Ekstrand loudly requests a date be fixed.

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Ekstrand loudly requests a date be fixed.

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

SEPTEMBER DATE IS STILL BOGUS!!!!

We need to remove the incorrect date even if the person with the power to do so doesn't know the correct date.

WRONG info is far worse than INCOMPLETE info!!!!

Do it! Or suffer the painful evil wrath of the Teulie Family. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Re: When Are Your Events?

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:SEPTEMBER DATE IS STILL BOGUS!!!!

We need to remove the incorrect date even if the person with the power to do so doesn't know the correct date.

Do it! Or suffer the painful evil wrath of the Teulie Family. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:)
[GrahamChapman] "I've seen grown men tear their own 'eads off rather than face Doug Teulie." [/GrahamChapman]
Giovanni Jaramillo

Re: Eckstrand loudly requests a date be fixed.

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:SEPTEMBER DATE IS STILL BOGUS!!!!

FIXED. It's now Sept. 13th (practice), 14th (championship).
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Re: Ekstrand loudly requests a date be fixed.

Post by Doug Teulie »

FIXED. It's now Sept. 13th (practice), 14th (championship).

Thank you Steve! You got the job done! :thumbup: :thumbup:
I am sure that the conflicts will be felt but at least we know what days we are dealing with.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Screaming works. People bitch about it, but I don't really care.

I brought this up a week or two ago and nothing happened. I wanted it fixed if we were going to be pointing people to the calendar.

Every organization needs somebody who cares about what needs to be done and not the political niceties.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Screaming works. People bitch about it, but I don't really care.

I brought this up a week or two ago and nothing happened. I wanted it fixed if we were going to be pointing people to the calendar.

Every organization needs somebody who cares about what needs to be done and not the political niceties.
yes but then someone else will scream about that change.....and sure enough they did viewtopic.php?f=11&t=446
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

HELLO????

What are you babbling about?

What does leaving up blatantly bogus information have to do with your comment????

People will bitch about holding a championship during the SCCA National Championship.

I've heard people, including the same damn people complaining that people will complain about this, complain about far less relevant conflicts. Like say, a road race somewhere. People are idiots by nature. Not my problem.

Mine is simple, don't report bogus info.

Plenty of discussions will fling out of control regarding this September event. They are irrelevant to removing bogus info.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:HELLO????
What are you babbling about?
What I'm "babbling about" as you put it, is me putting back the quote unquote "correct yet conflicting date", yet Bill complains about that as well. And since I'm not the ONLY one who can update the calendar somehow I'm the one who gets yelled at. Can't win with you people.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

You can put the date in
Keep it out

I don't care.

My complaint before and my complaint last night was to get rid of BOGUS dates? How hard is that to understand.

Just because you don't know the correct date or their is controversy about a date, is not a valid excuse for waiting this long to remove a known bogus date.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Just because you don't know the correct date or their is controversy about a date, is not a valid excuse for waiting this long to remove a known bogus date.
I'm not the "calendar"-keeper. There are others that can do this. Don't blame me for it being on there this long.
Last edited by Giovanni Jaramillo on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I looked up Trunk Monkey in the Urban Dictionary and it says,
Slow driving primate best known for promoting Amsoil and Paypal. Also keeps the calendar.
Neurotically fanatical about BMW's.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Not that I have any involvement with what you two are arguing about (although It would have been nice to know that I am missing an event while I am at nationals) nor do I pretend to fully understad Steve, but I think you are reading this a little wrong Gio.

I think the "you" that Steve was refering to was the whole E-Board orginization, not you specifically. (although I could be wrong based on the post he just made while I was typing this)

There is obviously a communication disconnect between the E-board and the people who can change stuff on the website. We have not officially named someone to update the calander info, so updates slip through the cracks.

(from a moderator stand point, please keep the bad language to a minimum)
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Also keeps the calendar.
I object to just one. Though AMSOIL only for Schenker, as I can no longer use any oil OTHER than BMWs Castrol Synthetic imported from Europe (10W-60) @$11/qt (ouch).

I do keep it up but it's voluntary role that if I'm not around, Will K. or Rick B. can do it. And I truly didn't know what the "correct date" was/is.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Christine Berry wrote:(from a moderator stand point, please keep the bad language to a minimum)
Agreed. Sorry as I usually don't like to curse on message boards. it's pointless...I'll update my post.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

psst.... Gio. The solo2.com site says that you are the assistant Webmaster, so updating the calander would kinda be your job (or Will's). Maybe we just need to make sure that the E-board knows who to tell when changes are made.

(oh and by the way it does not help posting a link the the E-board message board since the rest of us can't see it)

Thanks for updating the Calander!
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Giovanni Jaramillo

Christine Berry wrote:psst.... Gio. The solo2.com site says that you are the assistant Webmaster, so updating the calander would kinda be your job (or Will's).
Haha! Oh my you are right.............that would make me in charge of all web things. I guess Calendar is just a part of it.
Christine Berry wrote:Maybe we just need to make sure that the E-board knows who to tell when changes are made.
Yes I agree and that way there's a chain-of-command and it filters down.
Christine Berry wrote:(oh and by the way it does not help posting a link the the E-board message board since the rest of us can't see it)
Didn't realize the affect.
Christine Berry wrote:Thanks for updating the Calender!
No problem.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: What I'm "babbling about" as you put it, is me putting back the quote unquote "correct yet conflicting date", yet Bill complains about that as well. And since I'm not the ONLY one who can update the calendar somehow I'm the one who gets yelled at. Can't win with you people.
Gio, I'll probably have to handle this/clear-it-up-with-you by phone, but let me try here: I was not "complaining" about your putting up a date. I was "complaining" that it conflicts with the ProSolo Finale, and that it shouldn't for many reasons.

