Collin Webster »

I submitted my app today.
In the last 5 weeks, I've had two family funerals, bought a new house, spent 2 weekends up on a ladder painting tall ceilings, and I'm just plain broke-ass tired. I live 5 minutes from El Toro, have a points card, and did the pro-solo this year and last. I'm not able to commit to hitting every event this year or next, but I could **REALLY** use an autocross event to get the nerves out. Nothing says fun like smoking tires.

So, any way I can get confirmed in?
George Schilling wrote:Your welcome Greg.

For those of you who did not get in, being a points card holder and participating in championships greatly increases your chances.

Also, the remaining practices rounding out the year will be much easier to get in as a non-member. So don't give up, be sure to apply for the next practice.
'06 Mazda MX-5 Miata - STR Starting Point
'08 MazdaSpeed 3 STU - FWD basket case
- The loosest nut in my cars is still the one behind the wheel.
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Colin your name has been on the list from the beginning!
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

I like this list.

thanks,
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

If I got into this practice I would have not done the Roval that weekend. You guys at El Toro are way better.

I am committing to the Roval as of this moment so please take me off the wait list. Thanks!

Anyone who did not make it should come hang out with me and keep me company. We will have a little autocross going, too LOL

-Jamie
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Jamie Lessie wrote:If I got into this practice I would have not done the Roval that weekend. You guys at El Toro are way better.

I am committing to the Roval as of this moment so please take me off the wait list. Thanks!

Anyone who did not make it should come hang out with me and keep me company. We will have a little autocross going, too LOL

-Jamie
Where is this at?
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Jamie Lessie

Post by Jamie Lessie »

AAA Speedway w/Speedventures
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Schilling
Club Representative

I've just unlocked the wait list and have begun to admit non-points card holders. From now until Saturday, check the list frequently and there will likely be several additions to the entry list.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

REMINDER: Today is the last day to cancel to avoid being charged for the practice.

Also, we have a hard deadline when we have to leave in the afternoon so it is very important that you arrive early enough in the morning to get through tech and check in so we can start on time.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Adrian Covert
Car#: 127

Post by Adrian Covert »

I can't make it to the practice, can I have my name removed from the list?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Adrian Covert wrote:I can't make it to the practice, can I have my name removed from the list?
Done.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

If you were on the wait list, please keep an eye out on the registration list for updates. We're starting to get a few cancellations.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Adrian Covert
Car#: 127

Post by Adrian Covert »

Was just informed that I could cancel my own registration, Thanks Christine!

It was quite simple, even for me.