Spot that DNF

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Spot that DNF

Post by Arthur Grant »

Team,
I have been trying to figure out where I DNF'd my second run since (well my second run) on Sunday. Realize a GOPRO video doesn't catch everything, but I know I can't find it and am looking for help. Where in the run does it look like I DNF'd. I am not saying I didn't, just saying I don't see it. So it could well be obvious to all of you and not me. This is one of those times I would like slo motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sR6wDdX ... tube_gdata" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the help.
Robert Puertas
Club: PSCC
Car#: 44

Re: Spot that DNF

Post by Robert Puertas »

I don't see it either.

Kris G. had me ride with him on his second run because he was called for a DNF on his first and didn't know where it was.
Ironically, he DNF'd his 2nd run because he got crossed up in the offset cones after the start.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

The run video that you have labeled as run #1 very clearly has a DNF in it. The results show your first run as being clean. It looks like that's where the problem is. I don't know for sure what is correct but there is obviously some confusion between your first and second runs.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Christine Berry wrote:The run video that you have labeled as run #1 very clearly has a DNF in it. The results show your first run as being clean. It looks like that's where the problem is. I don't know for sure what is correct but there is obviously some confusion between your first and second runs.
I did not see a DNF in the video of his first run labeled 2 but it is clear that he DNFed in the video labeled 1. The labels are not correct,
I know that the video labeled 2 is of his first run. I can tell because Ian was running his first run (2 drivers went out first) and Ian finishes his first lap (Curt announced Ian's first lap time) when the car driven in the video is in line at the start of the video labeled 2.

Last edited by Doug Teulie on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Thanks Christine. Just so I get it, where in run 1 do you see the DNF? Fortunately I had a good 3rd run, and the .25 between the second and third runs wouldn't make a difference in placement or the final points total so no harm.
Jack Tsou
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 8

Post by Jack Tsou »

Arthur Grant wrote:Thanks Christine. Just so I get it, where in run 1 do you see the DNF? Fortunately I had a good 3rd run, and the .25 between the second and third runs wouldn't make a difference in placement or the final points total so no harm.

0.41 into the video.. you need to be on the left side of the cones..
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Arthur Grant wrote:Thanks Christine. Just so I get it, where in run 1 do you see the DNF? Fortunately I had a good 3rd run, and the .25 between the second and third runs wouldn't make a difference in placement or the final points total so no harm.
At the :41 second mark.
Last edited by Leonard Cachola on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

It is at the start (first wall). You went around the pointer the wrong way.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Kristoffer Gjevre

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

Robert Puertas wrote:I don't see it either.

Kris G. had me ride with him on his second run because he was called for a DNF on his first and didn't know where it was.
Ironically, he DNF'd his 2nd run because he got crossed up in the offset cones after the start.
Yeah, well, when I looked at the video I made of my first run it became clear that my second run with you riding was a clear indication, as you suggested, of what I messed up on my first run - I did not get to the right of the last wall of cones at the start.
It would have taken me about 20 seconds of playing that video on my camera while in grid after my first run to see it... oh well, I will have to remember to do that if there is a next time like this...
Thanks for riding with me!

-kg
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

All appreciate the help, saw the fault. Amazed I missed it in all the times I looked at that run. By the way any critique of the 2nd and 3rd runs are appreciated. I have to be honest I wasn't unhappy with the first run 65, and the 61's despite not being enought to win,place or show, seemed reasonable. Know I left time on the track especially at the entry to the 1st slalom, but comments are still appreciated.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I think I saw the Yarus do that twice
Ramin Beizaie
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 301

Post by Ramin Beizaie »

Hey Art, I DNF'd at exactly the same spot on my first run too. Boy I really liked that section of the course though, there was a lesson in it for me as far as paying more attention during course walks and keeping my eyes up while driving.