At this point, I don't know if the 13th-14th is really the date of the Sept. Champ. or if it's the 20th-21st. What I do know is that we seem to not have the non-conflicting dates of the 27th-28th.

Just to make it crystal clear for me; is it a "fact" that we're running the 13th-14th of Sept.?

Thanks,

Bill
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

I posted this once already for you, it seems pretty clear to me:

http://www.solo2.com/minutes/2008_07_CS ... inutes.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's not to say it can't be changed for some reason though. Talk to your club rep if you have a problem.

Jay W

Bill Schenker wrote:At this point, I don't know if the 13th-14th is really the date of the Sept. Champ. or if it's the 20th-21st. What I do know is that we seem to not have the non-conflicting dates of the 27th-28th.

Just to make it crystal clear for me; is it a "fact" that we're running the 13th-14th of Sept.?

Thanks,

Bill
Tom Berry
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Bill,
The event doesnt just interfere with the Pro... it really makes it VERY hard if not impossible to make it to Topeka in time to run the Tues/Wed. nationals.
If you left CS Sunday after running in the afternoon... you could not make it to HP in time to register/walk/etc before things close monday afternoon and there are no same day check ins for nationals.
Bill Schenker

Post by Bill Schenker »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:I posted this once already for you, it seems pretty clear to me:

http://www.solo2.com/minutes/2008_07_CS ... inutes.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's not to say it can't be changed for some reason though. Talk to your club rep if you have a problem.

Jay W
Wow! This interweb thing is pretty Fin' confusing, because I asked Gio if we are, in fact, having an event on the 13th-14th of Sept., and you tell me that you've already answered it, but when I go to the July minutes, all it says is that:

"The current date at AutoClub Speedway for September coincides with National’s. The Speedway and El Toro have already booked all other dates for September. The lot chair is still looking. If no other location is available, those members going to Nationals can use their average for this event"

I don't see a date there, Jay; am I missing something? And please don't tell me that "Nationals" in this context means the Solo National Championships, Sept. 16-19, 2008 as in our Division, the term, "Nationals" is used to describe anything from a National Tour to a ProSolo to the ProSolo Finale to the National Championships themselves.

Again, I ask: is the date that Gio put up most recently, Sept. 13-14th, the date of the event or not.

And Jay, I have asked my Rep. to look into this, and frankly, find find it offensive that you have a problem that I ask questions to the EBoard directly - I was my club's rep. in the recent past and and know full well that a general member like myself can ask the board directly; as a matter of fact, it's probably the better place the the General board as it can hopefully be responded to in a calm and courtious manner. Oh, wait; what am I thinking - being treated courteously by that group can often be the exception! ;)
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:I posted this once already for you, it seems pretty clear to me:

Jay W
People are so bad at discussing any issue around this place...

Bill asks if its really for sure the 13-14th or is it the 20-21st....

Jayson posts a link AGAIN for the minutes and talks about how clear everything is....

Of course, the minutes point out a problem and a conflict, but don't give the DATE!!!

EDIT: Or like Bill said in the post above....

EDIT 2: I hate this place. I just frickin' HATE CalClub.
Last edited by Steve Ekstrand on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bill Schenker

Post by Bill Schenker »

Tom Berry wrote:Bill,
The event doesnt just interfere with the Pro... it really makes it VERY hard if not impossible to make it to Topeka in time to run the Tues/Wed. nationals.
If you left CS Sunday after running in the afternoon... you could not make it to HP in time to register/walk/etc before things close monday afternoon and there are no same day check ins for nationals.
Tom,

You are prechin' to the converted here, my friend; luckily for you, you've missed the sh*t that I've taken for this and how PAX will be handled in the NOTLD.

It is ridiculous, in apparently only, according to many, my humble opinion, that we schedule a regional event to conflict with either the Finale or Nats. Among other things, I've suggested that the conflicting regional dates be either cancelled, if, like in the past, Cal. Spdwy. will agree to it so that we don't eat the lot cost, and rescheduled for either a late Aug. date @ El Toro, or a date in Oct., Nov. or Dec., thereby making one of those months a 2-in-one-month schedule.

Or, if no one wants to try and get a refund on the Sept. date, turn it into a school and/or practice and schedule another date in Oct./Nov./Dec.

My asking that this be looked into was practically treated like I was spitting on the memory of Craig :roll: - go figure.
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Not trying to cause trouble, but it does seem a little weird that our group scheduled a regional event during the national championships. It's a little like a contending national soccer team scheduling it's own tournament during the world cup or something.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Steve Ekstrand wrote: EDIT: Or like Bill said in the post above....

EDIT 2: I hate this place. I just frickin' HATE CalClub.
I guess you could call the lot chair and ask if they needed help securing another lot...
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

People want to play while the nationals primadonnas are away? Fine. Make it a double practice slash novice school. You can run that weekend, just don't make a points paying championship.

August date conflicts with one of two National tours on the West Coast.
September date conflicts with the National Championships and Pro Finale.

Good Grief Charlie Brown.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600